fun in my day
A mate sent me this link, just trying to get me to come again.....

From memory i was #76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZ1yitndKg&context=C4281e0dADvjVQa1PpcFNIr65n3C1X6M2gYHnvvXqG3MmctAGm7Sg=

Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
Do it Mate , Gridiron is a bloody good game . Keep you fit to push that new beast around .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
It was fun....... not too many opportunities for a bloke my size to tackle other people and they don't try to sue me afterwards. I've played for about 10 years, started off in Bazmans teritory - Go Mustangs!!!!! Then moved to Melbs and founded a new club!!!!

Problem I have now is I moved again, and i'm too far away from a team.

I suppose Canberra isn't too far away, but I can't commit that much time ( training, games and referee) with three young kids, a wife who is getting over a fairly serious illness and me 10 weeks out from a broken leg.... Plus trying to start my own business to boot!!!!!

So for now i can watch the you tube clips whilst i sit around in my pads and helmet (yeah i bought my own). Very Happy
Idiot2
Heya Aaron....I've seen that team at the 'gong, they train just around the corner from me at the footy field next door to the TAFE college.....so THAT'S what they're called hey, the Mustangs!?!

Was very tempted to turn up and try out with them a few years back..........then I thought about my f*cked ankles; f*cked back; f*cked neck; etc; etc......after reality fully kicked in.....I decided to stay at home and masturbate to redtube instead!! (...why go out on a footy field to get beat up by others, when I can juz stay at home and beat myself [up]!?!) Lol3

Bloody great game, but Pi_thumbsup.....even though I don't fully understand all the rules (...way too used to R/League)!! Embarassed

Coolsmiley
Hey Mr Sensible.... Man after my own heart...
I played for about 10 years up here in Newcastle...till the team folded a few years ago...since then the uni has tried- and failed... but I am under the impression they have a team about to re-enter the comp. I'm off to training for the first time this Thursday... I don't think I'm too old...just hope my body agrees!

I can't remember the Blackhawks but do recall playing against the Seahawks!
Love the game! I trialled with the Arncliffe team years ago, but ended up playing Rugby League, soccer and cricket for them instead...
Great game, played many years ago and got selected for the Kookaburras Trophy (Australian National Team) in 1992. If you have never tried it, then give it a goYes.
So...how old is too old?
Has training last Thursday for the first time in years.
3 days on and I'm still struggling to lift my arms up and still finding bruises in places i didn't know had blood flow!

But...in saying that... it was soooo good putting on the pads and hitting someone again.
Think I broke about 5 of them tho!

Back off to training again this week.

Luckily i can still manage to climb on the bike!
I don't think you can ever be too old.... I played against a fella in Melbourne who was about 47 or so and he only had one leg!!!!

Mind you he was one of the hardest hitters I've ever come across.... fantastic at low, hard hits on the line - but once you got past him... well..... Pi_freak

Vitto mentioned a road trip to Canberra to watch a game sometime soon, so if anyone hears when the season starts up there, can they let me know????

cheers!!!!
Idiot2
Season starts sometime in August I believe and runs through nov/dec. I played as the Astros centre for a while there before moving.
Regards

Dan
The NSW draw has been announced.
It's a PDF so i won't put it all up here, but the season starts on Friday 24 August and goes till Christmas.

Here is the link if anyone wants it...
http://gridironnsw.org.au/wp-content/upl...er-1.1.pdf

Should really check it out if you get a chance... great game with some big hitting!
I started with the astros in act then went with the gladiators.. Woot Woot what a game i love it wish i was still playin...
road tripin for the football... hell yeah..