PI Track Day
Hi All

Moved back from Brissy a while back and thinking i need to do a track day, its been over 10yrs since i rode there and that was on my TL1000.

I had a little look on the internet and saw them going for $220, is that the norm or is there other groups runnin better value days, ie cheaper or more track time?

Also is anyone booked in to go in the next couple weeks, would be good to go with some fellow Busa guys?

And lastly can anyone tell me what what the busa can get to along the straight, I heard its quite bumpy along the straight, would love to break the 300km mark. Best i have done is 270km at Willowbank after crossing the line and still going for a bit ;-)

Anyway thanks guys.
That's about the price. Straights not bumpy. I got 285 just past the bridge, it was my first time so couldn't really get alot of speed coming onto the straight, but at that speed just past the bridge I needed to pull the big bird up hard so I didn't waver off line/pitch for turn 1-or enter turn one going ALOT faster than I wanted.

I'm doing a day there 9th may.

You'll have a blast.

You never get tired of hammering past 1000's down the straight or tryin to get as many 600's in the corners as you can.
Check the "Supers" thread on general discussion.
A few of us doing the afterburners on 28th Feb.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=16488

Main straight is smooth as silk. I run a 43tooth rear sprocket, so 10% out on the already optomistic 'busa speedo. I top out in 5th just on the 300 before leaping on the anchors for turn 1
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
unofficially of course what times do you guys do around Phillip Island on a Busa?
Buggered if I know, I shut my eyes.
where do you find the Busa lacks on the track ?
When I get my rs250 ill answer that as the Busa is the only bike I've road on the track.
(14-02-2011, 09:19pm)Rubberman Wrote: where do you find the Busa lacks on the track ?

Pitt lane. It's damn hard keeping a Busa under 140.
Ok well after burn has only a few sessions available, looking at going on Wed 2nd March.

1 mate coming along, he's on a CB900 hornet but i'm not holding that against him, he hammers 3 inch nails in with his bare hands. lol.

Hey Bikerboy, you off for a ride this weekend? this is my first weekend free in months and if your heading out would be keen to finally get that ride in. Battery has been good, no hickups.
(15-02-2011, 09:19am)MrBusa Wrote: Hey Bikerboy, you off for a ride this weekend? this is my first weekend free in months and if your heading out would be keen to finally get that ride in. Battery has been good, no hickups.

Hey Mate, Unfortunately I'm without a licence for a few months.
Hoping to back on the road in June, so anytime after that we can finaly get that ride in.
I'm back start of July! We should plan a ride for a weekend stayin in a pub somewhere overnight I rectum.
(14-02-2011, 09:19pm)Rubberman Wrote: where do you find the Busa lacks on the track ?

Corner speed is limited, but it is not as sloww as "people" will tell you (those "people" will offer opinions, but I can bet you they've never ridden a Busa on a track!!!).

Corner speed obviously depends on (1) what weight you can get down to, (2) suspension set up and (3) rider skill. I got two of those sorted. Now working on the 3rd for the next 20 years...
I'm slow as blazes, but I can shove a busa under a litre bike on turn 9(?) MG corner. That was my favourite place to get past people, they sure as hell don't expect a busa to be able to do that. Oddly, the RGV taught me to do it and the idea transferred to the busa. Don't listen to anyone who says the busa is no good on the track, it is particularly good on PI. You might not be the fastest out there, but you'll be having the BEST FUN!
Currently i ride a TLR1000, although i have never ridden a Busa i assume they wouldnt be that far apart ( taking out twin v I4 & i believe the Busa maybe slightly longer and rider position more upright ) but both heavy and not real good at turning into corners, i get passed by pretty much anything down the straight unlike a Busa but i pass a lot of riders through turns 1,3,7,8 & 12. I was at P.I. 3 & 4 of November 2010 i can go around the outside of ( 1 of 3 Busa's there on the day ) turn 12 but as soon as we straighten up for the run down the straight well its not fair i mean its like i'm flying a FA-18 Hornet & have fired a missile bye bye Busa man that sucks !! but by turn 3 i'm on them or passing then, this is why i am asking the above question i agree it does come down to the rider but i would like some feed back from any of you that have done a P.I. track day for your experience. Once i sell my TLR i'm either going to purchase a GSXR750 or a Busa which is something i have always wanted to do after my TLR. Pan what suspension are you running stock /Ohlins raised rear to help with turn in ? Heidi1, Pan & Bikerboy do you have any problems with braking as the bike is 20-30kg heavier than the TLR is this to a limiting factor mechanically as well as maybe your confidence, on that when you blokes go to P.I. what size rear tyre do you use 180/190 number 1, 2 , compound ???
No sense asking me, I'm hopeless but I have fun. Pan and Bruce are your go-to guys on this.

P.S. I've got a busa AND a GSXR750, get both, you know you want to. They are very different bikes and are good at very different things. Decide what you want to do with the bike and chose accordingly, or buy both!!!!