New ZX14R details on 10-10-11 ?
Lots of storys / rumours about the Busa-beater
but very little official info from Kawasaki untill now....

Will be interesting to see what the balance of
"Sports" and "tourer" is. We know the Busa is a cult bike
and a huge seller. Im sure Kawasaki would like a piece of that.

Info release date: 10-10-11
http://ninja14r.kawasaki.com/witness/#ultimate
(23-09-2011, 05:53am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Lots of storys / rumours about the Busa-beater
but very little official info from Kawasaki untill now....

Will be interesting to see what the balance of
"Sports" and "tourer" is. We know the Busa is a cult bike
and a huge seller. Im sure Kawasaki would like a piece of that.

Info release date: 10-10-11
http://ninja14r.kawasaki.com/witness/#ultimate

It's about time somebody brought something out new not just a restyle and paint job.

Maybe Kwaka is the one's to do it............let's hope so

Jim
I hear 1440cc?
Well I know and everyone else on here knows that Kwasaki have been trying since 99 to knock the Busa of it's perch and when it's all said and done kwasaki are going to have to come up with something rather special to pull people away from the Busa.

One would think that Suzuki have got something up there sleeve with the Busa as the potential of the bike probably hasn't even been touched so I reckon that you'll see Mr Suzuki sit back and see how successful the new Kwasaki is then hit back where it hurts and re-set the bench mark like they did all those years ago.

Now what have people been saying about that GenIII.........
Could it should it be a cross plane engine like the R1 ? for starters...
(23-09-2011, 02:49pm)Rev004 Wrote: Well I know and everyone else on here knows that Kwasaki have been trying since 99 to knock the Busa of it's perch and when it's all said and done kwasaki are going to have to come up with something rather special to pull people away from the Busa.

One would think that Suzuki have got something up there sleeve with the Busa as the potential of the bike probably hasn't even been touched so I reckon that you'll see Mr Suzuki sit back and see how successful the new Kwasaki is then hit back where it hurts and re-set the bench mark like they did all those years ago.

Now what have people been saying about that GenIII.........

+1
Well I'm curious what Kawasaki will release but I placed my busa order yesterday. All respect to kawasaki but I think very few of my mates would swap their busa's for one. On the other hand, competition is a great thing. And when Suzuki does the brakes and traction control on the busa I'll consider buying one for sure (waiting for delivery on my first one before that happens though).

I did hear from my dealer: "don't expect any changes except colour" on the 2012 busa... and the colours are supposed to be black and the other choice red. Expect the new (well different colour) model sometime November.

I decided not to wait and baby blue busa arrives on Oct 7. Just in time to run it in before leaving for the Motogp... oh joy!

TonyAAA

One twist of the wrist at a time...
Going by the clip it will be a 1441. 65mm Stroke x 84mm Bore. Cool!!
Shayne
Who cares what bloody kawasaki does?

The Busa rooooles!!!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(24-09-2011, 11:14pm)Madmax Wrote: Who cares what bloody kawasaki does?

The Busa rooooles!!!

And i say AMEN!!!!!!
2008 LE,4-1 Acrapovic,Flashed,Quickshifter,Swingarm Extension,Chromed Grips,Powerbronze Screen,etc...

YEEEEEE, HAYABUSA...WAY OF LIFE!
(24-09-2011, 11:14pm)Madmax Wrote: Who cares what bloody kawasaki does?

The Busa rooooles!!!

2nd this.

good work for kawasaki making a good bike even better i say , however imo the resale values on zx- series don't seem to be as good as suzuki and generally cost more upfront than the busa , the local suzuki dealer told me the other day 2013 busa's may seen some updates but nothing planned for 2012 except new color schemes.

All suzuki need to do is turbo the next generation of busa's ,add traction control and bingo instant cult classic status like it did way back in 1999 when it came out.

i can still clearly remember a conversation at dinner one night at a mates place back in 2000 , (i didnt know one bike from another back then, he was a road rider) and he was raving on about this suzuki (gsx1300r hayabusa) that at time was blowing peoples minds with its insane power, not many bikes around even now that have the same effect.
I owned a ZX14.

Nice bike. Not as good as the Bus in many ways, but a solid performer.

The new one will be interesting.
I'm excited, because it will raise the bar for everyone to follow. It can only be good for all of us. I hope the new ZX14 is incredible!

My bet is eventually I'll skip the Gen2 and go straight to a Gen3 - once they've had a couple of years to iron the bugs out of the new model. Read
In the meantime my stock Gen1 still feels awesome. - and is a keeper anyway.
But I can't wait till the launch to find out what all the fuss is about with the 14.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-09-2011, 07:29pm)Ward P Wrote: I'm excited, because it will raise the bar for everyone to follow. It can only be good for all of us. I hope the new ZX14 is incredible!

+1 Clap Bring it on, I say .. Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition.