Suspension set up tips
Better ask ASTRO about that last suggestion.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Busgo do you know something we don't

Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au
<i></i>
Nope,
Everybody that knows ASTRO knows he drinks beer.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au
<i></i>
Oi ! I'll bloody have you know... (1) I don't drink beer (2) I smoke cigarettes (3) I know a few dopes, but I wouldn't smoke it (4) I told both sisters the other was better... I figured I should tell 'em the same stuff I told their mum so there wouldn't be any family rivalry. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i>Edited by: AstroBusa at: 16/9/06 1:18 pm
</i>
Hey 1HotBusa.... next time theres a spannering day I'll get you to have a crack at my settings. Until then, I'm going to start off with the ones pan wrote up and work from there.

pan - what did you weigh back then ? I'm about 78 kilo's and I reckon you're about the same or a bit less. I'm pretty sure my bike isn't on standard settings - previous owner was bigger than me and went 2-up most of the time. The rear is bloody hard - uncomfortable and not confidence inspiring, plus not much sag. Front seems ok, but a bit on the firmish side. Now that I'm getting used to the new girl, I'm starting to notice more 'stuff'. I'm also noticing how my (twice fractured) right wrist is not enjoying the weight distribution, so I might have to look at a riser plate at some point.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Quote:I'm about 78 kilo's and I reckon you're about the same or a bit less

Compliments will get you nowhere .

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
FYI.

www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_suspension_settings/index8.html

Found this on the web. I'm running the set-up for an '05 Bus. After test riding I went 1 click stiffer on the front and rear compression and 1 click softer on the front and rear rebound.

Busdriver

<i></i>
For what it's worth, I've got some numbers for one bike set up for drags, and one for road.
Road:
Front:Compression 2 complete turns plus a smidge (couldn't feel the clicks), Rebound 4 clicks.
Rear: Compression 2 clicks. rebound 6 clicks.
Drag:
Front: Compression 2 complete turns plus a smidge, rebound 1 click.
Rear: Compression 21 clicks (way past max setting ie virtually no compression damping at all), rebound 0 clicks (stiff as). <i></i>
hey bear i will be softening my rear suspension as that stiff as setting was due to swingarm extension previously on the bike giving more travel. bike is not squating enough on launching at the drags causing a spinning qtr mile hence loosing time. looking forward to trying the bike again at Pan's settings given my similar weight etc. Cheers Any other Drag Racer's choose to share there suspension set up? <i></i>
Have a good look at this place and take it all in...

www.brocksperformance.com/tech_suspension.htm

Cool ...so now you know how to set your Rocket up Regards Richard

“Racing is living, everything else is just waiting” <i></i>
Thanks Richard

Brock site is very good for busa's.

Interesting article in the latest Rapid. Crate to the 8's

Would be nice! <i></i>