Michelin Pilot Road 3 Info Please
(11-08-2011, 11:44am)Landmine Wrote: In this case I did not say I was going to use them on a Hayabusa only that they were rated for the bike I was going to fit them to.
(11-08-2011, 08:26am)Dale Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 12:12am)Landmine Wrote: I have imported bridgestone BT016 tyres to compare the same tyres and there is a difference, There are 2 numbers different. One is the DOT. Which from web search is the date of manufacture. The other number I have not been able to find meaning for is as follows 016 faz T0703 is the imported number and 016 fsz T1006 is the local tyre while tyre is rated for bike which I will fit it to there is this number difference. I assume compound but can not confirm, tyre pattern etc is identical.
For bridgestone bt016 front and rear tyre $325 US delivered I think it is worth it. Both tyres were manufactured in Japan
I would not import and fit tyres if they are not rated for the motorcycle this would certainly be noted if you have an accident and maybe the cause.
Even $450 from a local is not too bad no body is going to run a business for nothing for the bridgestone here in the west $600 + so I am happy to give it a go will fit myself. Delivery from RM ATV was 6 days from order to my front door. Also from tracking could see progress every step of the way. Really was quite impressed by service and delivery.

According to Rocky Mountain ATV website bt016 rear isn't rated for the busa either, so I'm even more confused now.
Actually NO rear tyre is rated for the busa from what i can see Idiot2.
Wtf are we supposed to put on our bikes then ???
I only ride slow .. honest .. so PR2 or PR3 should be ok.
Pilot Road 3 rears are still out of stock, so I am going to go for the PR2's.

Landmine, I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way mate. I wasn't doubting you in any way, just pointing out that according to the RM ATV site, none of these tyres are for the busa. Front yes .. Rear No. Pi_thumbsup
There may be only a slight difference in the compounds used due to average temperatures etc... but for the most part I would think they are the same as imports......190/50 is standard size for Gen 1. Lots of guys put 190/55 on the arse end for turn-in characteristics.
+1 for the 55. I've just put one on and it just wants to drop into turning compared to the 50. Love it!
(11-08-2011, 05:55pm)BJK1 Wrote: +1 for the 55. I've just put one on and it just wants to drop into turning compared to the 50. Love it!

Thanks for the info re: 50 vs 55 fellas. I ordered the 50 about 5mins ago ..

I don't think it will affect my riding style as I corner like a sheila anyway NerdEmbarassedNerd (No offence ladies .. you probably all ride harder than me anyway)

Thanks for all the input everyone .. I ordered pilot road 2's. Never had michys before (always been a pirelli man) so we'll see how they go Pi_thumbsup

Cheers .. Dale
No problem here my import exercise was to compare an import with one purchased here, There is a number difference but can not establish its meaning. Tyre size and speed rating was same and recommended for fitting to bike. To be honest I think if you import for your self and is correct rated for bike there will be no problems. We are all in the same game and all infor is handy.

Landmine, I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way mate. I wasn't doubting you in any way, just pointing out that according to the RM ATV site, none of these tyres are for the busa. Front yes .. Rear No. Pi_thumbsup
[/quote]

Hi guys try this for prices in Australia

http://www.teammoto.com.au/tyre-centres.php
Wm Coach
Those prices are excellent Clap

Shame they didn't advertise a bit more. If I had of known about them, I would have gone there. I would have preferred to keep my dollar in oz too ..

Thanks Coach, I'll use them next time for sure.

Dale
Good to see some local competition long over due.

(12-08-2011, 04:47pm)Dale Wrote: Those prices are excellent Clap

Shame they didn't advertise a bit more. If I had of known about them, I would have gone there. I would have preferred to keep my dollar in oz too ..

Thanks Coach, I'll use them next time for sure.

Dale

Just read on another forum that there is a possible issue with PR3's developing cracks around the sipes in the tread pattern.
Both front and rear PR3's on one guys bike (Australian Rider) have got cracks through the rubber and a rep is heading out to
inspect them. His bike is a GSX650F which is very similar in weight and size to the Busa.
GSX650F similar weight to a Busa? Seriously? That's f@#cked up!!!!!
(25-08-2011, 06:57pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: GSX650F similar weight to a Busa? Seriously? That's f@#cked up!!!!!

Yep, they are only 20kg apart, and size for size dimmensions are roughly the same too.
The one that gets me though is that the fuel consumption is also the same as the Busa, under as they say "normal riding conditions".
I'v had my gen 1 since 2003 and the first couple of rears where bridgstone 056's (oem fitment) , I only ever got 6000k out of them and got sick of the moderate grip and sweeping rubber up off my garage floor, have only used michelin pilot powers since, have had 17000 out of a rear, had 2 punctures in 6 years ( between two bikes) and have ground the fairing on the road cornering without any signs of grip loss so I dont care if they are not listed or approved as I don't want to slide off into the undergrowth in the first place ( as I did on the B King with it's dunny qualifiers). Bought 2 sets pilots recently from Rocky mountain ATV along with half a dozen genuine oil filters ($10 each) and the tyres worked out at about $125each landed and I cannot see 1 single stamp or marking on any of them that is not on the ones they replaced that where bought here.
Safe riding Norvin
(11-08-2011, 08:00am)fullbore busa Wrote: I dont know of any differance with import tyre's , but i know there is no warranty on them , under australian law the importer of an item is deemed the manufacturer & must supply a warranty , so in the event of a crash if the tyre was found to be the cause good luck with insurance & you would probably be liable for any injuries & damage if others are involved , i know they are cheaper from the us i cant get them from the supplier's here in australia anywhere near what u can get them from the us , so be carefull blaming the local shops its more likley the importers having to carry the warranty and any other import crap they are slugged that is costing more so you can thank our elected in canberra.

Mark
Fully sympathise with retailers being rorted by distributors. Thats pretty much the case with all inflated Oz pricing; its the importer/distributor fat cat. The same guys that try to block people buying overseas by locking overseas distributors/retailers into restrictive practices.

As to stories about differences in direct imports vs distributor imports, its probably just the old helmet bull shit we've heard so many times before.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Just did the Great Northern Adventure ride on my B King fitted with Pilot Road 3ct's . No problem at all , they had done 1000k before leaving , did 5400k for the ride and they are ready to do it all over again. Cannot comment of how they perform in the wet as we didn't have any rain on the trip.