Honda cafe racer . . . one day!!
good work mate, i might be joining you soon got offered a cheap little project
(13-08-2012, 03:55pm)Heidi1 Wrote: What an absolute beauty. I think you've gone the right way with the rear seat and cowel. Is she staying silver?

Yes, I like the look of the silver with the alloy and the gold highlights. (for now anyway Coolsmiley )

Have managed to work the seat so it will be a 10 minute job (in the garage) to exchange from the single to original dual. Have modified the original mounting points so they now unbolt and will keep them with the dual seat, so wont interfere with the single seat.
Want to get rid of the airbox and put a bigger carby and pod filter on - but the airbox is a nightmare to remove, and I haven't the heart to cut it up to take it out. Will have to eventually bite the bullet, take off all rear section to get it all out.
Not sure what I will do with the side covers. lots of cafe projects go minimalist and lose them. These ones are metal, and I like the "Tourist Trophy" logo, so still undecided. But that's most of the fun!Pi_thumbsup
(13-08-2012, 04:46pm)De5nake Wrote: good work mate, i might be joining you soon got offered a cheap little project
they're great to go from something little to the 'busa and back. Only trouble with cheap projects I have found is they end up costing heaps Lol3
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I LOVE the side covers, I think it finishes the look. Loads of these little guys keep them. Besides, what are they covering up, wiring?
got the seat back today!

it looks brilliant! Trophy Malcolm, a local upholsterer in Tallangatta did it for me. Madly polishing the last bits before putting it all back together. Should have time on Saturday to finish it.
Sweet mate .luv it .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Be good to see it finished.
YES! Photos please.
very nice what year is it?

you might recall my Honda CBR Project but didnt need much to do in my project. Enjoy, look forward to rego of $50 for 45 days I think.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(08-09-2012, 09:34am)Volvi Wrote: very nice what year is it?

you might recall my Honda CBR Project but didnt need much to do in my project. Enjoy, look forward to rego of $50 for 45 days I think.

It's an '89, so I've got another year before I can put it on club plates. (my other honda is on club plates $60 - 45 days)
got it together, still lots to do, but pretty happy with it so far. . .

Looks great mate.All you need is a fonzie leather jacket and terrorize the townLol3
(08-09-2012, 03:00pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Looks great mate.All you need is a fonzie leather jacket and terrorize the townLol3
Tallangatta is stuck in the 50's you knowIdiot2
In fact, we have a 50's festival in October . . . I may just have to go looking for that jacketLol3
(08-09-2012, 05:41pm)Ward P Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 03:00pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Looks great mate.All you need is a fonzie leather jacket and terrorize the townLol3
Tallangatta is stuck in the 50's you knowIdiot2
In fact, we have a 50's festival in October . . . I may just have to go looking for that jacketLol3

You can still get them Ward , I've got a 64 yr old Mate who still wears one on his 74 Norton Commando ( Bought new Bike & Jacket ) , Thinks he's Elvis .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Looks mint!!! I deff wanna do this!
looking good there mate. will have to come out there one day and have a look..