Hi all.

My name is ben. Live in Melbourne so if anyone is up for a ride PM me with enough notice to square things away with the war office.
New member, new bike.
Picked up my 1999 busa on Friday. See attached pic.
Already had a flashing FI issue. Other forums suggest it is a fuse issue so it looks like I am already joining the "Why do they have to hide EVERYTHING under the fairing" club.
Look forward to getting to know more about the busa from those with more experience than me.

"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Welcome to the bike and the club.

Whereabouts in Melb. are you located??

Cheers Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(03-10-2011, 03:44pm)PostmanPete Wrote: Welcome to the bike and the club.

Whereabouts in Melb. are you located??

Cheers Biker

Cheers.

Just up the road from the 'G'.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Welcome to the club mate! We are having a meet this Wednesday at two doors down in St Kilda if you would like to come along? There will be a cupple of other new faces also. 6:30 onwards. Great cheap steak night. Check out the Melbourne Wednesday latte thread in the riding not talking section. Would be great to meet you.
Hope you can make it.

Cheers, Beau.
(03-10-2011, 04:07pm)BJK1 Wrote: Welcome to the club mate! We are having a meet this Wednesday at two doors down in St Kilda if you would like to come along? There will be a cupple of other new faces also. 6:30 onwards. Great cheap steak night. Check out the Melbourne Wednesday latte thread in the riding not talking section. Would be great to meet you.
Hope you can make it.

Cheers, Beau.

Cheers Beau

I will have a crack at making it. I am assuming there will be plenty of parking for the two-wheelers.
Scary
(03-10-2011, 04:16pm)Buhjones Wrote:
(03-10-2011, 04:07pm)BJK1 Wrote: Welcome to the club mate! We are having a meet this Wednesday at two doors down in St Kilda if you would like to come along? There will be a cupple of other new faces also. 6:30 onwards. Great cheap steak night. Check out the Melbourne Wednesday latte thread in the riding not talking section. Would be great to meet you.
Hope you can make it.

Cheers, Beau.

Cheers Beau

I will have a crack at making it. I am assuming there will be plenty of parking for the two-wheelers.

Yeah mate. As you go up the road and the place is on your left, there's a driveway just befor it go up there and park on footpath just to the left of the place.

welcome buddy.

Axe
Hiya Ben!
Ey I nearly bought that bike from ringwood a couple of months back, it had shorty pipes though when I was looking at it.
Welcome aboard mate
(04-10-2011, 10:33am)De5nake Wrote: Ey I nearly bought that bike from ringwood a couple of months back, it had shorty pipes though when I was looking at it.

I'm glad you didn't.
I had been riding my Gsx750F for about 5 years and it was time to upsize. Had been lusting after a '99 since, well '99.
The cans came with. Didn't see the shorty's but apparently they sounded pretty sweet.
Scary
They sounded tuff when I took it for a test ride people were running out of shops to see what it was, tuff bike congratulations!
We will have to go for a cruise one day! I'm gunna try make it to the meet this Wednesday mite see u there!
Welcome MateWelcomePi_thumbsup
welcome aboard.