Changing gearing
Hi all,

I've decided to change my gearing from stock to -1 front, +2 back. I'm an acceleration junkie Drool and just can't get enough. Stroker builds, nitrous and turbos are not an option ..... at the moment Very Happy

Thoughts on my idea or suggested gearing (perhaps just +2 or +3 at the back) appreciated.

Thanks.
I've only gone -1 up front and the difference is very noticeable on my gen2...... Luv it
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Mines got +2, quick action throttle and the limiters removed which I find to be a good balance.
Adding a -1 to the mix I think would change it from being rideable to a twitchy bitch that takes too much attention to control on the street.
(12-02-2013, 07:31pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Mines got +2, quick action throttle and the limiters removed which I find to be a good balance.
Adding a -1 to the mix I think would change it from being rideable to a twitchy bitch that takes too much attention to control on the street.

Can you still keep the front down when getting hard on the throttle or is that just a distant memory ? I don't mind either way, just want to know what I'm in for.
Gen 1, I've gone up 3 at the back. Just gives a little more low down go, will lift in 2nd easily, but not unless you want it to. Still no probs touring and not really noticeable in the upper 3 gears.

Gen1 has 40 tooth rear. Gen2 has 43 tooth rear stock.

BTW. Welcome surprised no-one has mentioned it yet, but I'm assuming you DO KNOW that only our gay members ride white bikes?? Roll
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Don't forget that larger rear will shorten your wheelbase if you keep the chain the same, hence more likely to lift the front wheel anyway...

Personally, I'd change rear up 2 or 3, and don't touch the front for now... only if it's not enough after a while.
(12-02-2013, 08:07pm)Ward P Wrote: Gen 1, I've gone up 3 at the back. Just gives a little more low down go, will lift in 2nd easily, but not unless you want it to. Still no probs touring and not really noticeable in the upper 3 gears.

Gen1 has 40 tooth rear. Gen2 has 43 tooth rear stock.

BTW. Welcome surprised no-one has mentioned it yet, but I'm assuming you DO KNOW that only our gay members ride white bikes?? Roll

Up 3 at the back, sounds interesting. Thanks for the welcome. As for gay members riding white bikes, I didn't know that, so I guess I have some explaining to do to the missus. It might explain to her my going out with the guys "for a ride" and me looking at buying leathers. Lol3
Don't listen to em mate, the white bikes are the quicker ones so they get all upset when another member joins with good taste.

Ryan
(12-02-2013, 07:56pm)Huffy Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 07:31pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Mines got +2, quick action throttle and the limiters removed which I find to be a good balance.

Can you still keep the front down when getting hard on the throttle or is that just a distant memory ? I don't mind either way, just want to know what I'm in for.

Bit hard for me to say exactly what you'll expect (reason below). It will obviously lift a hell of a lot easier putting the power down faster.

My Busa is actually very easy to control the amount of lift, or keep planted under a wide open throttle. Reason being my mods - Sato Rearsets set to 1" up and 1" back, I can push my weight forward easier and keep it down (not in 1st though), Forged Alloy wheels, 55 rear and 1" raising links. The combined mods put the geometry of my Busa and the balance of weight a little more forward over stock making it very predictable to handle.
(12-02-2013, 08:46pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 07:56pm)Huffy Wrote:

Bit hard for me to say exactly what you'll expect (reason below). It will obviously lift a hell of a lot easier putting the power down faster.

My Busa is actually very easy to control the amount of lift, or keep planted under a wide open throttle. Reason being my mods - Sato Rearsets set to 1" up and 1" back, I can push my weight forward easier and keep it down (not in 1st though), Forged Alloy wheels, 55 rear and 1" raising links. The combined mods put the geometry of my Busa and the balance of weight a little more forward over stock making it very predictable to handle.

Thanks for the advice. I might just try putting the +2 rear for starters and seeing how I like it from there. It's always easy to change the front later. Also, thoughts about using an aluminium sprocket as opposed to a steel one ?
A lot of people, me included, are going with 55 profile rear tyres instead of the standard 50. I suppose this would also make a slight negative difference to the gearing.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
2 up on the rear is a pretty good drag ratio,for a 105 kilo person.on long trips i reckon its to much.lots of gear changers.depends what riding you are doing.im going back to 1 up on the rear should be good all round.dont forget speedo healerBoobies4
I weigh 115 - 118 kilos (depending on if I have stopped off at my favourite kebab shop and gorged on everything in sight).

I don't get the chance to go on really long trips and i'm really just after quicker acceleration (i know it's already quick, but i just want more Idiot2)

I think i will try +2 back for starters and see how that feels. The Speedohealer has already been ordered.

Has anyone done +3 rear ?

Thanks for all advice and opinions given.
Hey huffy, going +2 on mine seemed to make the speedo almost spot on accurate. The 55 rear obviously affected it too,
but when you fit the healer let me know how far out yours was. Curious about the comparison.
Aren't suzuki's speedos legally allowed to be +/- 10%?