Which tyre repair kit is best?
Had to take the train home tonight because of a flat tyre and a crap tyre repair kit that didn't fix the puncture. Not happy!

So..
Which tyre repair kit do you think is best?
Which ones get you going again? Which one doesn't wreck the tyre so it can be repaired?

Looking for help since I'll be buying a new repair kit and don't want to use the same one.
What did you have to start with?

I read a good post once that gave the advice to get two different style kits and mix the contents together so you have the best of both worlds.
Most kits are cheap enough and provide repairs for around 4 punctures, so you just carry half of each kit.
(17-05-2011, 10:25pm)aussiemonster Wrote: Which tyre repair kit do you think is best?

The one you nick from a BMW!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I got a puncture in the rear of my Busa once and took it to a tyre dealer and was told that i could not repair the tyre due to the speed rating of the tyre. Was this a load of crap?

The tyre was only 4k old and still looked new. cost me $340 for the replacemant.
(21-05-2011, 10:32pm)hendrixhc Wrote: I got a puncture in the rear of my Busa once and took it to a tyre dealer and was told that i could not repair the tyre due to the speed rating of the tyre. Was this a load of crap?

The tyre was only 4k old and still looked new. cost me $340 for the replacemant.

I Reckon it's a bunch of crap ,if you stick to the speed limits ,Wouldn't go doing 200 plus shit . One of our SA members plugged a 2 day old ,Nailed tire & ran it as normal down to the belts . When he replaced the tire he tried to pull the plug out from inside & It would not budge at all .He did tell me to use the Green Slime brand because of the glue . Would I do it ?
probably would , but not recommending others to do .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Commuting every day, I've had a few punctures. Had 2 different tyres plugged. Tyre guys said if it holds for the first 50km's it'll hold for the life of the tyre and that's what I've found. True, wouldn't do a track day on a plugged tyre, but happy to commute and have the occasional blatt on one.

Had two punctures and both tyres lasted till they were worn out, both punctures were on Michelins never had punctures on any of the other brands I have used. Happy to trust the repair which was glued strip pushed into tyre would not trust Cargol system