Gettin old
I had to make a concession to getting old this week. My wrists and elbows are starting to give me some stick on the Busa now, arthur ritis has decided to live with me... so I fitted a set of 1" bar risers, huge difference and so much more comfortable. It'll be a bloody sheepskin seat next to cosset me roids
Yeah, Father Time does tend to catch up with all of us, sooner or later!

I was trimming some trees the other day, i finished the job and was picking up all the stuff off the ground. I must of bent over maybe no more than a dozen times......and I ended up straining BOTH hamstrings!!! (Prolly more of an out-of-shape unfit thing, more than an old age thing....coz I am only 44 [but feel more like 64] atm!!
Am getting younger. I feel like am getting le:ft out.MMA,parkour, muay Thai fitness etc.am like a 20 yr old. Hanging out with young women.lol look 20:yrs younger too. Actually its an issue.I don't fit.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Yeah my head says I'm not aging, body tells me otherwise in the morning, its had a lot of wear and tear over the years
i ended up fitting a speigler top triple clamp and 2 inch risers plus flat drag to mine ,bc when stock the pain in my back and shoulder was emence
Why this thread? I was feeling pretty good until now!
My cowardly answer is a Yamaha FJR with Corbin/AirHawk seat, electric windscreen, highway pegs and gps for rides longer than a day, and the Busa for everything in between to make me feel good! Seems to work for me. Got a crook back (fronts ok though!) Nothing worse for me than getting off a long day on the Busa and crawling around like the Hunchback of Notre dame waiting for my back to straighten out! Not a good look and hard to reach up to the bar!
This how I solved my handle bar issues:

And I have a scooter for around town:

Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
You know your getting old when:

1) It takes you longer to put on the knee braces, arm braces and deep heat than you actually train for.
2) You assess how high the drop off the wall is before you jump.
3) Three days after training your still whinging bout the muscle soreness.
4) Before you do anything you assess how long you will be sore for.
5) You sit down just for a quick rest and wake up 2 days later.
6) You get the Mrs to hlod the ladder just in case...
7) You start bitchin about all the idiots on the road.
8) You comment on the weather alot.
9) You start sentences with "I rememebr when...."
10) You type out a long winded post and hope that what you wrote was relevant to the topic!
mate 5, 7, 8, 9, you nailed it perfect for me ,lol
Also old people watch the news a lot and read newspapers.!

(08-02-2013, 10:47pm)bazman Wrote: Yeah, Father Time does tend to catch up with all of us, sooner or later!

I was trimming some trees the other day, i finished the job and was picking up all the stuff off the ground. I must of bent over maybe no more than a dozen times......and I ended up straining BOTH hamstrings!!! (Prolly more of an out-of-shape unfit thing, more than an old age thing....coz I am only 44 [but feel more like 64] atm!!

It's not the years bazman it's the mileage we put ourselves through
(09-02-2013, 02:23pm)BusaJim Wrote: It's not the years bazman it's the mileage we put ourselves through

Yeah, you're right about that for sure, Jim.....how's things going down there for you, mate....all good I hope?

....and how's the red/black travelling? Undecided

Coolsmiley
Sorry but this isnt a whinge about getting old, its facing the fact that I am and dealing with ways to make it easier. I've totally enjoyed buggering myself up, wouldnt change a thing, and still do it on a regular basis when my wife isnt looking or lets me
I know an 83 yr old who has been riding since he was a kid and still does. Age is an attitude! Its what you do at your age and enjoy living life as you want.there are a lot of people out there afraid and living with regret. Some DREAM,SOME DO!