Wave discs... other discs... best stopping
OK, just splitting this topic out of another.... <i>Edited by: demeester&nbsp; at: 7/4/04 12:11
</i>
Galfer-Wave and No better

Just for looks <i></i>
Do the wave rotors actually do anything to improve immediate braking?

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
they dont warp... but dont help braking. (i think ) <i></i>
p84? I've got him on p38. WTFWT?

I think they help heat dissipation and try to look trick. As for increasing breaking power, how does a rotor do that? I always thought it was the calipers, pads, brake line etc. that did that bit. -385-
XOCET<i></i>
If the discs / pads are a bad combination, this can reduce ability to brake - i.e. disc composition and/or state can be a factor, as well as (obviously) pads and the other things you mentioned... <i></i>
While there is a place in aus that can laser cut your original disks.I have been told that wave disks are illegal and like aftermarket muffs the police can defect the motorcycle with the appropriate fines.I looked into this subject sometime ago and this is what i was told by the RTA and from some brake disk manufactures in aust.
But like everything get a second opinion just to be safe.
safe riding.
GREG <i></i>
Checked out the web site then contacted em, as you said they are the ones at $398ea......faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkk. <i></i>
If wave discs are illegal,then why can kawasaki put them on there new ZX10RR thing????? <i></i>
Probably because if a ducati was painted red and stamped "APPROVED" when it come to this country it would be legal. <i></i>
Theyre not illegal... heaps of trail bikes have been released with them for ages.
<i></i>
Maybe I am not explaining myself properly.wave disks for the H.A.Y.A.B.U.S.A...this is what the topic is about.
GREG> <i></i>
Well i reckon if you want to stop the beast dam quick,put on a set of brembos and be done with it,works well on a duke! Its just the $$$$$ thing thats the killer.D"> <i></i>
Talk to Ron at Balls tuning. He has them on his Busa (and on his 1000 too I think). He claims they do improve braking...not sure how though. I'm thinking maybe they cool down quicker. <i></i>
How does he justify that claim? Give me the facts and data to support this. <i></i>