Ouch!
Just had to drop the Busa to avoid running into a car 'that just didn't see me ...' while it turned left over 3 lanes of traffic ... anyhow the right hand side fairing and pipe are all scraped down ... anyone have an idea of cost to replace?

Is this a replacement or do they fix it?

Bloody hell..sorry to hear that man. I take it that other than being majorly pissed off your in one piece?
Good luck!!!
Cheers
Frost'
Did they stop? Did you get a number? Did anyone else get a number?

ARE YOU OK?

HEIDI xxx
hi fox

real sorry to hear about the bike but as long as you are okay that's the main thing,,

the panels are usually repaired, the pipe is a replace,,

unfortunately, nothings cheap on a busa, i have no idea on prices but i'm sure there are a few unfortunate members who have and i'm sure they'll 'pipe' up now,,

good luck
les Edited by: busababy at: 5/31/01 9:08:21 pm
Hey thanks for the response folks (and the emails!)
I'm fine although today I feel like like I've just played in International Rugby match against Samoa :)

Just beaten and bruised.

The bike is ridable but it's really taken quite a bit of the fairing, pip and front guard,

There were plenty of witnesses and the I have full details of the driver who stopped and was very shocked. So it's a full insurance job .....

Once again thanks for the response :)

Fox,
That bugger had better be ready by the 23rd for the trip??
Or else you may have to pillion behind one of the other crazy bastards.
Now that would be scary!!!!
Still got your sense of humour dude so keep truckin...
Cheers
Frost'
Shit man sorry to here that AHHHHH now that I know you are OK Im glad I only have 1 thing to say thats it everyone that is going on the Sydney ride must now put there Busa's away til the ride day ok
Hey where did everyone go
Hey fellas
Did anyone here me !!!!
Hello is anyone out there?
Fellas come baaacckkk
no really I am sorry to here that fox is there any thing I can do
Fox, I can tell you exactly what the parts cost as I low-sided mine a couple of weeks ago on the left side.

Muffler: $711.77
Fairing - side: $872.67
Fairing - nose: $635.94
Front guard: $276.52
Mirror: $105.75
Clutch lever: $68.70
Magneto cover: $73.54
Fairing stickers: $142.67
Centre stand: $219.21
Side stand: $112.15
Front brake caliper: $685.31

These prices are retail in australian dollars and were supplied by a Suzuki dealer as part of an insurance quote. There are some more bits on the quote which take it to about $6000.00 for a 90 kph slide up the road.

Moral of the story: Don't chase a 996 duke up the Oxley highway from Port Macquarie through the 25 - 35 kph bends and expect to stay upright trying to keep it in sight.
Don't worry guys there's no way I'll be missing the Sydney Run!

OzBusa thanks for the figures - expensive bastards aren't they!

Still, way cheaper than getting a 996 fixed .. Sounds like you were giving it a good run for the money tho?
A Bus giving a 996 a "run for it's money" up the tight bits of the Oxley Highway !!!!!!
You Must Be Joking...........or you obviously haven't ridden from Long Flat to Gingers Creek.
Hey Rocket,

wouldn't that still depend on the rider a lot? Put me on a 996, and most of you guys will give me more than a run for my money on most roads... I just aint good in twisties, no matter what bike you put me on.

Richard

p.s. Here's a thought, (on a slightly different tangent). Let some kid on a ZZR250 or similar drag you off at the lights, then when he goes and tells his mates that he left a Hayabusa in his dust, they'll all just beat him up for bullshitting....
Deemester,
If you could "duplicate" yourself and put one of each of you on a 996 and a Hayabusa and set off from long flat up the mountain to Gingers Creek, I would suggest that the 996 mounted deemster would be there first.......for a number of reasons, changing direction constantly for about 40k's through corners marked from 25kph to 60kph the 996 would romp away with it's quicker turning, great drive, better braking and lighter weight, you (the Bus Deemster) would be absolutely knackered from heaving that whale from side to side through that road, the surface is also very tricky with moss growing on it in the shaded turns (and that's a lot of them) this time of the year. you would also be worried about gassing it up out of the turns.
Anyway, it doesn't matter does it? as long as you get there in one piece. There will always be someone quicker out there, the last time I was up there a local guy from Port Mcquarie blitzed us all on a 600.
I am not critisising the bus, I just know that road and if I was going up there with a "point" to prove I would leave my Hayabusa in the shed and get out a more appropriate weapon.
Mind you once past Gingers creek there are some of the best wide open sweepers and straights in the land. Ideal territory for the bus.
A "Busa deMeester" and a "996 deMeester". I like the idea...

Maybe that Yamaha ad is on the right track (where the guy makes two clones of himself so that he can buy 3 different Yamaha motorbikes and have a different "him" to enjoy each one... I like that ad a lot).
Rocketman, you'd be surprised how fast a Busa can get through twisty roads with some familiarity. If you leave it in second gear all the way and operate between 3 and 10,000 rpm, it's surprisingly quick. However you are right about the fatigue induced by repeatedly pulling up all that weight. I ride Tamworth to Port Macquarie and back about 3 times a month, purely for pleasure, and quite often with the 996 in question. I have ridden the 996 a few times and can tell you that it is far from the ideal bike for that road. The Busa actually turns in a lot better and pulls out of the turns as well if not better. Its just that you have to brake a lot earlier because of the weight, and you can't lean it over as far as the duke, as I learnt. The fastest bikes I have seen through there are R1 yammies. The absolute fastest I have seen was a lunatic on a RGV 250 Suzuki. I still believe a lot of it is down to the rider and familiarity with both the road and your own bike.
So what would the 3rd clone be riding Richard...?