Who has had fuel pump issues in the past few months?
(05-11-2012, 03:24am)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Prevention is better than cure;
Just throw the ounce of fuel left in the water trap on the deck of the servo, after all, none of the jingly's working in ozzie servos do driveway service anymore, and clean their servo pump final filters by removing em alltogether so you all cop shite fuel.
Always carry one in ya backpack;

http://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-w...el-funnel/

....cheap insurance, & you won't have to wait over 5 years for it to work like Bob Carr's rip off NSW CTP Green Slip Insurance

You can get them in Oz at various outlets
http://www.proquip.com.au/ProductPages/F...unnel.html

just met with the oil co. engineer who told me that BMW have put in a complaint about the fuel leaving a significant build up of sediment prematurely clogging up the filters/pumps on newer model bikes.
Was buying some oil yesterday and was talking to a guy who said he knew lots of guys having fuel pump/filter trouble with Shell V Power. Reckons if you have to use Shell use Standard Unleaded only. We weren't talking about 'Busas specifically just bikes in general.
(23-11-2012, 08:24pm)Kendo Wrote: Was buying some oil yesterday and was talking to a guy who said he knew lots of guys having fuel pump/filter trouble with Shell V Power. Reckons if you have to use Shell use Standard Unleaded only. We weren't talking about 'Busas specifically just bikes in general.

shell / BP....depends where you are but.... same shop from what I've been learning.
vortex 98 is rubbish my busa will not run on it ,ive tryed e10 runs fine ,but like most i now use bp ultimate.only
(23-11-2012, 08:32pm)BikerBoy Wrote: shell / BP....depends where you are but.... same shop from what I've been learning.

Interesting, I have always assumed standard ULPs were shared to some degree but though flagship PULPs were proprietary products and not shared. Will be keen to see what else comes out of your research.
first tests came back from the lab and have shown large traces of copper particulate, copper sulphide and zinc particulate ......of which the engineer said "should not be found in retail petrol".
They are now going to cut my filter assembly open and test some more.
VERY, VERY Interesting!! attached is the analysis report back from my pick-up filter and fuel filter assembly. what they found...as they said...should not be there.

here's the full report attached and below a quick snap of the results.

EDIT: lab tests and reports now deleted.

(05-11-2012, 03:24am)GRUNTMAX Wrote: Prevention is better than cure;
Just throw the ounce of fuel left in the water trap on the deck of the servo, after all, none of the jingly's working in ozzie servos do driveway service anymore, and clean their servo pump final filters by removing em alltogether so you all cop shite fuel.
Always carry one in ya backpack;

http://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-w...el-funnel/

....cheap insurance, & you won't have to wait over 5 years for it to work like Bob Carr's rip off NSW CTP Green Slip Insurance

F@#K Gruntmax,

What a great idea.

My Busa has done over 71,000K's, no issues. I use 98 most times and 95 when I cant get it.

I have to look into getting one of these funnels......
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
just about to replace my fuel pump it started screaming at 36000kms i got a lowk genuine replacement from the states for $150.i put 52000kms on my first gen 2 with no dramas.dont no why my current bikes pump has shit it self so early.ive heard a few other guys haveing same problem as mine. todays fuel must be utter crap
Might as well add my experience. Though just relating to the '99 outside of tank fuel pump. Probably about 8-10 yrs ago my bike was missing when opening up. Opened up pump and lotsa black crud sediment. Was using mostly Shell fuel till then. I attributed the sediment to break down of fuel line rubbers, so changed them and overhauled the pump with new filters etc. Since then I have religiously only been using BP Ultimate and have never had a pump related issue ever since. I have no idea what it now looks like inside but have full confidence in BP Ult. for clean pump and injectors.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(15-12-2012, 12:35pm)Volvi Wrote: Might as well add my experience. Though just relating to the '99 outside of tank fuel pump. Probably about 8-10 yrs ago my bike was missing when opening up. Opened up pump and lotsa black crud sediment. Was using mostly Shell fuel till then. I attributed the sediment to break down of fuel line rubbers, so changed them and overhauled the pump with new filters etc. Since then I have religiously only been using BP Ultimate and have never had a pump related issue ever since. I have no idea what it now looks like inside but have full confidence in BP Ult. for clean pump and injectors.

I try to use bp 98 for my lawnmower and particularly my back/up genset which may remain idle for months.... but what I really need to know, from you Volvi, is my red/black 99, er close to the copper/model...:)

[/quote]

I try to use bp 98 for my lawnmower and particularly my back/up genset which may remain idle for months.... but what I really need to know, from you Volvi, is my red/black 99, er close to the copper/model...:)

[/quote]

depends on the eye of the beholder.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Im getting mine replaced after xmas as its no longer just screaming at me its effecting the bike too ;/
When I cleaned out the tank of the 1400 I used to have at 33k, it was filth in there, there was rusted metal bits in the tank, I reversed flushed the pump with acetone and it flowed back black crap, the filter was a mess and the bowl was full of sediment. After that it went real hard, which is what the dealer said in surprise after he test rode prior to me trading her in on a G2 busa. Time to do the Busa I think. Does any one rate the portable funnel filters here?