Red 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa - What is the colour called?
Hi there,
I've got a red 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa and I've just got a couple of stone chips on the bike that I want to clean up. As such, I'd like to order some custom made paint (not the original Suzuki stuff, it's just too dear for me) and was just wondering what the name of the colour is? Is it called Candy Velvety Red or Candy Antares Red? It is the darker kind of red so I'm hazarding a guess at Velvety, but I'd just like to know for sure. And whereabouts (if at all) is the paint code / colour description written on the bus because I've looked just about everywhere and can't find it.

If anyone can help me out it's much appreciated.

Paul. <i></i>
its under the 2000 models here;

www.bike-paint.co.uk/suzuki%202000.htm

<i></i>
also try:

Keysey's Motorcycle touch up paint
19 Kevin Crt.
Kilsyth
Melbourne
9725 5107

Thats what I have listed on my little 15ml bottle of copper touch up. <i></i>
Hold up there boys.
The one listed on Volvi's link is the 2000 Red/Gray and NOT the 1999 Red Black.
The 99 red IS the Candy Antares Red
The Black is the Candy Saturn Black.

The paint code stickers are usually at the rear base of the tank near the hinge.

Tenacious - for fixing stone chips, I use Turtle colour fix wax.
It comes with a tube of solid wax, like a lipstick. You fill the chips with it and then wax over with the red colour match wax. If done right it hardens and you can hardly see any chips.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Busco, do they do Copper Silver stuff? <i></i>
I buy my Turtle Colour Cure at BIG W but I found this web site that has a photo of the colours available.
The ad is for Red but the other colours are in the photo.
www.auto-polish.net/discount/carwax.htm

I also recommend the Mother's California Gold for a great polish.
I only polish my bike once a year and wax it with Mr Sheen and Turtle the rest of the time.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
mm, busgo - after picking up by bike from Ian - he told me to stay the hell away from Mr Sheen in a big way - same with plexus as well ;)

I am still working out whats best to use on mine hahaha "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

<i></i>
I dunno who Ian is but why would he say that?
I've been using it for donkeys years and have never had any problems with Mr Sheen.
You just use a clean cloth (such as chux) every time you wax.
Does the job for me.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
the problem with Mr sheen only comes up when its time for a re-spray. If you dont re-paint the bike, then no problem, but if you do the silicon build up from Mr Sheen and other silicon based polishes seep into the plastic and cause problems with paint adhesion and is a real bith to get rid of.

Mr Dj, are you about? I seem to recall you having this problem when you were getting your bike done at Ronnie balls place a while back. <i></i>
Had my front fender and left side fairing resprayed a bit over a year ago - no problems.
Maybe it depends on the preparation by the painter.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
maybe - but I was going to ask about it anyway since so many bike shops use it.

Maggot - what do you use? "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

<i></i>
RaZ80 have a good look at my old bike and tell me that Mr Sheen is bad for it I used it for around 4 yrs on this bike and never had a problem with it and I believe its new owner does the same

Cheers Bill

NEW BIKE HAS ARRIVED YIPPEEEE

<i></i>
Wow Bill that is one great photo perfect background for your bike THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i></i>
The way you guys ride, the paint doesnt last long enough for Mr Sheen to damage it, and as far as resprays go.. like your not going to have to replace the plastic anyway!!! <i></i>
Hey Mr Aza who has the arse end nocked out of there new 06 model THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i></i>