Transport tie down points
Picking up Gen 1 , how do we tie down front without damaging fairings. NSW to QLD.

Cheers Mungaman
(18-01-2013, 05:30am)mungaman Wrote: Picking up Gen 1 , how do we tie down front without damaging fairings. NSW to QLD.

Cheers Mungaman

Good question! Saw once a bracket that goes under the handlebars but put a lot off strain on the barsScary
(18-01-2013, 05:30am)mungaman Wrote: Picking up Gen 1 , how do we tie down front without damaging fairings. NSW to QLD.

Cheers Mungaman

Get your straps out wider on bars and use a piece of fome i toss a towl accross the tank and down the sides
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
can you get a front wheel chock and a rear wheel ratchet clamp
carefull what you put on the paint, if its flapping long distance it can wear a pattern , brought a bike from tassy once and they delivered it to near me , it was covered in one of those cheap blue servo tarps , permanant tarp thatch imprint left over the whole bike :(

i do most of my tieing from the brake caliper mount or lower fork leg, or inside the front fairing to the lower tripple tree , but the front wheel needs to be secure in some sort of clamp, chock or rail, and your mostly just holding it forward
(18-01-2013, 07:36am)ROD Wrote:

Cheers Mungaman

Get your straps out wider on bars and use a piece of fome i toss a towl accross the tank and down the sides

Thanks guys for tips leaving Brisbane tomorrow morning
Gimme a heads up when you're back and we'll go for a ride. I'm Southside :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
You could go over the lower triple tree like this...
[Image: ontrailer.jpg]

...or three anchor points like this (front is strapped to the stand)
[Image: Busatrackbikecarbon.jpg]
[Image: Busatrackbikecarbon1.jpg]
[Image: Busatrackbikecarbon3.jpg]

3.30am leave Brisbane arrive Gosford 2.30pm , load up copper Busa , having a drink then leave tomorrow morning back to Brisbane. Bike last rego 5 years ago 53000 kms on clock last three vin number 458 very good condition , someone from the group might owned it Happy with the buy worth the trip, Busa 04 might feel out of place ,it's going to a good home, have to share the love between the 2. But what to do in Gosford any good pubs around.
Thanks Pan and troops for the photos and tips, back in Brisbane bike rode ,well 1 x aldi front bike stand and 1 x aldi ramp , strap through swing arm ,pulled for forward , 1 strap wrap around swing arm pulled side ways to stop bike moving, then whats left over tied strap over seat to hold down. Bike didnt move at all. Will post photos once i know how.
You can also strap over the front axle inside the fork leg. I've never none it but have seen a few at Phillip island who do it.

I also have a trailermate, but would'nt trust it alone on the front end over bumpy roads. That's just me...