dyno hp readings
It is D Day for my bike tomorrow.
The baby is getting a well earned makeover just before it turns over 100,000ks

If I get results that I can scan, I'll post up the pre and post run sheets.

The bike is running beautifully now so I am curious as to what results the dyno will show.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
my bets 160 sae busgo.on a dynojet dyno. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
The results are in.
The top hp at 9,800 rpm shows only 151.6 however the incline is really smooth with a good flat torque curve.
Conditions were good but the bike had a brand new tyre on and was slipping right through the rev range.
It was getting real late and we couldn't go for more and the jury is still out on whether this is a true reading.
I have not had a chance to go for a real ride yet so I'll consider the changes later.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
Is this the same dyno that garbo ran his bike after his exhaust and airbox were done? <i></i>
Same dyno, yes Glenn. Garbo also had the PC fitted and they spent much of the day testing maps.
My bike got more of a major service and then a dyno at the end to test the settings. Service included a set of Iridium plugs, balance the throttle bodies and reset the TPS etc.

I have just got back from a burst on my private test track and down low there is no noticeable difference but in the mid range between 4 and 8 thou the bike is much more responsive. I didn't test the top end in the dark....
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I,d trade 20hp for seamless on/off throttle for the street.If you can get on the gas in confidence nice and early,150hp is heaps.I had no trouble at jindabyne last year with 115hp at the tyre.I,m also going to try a 190/55 rear or a 180/55 again so the bastard will turn. <i></i>
After going for a spin today, I am REALLY HAPPY with the improvements made by Jamie at BIKECARE.

The bike is really strong off the mark and up to about 9000rpm.
I do all my riding on the road and it now responds instantly.
Even pulls wheelies from the lights with no clutch work.
YEEHAAA!

I must say that I was a little dissapointed with the 152hp shown on the dyno, even though the tyre was slipping at the time, but who needs HP when you have got heaps of torque on tap.
It was the TPS, throttle body balance and idle mixture that made all the difference.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 13/1/07 15:53
</i>
Down in south west Mexico (Victoria) we are not blessed with a beautiful 1/4 mile like other states.
I was just curious to what exit mph you guys are getting over the 1/8th, or even what times over the 1/8th ?
Or am I the only poor bastard running on the 1/8th.
I think my best 1/8th was 7.10 at 112 mph. Stock everything including BTL clutch.
Just wondered what sort of 1/4 mile time this may relate to ?

Carey <i></i>
I don't have a time recorded, but my speed at 660' was 184.35 Km/hr (115.22 MPH) on my way to a 10.016 1/4mile if that's any help. <i></i>