Advice on new Busa
Hi all,

Well 'finally' after 3 weeks waiting the bank have finally said YES to me freeing up some of the eqity in the family home so I can get a pool installed and FINALLY buy myself a NEW bike. Being perfectly honest I have been a Kawasaki fan of old and currently have a 1999 ZZR1100, was going to wait for the new 14 but I am buggered if I am going to wait another 2 months to see if I even like trhe bike in the flesh!

So, have approached a couple of Suzuki dealers here in Perth. One has quoted me for a 2006 Red/Black model: $18490 drive away, stamp duty paid and reg'd and also a pair of Yoshi's bolted on. Now I know the MRRP is $18490 and I believe the yoshi's are worth maybe $1400 over here in Perth. What am I better off doing ? Sticking with Yosh's or going for a set of staintunes or Muzzies, and how much extra would they be likley to be, would I need to have the ecu remapped for any of the above options ?? As well as the above I will also be paying for a tinted double bubble screen, centre stand & rack and bag.

The way i have been thinking its probably going to be better to buy a bike with a PROVEN motor rather than be a guine pig for Kawa with their brand new motor in the Zx14.

Is there a Busa club in Perth ??

Cheers

Tim
Welcome Tim. There are a few Busa owners from WA on our site, but no separate Perth Busa club that I know of...

Yoshis (or any changes to standard pipes) probably mean that ecu will need re-mapping. I have Staintunes and love them, and they are a bit cheaper too.

Be careful what Suzuki charge you for rack, bag and centre stand, etc... Maybe able to get them at good price off guys in the club either new or used...

Maybe get together with some of the Perth guys and chat first...

You WON'T regret buying a Busa!
"riding, not posting... as much"
Hey Timj
While the new zx14 maybe the new weapon of destruction,
it's going to take a while before there will be a
wealth of knowledge available for customers ,
unlike the busa which has just about been done to death.
You can get the info anywhere
Ride it & see what you think & it's always been a love or hate it thing to look at
It's the type of bike you can do it all on
Some of us have or do own more than 1& love them
Screw the dealer a bit more & dont buy the exhaust cans off them, you can get a better deal if you shop around.
shane
U seem to be doing well getn the Yoshis for the ride-away price...3 dealers I spoke to indicated $18,490 ride-away for me no extras...I expect if I had cheque-book in hand we might've been talking 18k stock busa.
Timi if you want a 4 in 1 titanium system or bolt ons I have them,and cheaper than staintunes.... Cheers,
Kawasuki
Buy secondhand low km bike from any year, and use the money you save to mod with change to spare.Better yet, get a bike with some modded bits on it already. Buying new waste dollars - the bike has barely changed in 6 years, and you could get a practically new bike in terms of use for 12-14,000. There are '00 bikes out there with around 8-9000km on them and full service history (polished daily).
Kawasuki,
Where were these 4 into 1 titanium systems cheaper than Staintunes when I was looking for them.
The Staintunes were $300 cheaper than anything you could offer me last year.

I'm happy with the Staintunes - 2 cans are better than 1 on a busa I reckon.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Buy my bike and I will ship it to you free of charge that way you could be the envy of everyone in W.A I will also throw in the Bagster tank cover and bag for free

something to think about here is the link

My Bike For sale Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

ur bike looks hot bill,ive got a black grey 05 but it doesnt look as good as yours.
Very Nice bike mate

Unfortunatly the war dept. will only let me spend this kind of money on a NEW bike. Plus every other bike I have ever owned was 2nd hand

The bike is a 40th pressie from the missus and kids, well they say it is but guess who will end up paying for it I think it's more a case of having 'permission' to buy myself a new bike after all the years of hand-me-downs lol.

Was in the shop today and got some extra's thrown in so I'm going in on Saturday to sign the paperwork

There better still be a red & Black Busa left in the warehouse or someone will pay

Cheers
A few of us up here in sunny Queensland got New Bikes for 17k or less, should be able to get similar deals down south.

I like the single system my self, I originally bought it for the weight saving but I like the look now too. Of course this is down to personal preference, as there are some like Busgo who loves the twin and particularly the Staintunes and me who would prefer a sidewinder if I could run it on the street.

Happy Hunting

Shayne

Is it just the picture or do you have very limited right turn potential?

Looks wicked tho. Man nice bike

BTW in my opinion in doesn't make real sence to buy new but there is nothing like riding down the road on a brand new ride. Shane
Jimboomba QLD
How does this sound?

2006 Busa Red & Black (brand spanking)
Pair of Yoshi's
Double bubble screen
Centre stand
Stamp duty and 12 months Rego

$18620 ride it away.

All I will need then is to get a rack and heli raisers. Thats what the deal is. Will have her by next weekend

I intend on keeping her for at least 2 years, I know some say it's crazy to buy new as you lose dollars immediatly, my answer is well and good if I was going to sell it a month or two after buying

I know I have made the right decision, for me that is. Now all I have to do is find a victim, erm buyer for my ZZR11 hehehe... Will have to look at a TRE now I guess, maybe one of the ones with the gear indicator option maybe the go.

Cheers all and thatnks for the helpful advice, great site and all yada yada
Tomorrow (Monday0 after work i go pick up my new K6 Hayabusa, Red/Black model with centre stand fitter, Yoshi stainless ovals, rack & bag with 12 months rego oh and double bubble screen

I have waited so long for this.

Now, any GOOD advicce on run in procedure with a new busa ?? Change oil at 300km will be done then the 1000k service...

I CANNOT SLEEP, have taken 3 sleeping tablets

I'm EXCITED
Onya Tim.
Welcome to the Red/black club.
Please, ride slow for a while, huh?
These bikes are deceptively fast. Would like to have you enjoying it for many years to come....