I know fuel pumps have been covered extensively but....
Um, when you printscreen it saves the image to the clipboard then you can paste that image into another office document like a word doc. I think....
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Its already a word document but it will not past the images...and pressing print screen on my laptop does nothing.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Sorry Steve, you then open paint and paste...

That creates a n image. Save that image as JPEG and you can attach to post
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
So, I've pulled the pump out by following the first few steps of the mod on hayabusa.org and here's what I found...

Top photo obviously shows the "tea bag" pre-filter holding the larger chunks and the bottom photo shows the results of the first 4 back-flushes using brake cleaner.

As previously stated, I'm happy to wear the cost of a new replacement but for now, I'll put this back together and see how it goes.

I have other photos of the process if you want them on here....

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF4075.jpg (Size: 40.99 KB / Downloads: 116)
.jpg   DSCF4091.jpg (Size: 47.91 KB / Downloads: 114)
(17-06-2015, 01:34pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: I just got a price from my local dealer for the in tank filter for the Gen 2.
$340 inc gst......

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch my wallet!!!!!
Kick a man in the balls and it hurts for minutes (a good kick hours lol) kick a man in the wallet and it can hurt for months
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Right I will try that Tony...I will also take a few shots of the alternator cover, bar weights and decibel killers I have recently painted red....the cover due to my wkr of a bro inlaw dropping it as mentioned re a new front guard. I have used heat paint that engines are painted with but our oven doesnt get up to the 1200 degree's needed to bake it on.

I also didnt know the alternator coils were attached to the cover....so baking is probably not an option unless I remove those and the associated harness.

I did get the guard welded....from the back so it didn't show and a couple of decals will cover the slight crack that still shows....any way here goes for the pump mod and images.

There is something stopping the file from moving to paint. I copy the whole thing but just one page get taken across. I tried doing a drag and drop and I get a message about a sharing violation...bloody computers piss me off no end....gonna go and drink beer.
Third attempt...and it still doesnt work...i cant be f'kd trying any more... bloody computers make be puke...I farted around most of today fitting the alternator cover back on and I had to almost remove the whole bleeding fairing...suzuki ought to have their arse kicked for such a crap system and if my hands had been round that tosser of a bro in laws throat I would have been facing murder charges tonight. Sorry guys but the new Moto Guzzi Audace's or Eldorado's are looking more and more desirable every day
Guzzi's don't have in-laws?
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

They dont have fairings held on with the most diabolical fastener system. The gen 1 I had was much easier to work on regarding the fairing removal and installation. Suzuki have a lot to answer for in that respect...maybe the new Busa will have fairings that take 1 minute to remove and have only two bolts?
Ahhhh, the Gen 2 fairings.......aren't they something to behold.....
Have a read of my post about when I serviced my bike for the first time.....
Suzuki definitely sent this one to the "How do we really f*** people around" department didn't they....
(22-06-2015, 06:10pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Ahhhh, the Gen 2 fairings.......aren't they something to behold.....
Suzuki definitely sent this one to the "How do we really f*** people around" department didn't they....

So they were designed by Joe Hockey?
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
(22-06-2015, 06:20pm)shorty Wrote:
(22-06-2015, 06:10pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Ahhhh, the Gen 2 fairings.......aren't they something to behold.....

So they were designed by Joe Hockey?

Joe Hockey hasn't got the intestinal fortitude to stick to something long enough to design this atrocity.
I cannot understand the thinking with those stupid clips that break if you look at them...its not like you go out to a dealer and buy some more of them is it? The whole thing is a disaster that got worse with the Gen two...They seem to have had a massive brain fart when designing the fixing system...maybe its Fukushima rotting their little yellow brains
Takes me less then 10 minutes to get the two side panels off and about 15-20 minutes to put back on. The main problem I have is pushing the grommets into the air ducts. It makes it easier if you use silicon grease on all the grommets. It is actually quite a good design getting rid of a heap of screws. Just read the manual the first time removing the fairing. For an oil and filter change you only need to remove the RH side.