Ti Force results
Apart from getting totally frustrated by these stupid bloody computers...
I said I'd publish results and I will as soon as I can successfully scan and post onto Photobucket!Meanwhile...
I had the Bus dynoed last year. No corrections etc and it registered 158HP. Have to take that with a grain of salt though and really should be ignored for this comparison.
I was booked in to get the Ti Force exhaust change done on the same dyno, and then tuned by the PCIII. However, when I rang to confirm the booking I found he'd taken holidays!!! Bummer.
So via the Powercommander site got onto a different dyno in Perth at Holmes Motorcycles. Cost a bit more but the guys really seemed on top of the game and they did the job. It's a Harley shop, so I had visions of going back and finding the rear wheel poking out of the skip, but no problems. In fact they do a heap of Jap bikes for racing. And they had a Nitro harley being unpacked......
So the first run there can't be compared to the original, and in fact they said they typically get 10Hp less than the guy I had used.
Results show that.
Without the PCIII it returned a peak of 150.58HP and 89.68ft-lb
After using a tank full and extracting $344 they got and almost duplicate curve peaking at 160.32Hp and 96.24 ft-lb.
I'm pretty happy with that.
Then onto the precious air fuel ratio.
Hard to convey that without a graph, but at idle was 12 is now 13.8. But the big difference occurs throughout the rev range. Unmapped, and therefore not too much of a surprise, the exhaust alone (Pair removed) tended to around 14:1 through the major part of the rev range. Mmmmh.
After mapping, they have a nearly flat line at 13:1 from (I'm gusseing) around 4000 to limiter. Under that it ranges between 12.5 and 14.
Once I get it scanned, I'l post it.
The bike feels good, but then again, it felt bloody good anyway!
The test comes in August (1st Track day of the season) and September (Quit Motoplex).
But, without getting into analysis paralysis, the zorst pipes return about 10HP right across the range fro around 3000 upwards. Not bad. <i></i>
Ian, are you saying that the bike unmapped and not knowing what the A/F was before the bike returned 150hp and with the addition on a PC3 and the tiforce and then "mapped" gave an additional 10hp?

The tiForce systems are nice pieces of kit..did you go for the high or low mount can?

good luck at the track <i>Edited by: Gazza414 at: 18/7/06 10:24 pm
</i>
Not bad Bear, u will have another 4hp with the weight saving on fitting the TiForce system. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Feels great, sounds great, now for a sub 10s run eh? <i></i>
Go getum Bear. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
I'll be there for the first motorplex street meet bear it would be cool to run side by side 9's.

Good result on the pipes. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
No.
Last year was an almost dead stock bike, but done on a different dyno. No correction, and returned a peak of 158HP.
But these guys, even before doing the bike, said their system typically records 10Hp less (this was a dynojet machine). So their 150HP is roughly equivalent to the original 158Hp.
The diffence is that the 150 HP is with the Ti Force bolted on. I guess that means that there's not really much to be gained in terms of HP just with the exhaust.
The PCIII was on, but no map installed. Then they did the tuning and got a 10Hp gain and a nice heap of torque.
The biggest surprise was the A/F ratio. I don't know what they are like standard in terms of the ratio, but I'd expect them to be on the conservative side, maybe around 13.5???
Just bolting on the xhaust gave bugger all in terms of HP really, but it returned a much leaner mix. I suppose that's not too surprising really.
But the guys seem to have got a pretty good mix over the range. I'd like some feedback from the egg spurts though on the ratio. Is it rich enough??
Funny too, the pipes have changed colour all the way back to the muffler now. I wonder what caused that? <i></i>
Blackzook, are you heading over to WA? <i></i>
Yes mate I head out on the 8th of August. I'll be working at Muja in Collie till xmas. I'll be draging the busa and my trailie over behind the ute so if you WA guys have any rides planned let me know.
Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Mate I lived in Collie for 17yrs and just nearby is the owner of the 1st or 2nd Busa into the state! (Coper/Silver...ahhhhhhh...bliss)
Worked at Muja for a year or two as well, and all I can say is..."you poor bastard!" Muja is around 15km out of Collie.
It's a shit hole and in Collie of an evening, you get entertained by the women fighting!
It's a good 200Km south of Perth so not an easy trip for a Wednesday evening to Motoplex.
I'm in Perth now, so there's always space around if you head up for a weekend and want to drag.
Ping me on efreo@gmail.com and I can set you up with contacts and such while in WA.
Oh, Bunbury is only 50km away and there you will find Pattersons the Ducati guy. You'll see his bikes scattered throughout magazines and of course in perth we have Vee Two as well. Worth a visit.
Cheers <i></i>
Some graphs

<i></i>
Bear did you do the small airbox mod?Faster showed a 4hp gain from it.At the end of the day its measureable gains at the track not dyno numbers.I really noticed the flickability from the weight loss and the front forks redone.The colour the mid pipe goes is awesome. <i></i>
To tell the truth, I'm really reluctant to do mods I can't reverese. Being one of the first and a copper/silver (wank, wank, wank) I'd like to be able to retrun to standard at some point. The air box would mean I'd need to get another spare somewhere. Since I've spent a shit load on something that was never going to be modified....
I've got a few more things I'd like to do, and the airbox is one, but it needs a paint, and a few fittings are a bit daggy, so maybe if I ring it's neck as it is, and then if I want the extra, out with the dremmel.
I guess that mod is good down low, but can it do much for drag racing? I'm trying to launch with quite a few thou on the clock anyway. You say 4HP, but is the mod effective right across the range? <i></i>
Faster had a dyno printout somewhere it showed gains from 7 up i think.Getting a spare air box is no big deal anyway and its only visible if you pull the aircleaner.I radiused every edge and fitted my own ram air seals as well.Below is a photo of my mid pipe after it was dynoed.

Nice Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Mine looks the same, cooked!
Actually, the bike looks pretty similar to mine now, I stuck on some rear sets a month ago. Looking forward to a track day with them.
What's the bronze alloy bits at the end of the swing arm for?
You've nearly convinced me on the air box, but if it's worth 7HP, that really another dyno tune or do I just tweak the chart up by 5%?
Airbox mod $1:50, dyno $344! .... <i></i>