Aerodynamics
After reading an aerodynamic comparison and explanation of hayabusa and zx12, it seems that the super long nose does not much. However the huge front wheel fender would do heaps. I think it is because it spreads out past the forks(apparently forks are an aerodynamic pain in the arse).

When you consider the technological developments over the last fifteen years, why have bikes come almost nowhere in a aerodynamic sense?

(drinking beer post)
I cant answer your question but I was of the understanding that the Hayabusa had the lowest drag coefficient of any production bike.
I may be mistaken but I will try to find the info.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Beer drinking reply....

Fairings were introduced not to create aerodynamics on the standard bike but for aesthetics... Bikes started to look sexier with them...

Now of course there are actual bikes that use ratings to aerodynamics but these are exceptions rather than he rule. As for the busa, it is both practical and sexy but only if you hug that tanks like a nervous virgin to a triple D prostitute.

Basic aerodynamics us curves to flow air an create vortexes where required, angular panels were designed by Italian super sport cars and USA for stealth vehicles... Neither really takes air flow seriously lol

Now that I have drank more beer lets talk physics and resistance coefficients LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The Honda CBX1000 Prolink with fairing was tested in a wind tunnel by Honda for aerodynamics. Read You think they would have came up with the Hayabusa shape back in 1980!Lol2
(02-03-2014, 05:24pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: I cant answer your question but I was of the understanding that the Hayabusa had the lowest drag coefficient of any production bike.

I recall reading the same somewhere and some time back. Only a total pisshead would have created the shape purely based based on design aesthetics!

Try sitting up on braking from 280 kmh+ some time - it gives a good indication of aerodynamic effect.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(02-03-2014, 11:01pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 05:24pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: I cant answer your question but I was of the understanding that the Hayabusa had the lowest drag coefficient of any production bike.

I recall reading the same somewhere and some time back. Only a total pisshead would have created the shape purely based based on design aesthetics!

Try sitting up on braking from 280 kmh+ some time - it gives a good indication of aerodynamic effect.

I have read the same somewhere,
I also read that part of the design brief was for the rider to fit inside the aerodynanic bubble so to speak, again in an effort to reduce the drag coefficient.

I don't have a wind tunnel, but I do know this. In the rain, at highway speed or better the Busa is the dryest bike I have ever ridden. Once at speed a large percentage of the rain is simply cast over and around the riding position.
My water tunnel theory if you likeVery Happy
Rain .. Scary

I'm not taking mine out in the rain .. I just shampoo'd the dipstick Coolsmiley
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_...ewall.html
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
(03-03-2014, 09:28am)DjPete Wrote: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_...ewall.html

Interesting read there Pete!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(03-03-2014, 09:28am)DjPete Wrote: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_...ewall.html
+1 for the interesting read..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

G'day
As I understood it, the ultimate top speed is determined by the cross-sectional area of the car/bike/whatever, so you need sufficient power to push or drag that area through the air. The rate at which you achieve speed is determined by the power (of course) combined with the aerodynamic efficiency...and I'll bet Maj has some interesting input on the topic...
Regards
kevin
as the article Pete found states....
Quote:to double your speed, you need eight times as much power to overcome aerodynamic drag.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_...z2ur9qbc7c

or more interestingly for me....
Quote:Roughly 90 percent of an engine's power is used to overcome aerodynamic drag at high speeds, while the remaining 10 percent works against rolling resistance.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_...z2urA8lajt
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

It's not so much the front as the back that determines drag. Less turbulence as the air streams combine behind the bike reduces drag. Long smooth tails. The front has far less effect!
(03-03-2014, 10:22pm)bear Wrote: It's not so much the front as the back that determines drag. Less turbulence as the air streams combine behind the bike reduces drag. Long smooth tails. The front has far less effect!

I gotta long smooth tail..... Oh, you mean the bike??? lolRoll