SWINGARME REPLACING
ok i am just about ready to change over swingarms ant tips things to watch out for
to hold it up i plan on using two car stands is this ok will i use front stand as well THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i>Edited by: HAYABUSA ROD at: 9/11/06 22:37
</i>
Lift the bike up from the reat subframe..if you have a chain block that is........ <i></i>
As gazza said host it up in the rear.
and you can chock the bracket under the bike that holds the belly wing on as well to steady it.
When its up on the rear stand I've used tie down straps to take the weight from above off the subframe 1 strap each side
Then just lower the rear stand & get into it.
Dont know about using the front stand I left my wheel on the ground.

Warning check & bloody check tho I know some guys have had there bike fall over to 1 side when hung from the rear
shane <i></i>
any advice for those of us who have no sub frame attached (or front forks, motor etc?) [<i></i>
+1 Shredder, Mine started to tip over even with the block under the belly pan thing. I had chain blocked up the rear and was half way through removing the swingarm when she started to topple. Luckily I caught it in time. After that I locked the front wheel in the ventura stand.

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
cheers people looks kike i will be drilling hole in ceiling of garage

matt yours is easy just turn upside down like changing tyre on push bike THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com<i></i>
Rod, apparently there are 4 bearings that may need replacing... or maybe that's just on older models <i></i>
Pan i thought i herd them say they would cap them but i might be wrong i pick it up tommorow so will c THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD
Post some pics if you can. I'm due to do mine soon too!
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Hey Rod
If ya dont want to drill holes in ya celling
You could use 2 wheelie bins 1 either side of the bike with
a (beam, plank, steel bar etc) across the top
Then hook onto that to support the rear.
It sound a bit of a ruff way of doing it but I've done it that way several times as I dont have over head hooks etc.
I've even done it this way at the drags to change a shock .

I have had a frame knocked up since to do this .
shane <i></i>
thanks shane i will go with the frame you have i like that idea THE WARRIOR

REGARDS ROD