Which is your tyre choice?
In light of the greater selection now available, and the passing of time (and therefore greater opportunity to try out different tyres)....

If you have used 2 or more different types of tyres, which is your choice?Bridgestone BT56Dunlop D207Pirellie EVOMichelin XHPOther (specify)Show results <i></i>
Richard,
My last two changes were on Metzeler Z4's. They wear well and hang on in both wet and dry. The original Bridgestones wore the centre early leaving heaps on the edges. A result I guess of too many freeway miles. I got 9k off the last one.
Frost' <i></i>
despite all comments i've read, and the fact that i haven't personally tested the full range, i reckon the Dunlop D207 would be hard to beat for its sheer 'hanging on' ability wet or dry.... <i></i>
man,

i cant beleive everyone swears by the 207's?

they are absolutly pathetic tyres. i was sliding out everywhere, they wore out at a stupid rate aswell.

the bt56 was 200% better tyre.

JEs
<i></i>
G'day,

Tried the Bridgestones and liked the originals. Used a 207 for the GP at PI and did not like the wear rate but it did hang on.

Have just put on a new BT56 010 on the front and gone for a 020 on the rear. I figure if the 020 can handle the GSX 1400 in the wet and dry it can handle the BUs at my level of riding.

Have a safe and fun 2002 everyone.

Poh! <i></i>
I have oned a 2000 Busa for 10 months now and travelled 21000 klm mainly up and down the highway for work ,as it is my main mode of transport.
The original rear tyre was replaced at 15000 klm with another BT 56, I have used these tyres on my 1200 Daytona before the Busa and the overall feel wet or dry I consider excellant, I tried Dunlops on the Triumph but I didn' like the feel and less milage.

Regards
Mick <i></i>
how do you lucky bastards get any more than 5000 km out of a rear tyre i am a pussy cat on my busa (maybe the odd 200+run) but 5000 is about my max? i dont do wheelies(never learnt how) or stoppies(although i suppose that might make the rear last longer) and i can get passed by a 250 going up the mountain so come on tell me how do you do it? <i></i>
Commuting...

\____/ <--- Profile of tyre. <i></i>
Iv'e had at least 5 Bridgstone BT 56Js and 1 Dunlop 207 on the Busa rear end. (The 1999 model) The Bridgestones suited my country commuting okay. The 207 was crap.
The OEM Bridgestone fitted to the rear my new 2002 model is pretty ordinary. Too much wheel spin out of corners on a slight lean.
I'm going to try the Michelin HPX Pilot next. Are they any good? Does anyone know how many Klms can be expected out of a rear compared to the Bridgestone. I used to get 8000 klms out of the old ones. (Canvas) Country commuting. (Fast)
It's probably an impossible question, but I'm sure there is someone out there who does this kind of riding?
Regards Phil. (MFJ) <i></i>
Jamie? <i></i>
Hey all, great weather for riding in Victoria isn't it?? .....................NOT !!!!!! Was riding a friends new R6 to his new house for him the other day and it friggin HAILED. Loved it, especially since he had a new Michillen Pilot rear tyre.....sidewards action is so much fun....NOT !!

Anyway, time for new rear tyre. Need to sort out all the tyre topics I've read.
1) - Is the Michillen HPX Pilot tyre 'J' rated and made for the Busa? And has anyone had any problems with it - I've heard its real slippery until really warmed up?
2) - Does the new Dunlop 208 shit all over the 207 in wear and handling?
3) - I've read they don't make the BT56R anymore - replaced by the BT010. Is this true cause I liked the BT56R??
4) - What's the difference between the BT010 and the BT020 ??

I've still got the original Bridgestone front tyre on - will be mixing it with whatever I put on the rear. After reading those topics I'm leaning to the HPX Pilot for the rear. What is every ones answers to those questions?

Cheeers, Peter <i></i>
Aerocat4
hope you found a tyre to put on the rear of your Busa i am currently using a mich. pilot on my busa and i do a lot of km's
this was purchased on my last trip to melbourne from RON AT BALLS HIGH PERFORMANCE TUNING 9 WESTERN AVENUE SUNSHINE (03) 9364 8993 He has a great selection of tyres avail. for the busa and is allways out riding and trying different compounds and brands for wear and grip factor so pop in and see him for a tyre and he will discuss your tyre needs with you what you most use bike for and point you in the right direction. <i></i>
I just put on a HPX on the rear and it seems good. I was touching the pegs up reefton spur on saturday, so thats good enough grip for me. glad to see those little arrows on the side worn away. As for wear, we'll have to see since no one seems to post there km much.
BluViper, you must be doing something! I got over 6000k's out of my rear boot, and i wasnt too easy on it.
I used to get 18000km out of a rear on my kawasaki, so my 6000 is a bit scary.
Remember: Tyre wear is directly related to your right hand.
<i></i>
Thanx for response guys. You both say you've fitted Michellin Pilot HPX tyres, but aren't they more slippery in the wet, or even on a slightly damp road ?? Just afraid cause trying to keep my paint work from having words with the Gravel !!
<i></i>
Have done a couple of thousand k's on the pilots and have got no complaints...grip in dry is good and have done a couple of hard rides in the wet. They slide (what tyre doesn't?) but you can confidently push them...
The pirelli dragons would have to be the worst tyre in the world for wet performance. They spin up absolutely everywhere... disgraceful is one word, fun is another... depends upon perspective.

thebigshow <i></i>