could be a wet Christmas here
BOM
LOWER BURNETT RIVER:
Moderate to major flood levels are expected along the lower Burnett River from
from Mundubbera to Walla. Flood levels of at least 10.5 metres at Gayndah are
forecast for Saturday. Major flood levels are predicted for Mt Lawless, Fig
Tree, Paradise Dam and Walla over the weekend.

A minor flood peak is expected with the high tide at Bundaberg during tonight
and on Friday, with higher river levels with the high tides during the weekend.
The Burnett River at Bundaberg is likely to be the highest since 1971.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(23-12-2010, 07:44pm)DAVE01 Wrote: BOM
LOWER BURNETT RIVER:

Yikes!!Scary
Rivers is level with the back lawn 11.55m and rising + still raining, time to move some cabins I think.Eek

Ahhh Queensland...beautiful one day....(fill in this space) the next!
I would need a wetsuit and a scuba tank to ride my Bus today in Cairns....belting down.
(24-12-2010, 12:45pm)Troppo Wrote: I would need a wetsuit and a scuba tank to ride my Bus today in Cairns....belting down.

We're coming up to visit Mooloolabar in late january. I think we're going to wet!!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
LOWER BURNETT RIVER:

Davo,
Been watching the river flow most of the day, our factory is right on its banks. Had a marker one one of the trees & its come up about another 1/2 meter from yesterday, from reports it should start dropping soon if we dont have any more rain in the cacthment Fingers crossed.
(24-12-2010, 05:48pm)Steve46 Wrote:
LOWER BURNETT RIVER:

Davo,
Been watching the river flow most of the day, our factory is right on its banks. Had a marker one one of the trees & its come up about another 1/2 meter from yesterday, from reports it should start dropping soon if we dont have any more rain in the cacthment Fingers crossed.
yeah mate we have a caravan park on the river,today it got to 13.6m ,I just had a look and at a guess I would say it's dropped 1m in the last 2 hours but lot's of rain is forecast still.I not going to loose any sleep "what will be will be" as they say.
Thats the last thing u need, the almight wet season. Have just spent the last month on the house fixing roof leaks and waiting for the next storm in Sydney which did thousands of bucks worth of damage to my place , money which I did not have. Hopefully ready this time for no more damage.
(24-12-2010, 05:48pm)Steve46 Wrote: Davo,
Hey mate hows it all where you are? Rivers rising fast and flowing quick here tonight+ still raining hard,water is in our yards now.All the bestPi_thumbsup
(27-12-2010, 10:15pm)DAVE01 Wrote:
(24-12-2010, 05:48pm)Steve46 Wrote: Davo,
Hey mate hows it all where you are? Rivers rising fast and flowing quick here tonight+ still raining hard,water is in our yards now.All the bestPi_thumbsup

Hope it's all okay with you guys up there, try to keep your backsides dry and above the flood level. We're etting wet stuff down here, it must be a shocker up there.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
going to be a looong night.
(28-12-2010, 03:14am)DAVE01 Wrote: going to be a looong night.

Hi Dave,
We are the big sheds beside you, noticed you have shifted some things to higher ground out of the flood waters.
We have about 100-200 mm before the flood water comes into our yard, bottom corner & about 1000 mm before its starts coming into the factory. Noticed you guys have some things out in the street, if you need some higher ground PM me, as you know we have lots of room in our car park & it will get things off the side of the road. In saying that our high ground would be only about 2 meters better than you. We have some big gear next door so If you need a hand give us a yell.
(28-12-2010, 11:32am)Steve46 Wrote:
(28-12-2010, 03:14am)DAVE01 Wrote: going to be a looong night.

Hi Dave,
We are the big sheds beside you, noticed you have shifted some things to higher ground out of the flood waters.
We have about 100-200 mm before the flood water comes into our yard, bottom corner & about 1000 mm before its starts coming into the factory. Noticed you guys have some things out in the street, if you need some higher ground PM me, as you know we have lots of room in our car park & it will get things off the side of the road. In saying that our high ground would be only about 2 meters better than you. We have some big gear next door so If you need a hand give us a yell.
Thanks for the offer Steve but I think you might be thinking of another park,we are in Gayndah.I have been up all night had to move 3 cabins + 2 on-site vans and wake up and move a few people in their on vans .Water level here now is 16.5 meters and still rising and raining.
Thanks againPi_thumbsup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWywkfYLAzc