Re-maping
Nice result.
I'm not racing you - Speedsalot may be an understatement with those numbers
Col is the man
Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
Well you can have Bad experiences TOO!!!!

He is Not all that good in my opinion!!!!!!!!!

Just my 10 cents worth or it could have been 5000 dollars worth!!!!! or more Who Knows !!!!!

My Experience with Col

I actually rode the Bike to 10/10ths

HE Misdiagnosed problem (Cam Chain)

Claimed it had jumped 2 teeth.... Fact: It had NOT

Claimed it had valve damage ..... Fact: It had NOT

Claimed it had no oil ....... Fact: Wrong Again!!??

His solution PULL ENGINE OUT?? ( He says he doesnt have XRAY Vision)
No time limit given (He says he is very Busy and it would have been weeks and weeks)
Would not even give me a Quote ( not even a rough ballpark figure)............. WHAT THE????!!!

Just wanted to pull the bike apart!!!! and he would see then what he would charge me????

Numerous discussions and phonecalls were made as this did not seem like sensible business practices

Decision Transport Bike to My Mechanics

Then Col charged me $220 for pulling side fairings and a few bits off the bike!!!!

I had to pay for a transport guy to take the bike to My Mechanic after I was told some truths about the claimed faults

All Claims about the bike were proven wrong!!!!

I only wanted to go to Col because he was getting "Wraps" like the above Posts and he was supposed to be the GURU of Busas.

I would not trust the guy as far as I could throw him!!!!!!

( Cost of repairing bike with full service and extensive testing of everything and replacing camchain and adding some more bling and welding clutch properly at Motorcycle Weaponry at mona vale was the grand total of 900 dollars in which they spent alot of time and effort getting the bike perfect........ I was expecting 1000sssss THANKYOU... Steve, Arthur and Eric)

By the way, as you have all seen the bike is running, Better than it ever has!!!!

I know alot of you love Col and it is your choice to go to him!!

It is also my Right to post, about something, that I feel strongly.... I am sure, I was not his first and wont be his last!!!! (Be Advised)

You can choose to stay with him!!!!

You guys have got to expect... I will post here!!!!! NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!Edited by: andycool  at: 28/10/06 5:34
Andy no body if perfect I work on the spanners myself and can tell you that no body can get it right every time.

You should try and look at it from a mechanics point of view, I did not hear your bike running but if it were as bad as you made it sound a good mechanic would have told you the worst-case scenario based on his own personal experience to prepare you. My own experience is that a customer gets very shitty when you underestimate a repair.

Do you think he would have done all that work you mentioned once he opened it up to reveal only a very bad cam chain and guides? Also do you think he is so stupid that he thinks you rode the bike to him with NO oil in it? Before I changed my mind about him I would have liked to hear your conversations first hand.

But you are of coarse entitled to your opinions and are correct to mention them here.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!
PERFECT?????

Actually it would have been great to have some sort of Estimate!!!!!

No!!!!!!, I work with tools too and I, dont think, not quoting a rough price or time is acceptable I wasnt given any scenario!!!!

Secondly to misdiagnose numerous problems is not that great either for such a WIZ!!!!

It only affected my pocket, certainly not cols!!!

enough said!!!!!!!!

Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!Edited by: andycool  at: 28/10/06 18:47
As a service technician who charges alot with alot of overheads you always try and prepare the customer for the worst and work back from there.I don,t doubt he is a good mechanic and have been there over the years to suss him out.I,ve heard good and bad about how he handles customers and assumptions on work needed with a bill accordingly.So basically I,d use him provided i was made very clear what i was up for.Most guys that use him need tuning or minor mods which he knows well and can sell an accurate price for with a fast turnover.When it comes to repairs of an unknown nature or internal engine work you have a far more nervous customer to deal with.The prospect of not having your bike for an unspecified amount of time with an unspecified amount to fix it isn,t instilling trust in the mind of the customer.I,ve never heard a bad word about the quality of his work,all the complaints have been about budget blowouts and big delays on repair times.So apples to apples guys, tuning work no worries,repairs or engine mods know where you stand.
Some people get very big heads in the bike industry, i know of a Kawasaki team that had engines there for 12 mnths and nothing was done,know another dude who had a engine there to done and it was told by the customer what he wanted and Col decided without informing him of that he had done more and the bill was a lot more , i would have told him to f*** off. I know he has a friendly dyno as i have had my ZZR1100 there.long story but it gave shit loads more hp (when I know it was running shithouse) than it should have, anyway I personaly wouldnt go there again. Cheers,
Kawasuki
Ah, the usual predictable trifecta!
I went for my first long ride after the remaping today and I am stunned by how much better the bike runs, it feels like a differant bike all together.

To be sure I will be going back to Cole when it's time for a re-tune, as for any other work it may need in the future well who knows.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!
Well let me put it this way Pan ,he is not my mechanic god,,. Cheers,
Kawasuki
LOL, well for a simple re-maping of a standard computer would i have any problems with him....

Cheers:

Nick....
Go, make up your own mind.
Do it Nick you wont be sorry. He will probably ask to do the gear sensor mod as well ,I recomend it if you dont already have a TRE.

Nick

You won't have any problems with a re-map from Col.