Knocked off my Bussa
The Bike shop has finally done the quote for parts and labour and it's been approved by the assessor , the total came to just over $6000 Scary
Thats some good news. Now just settle in for a wait and be prepared to go bonkers.
I got knocked off my bike by a p-plate swerving to block me from lane splitting on the 1st of Aug 2010.
Police report filed on 2 Aug 2010.
My repairer had the bike 3 Aug 2010.
Insurance authorised repairs 9 Aug 2010.
Bike received back 19 Oct 2010.
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.
A^K^T glad to read that all is OK from the mishap and glad that you've gone through the right channels, a couple of guys that I have known tried doing the right thing by the other person and got stung quite badly.

Anyway hope all works out and you'll probably find that a after market exhaust etc is cheaper than the OE Muffler so you could end up with some nice bling bits out of the whole deal even though it's not the best way to get it.
(28-10-2010, 07:29pm)BlackBusaLO Wrote: Thats some good news. Now just settle in for a wait and be prepared to go bonkers.
I got knocked off my bike by a p-plate swerving to block me from lane splitting on the 1st of Aug 2010.
Police report filed on 2 Aug 2010.
My repairer had the bike 3 Aug 2010.
Insurance authorised repairs 9 Aug 2010.
Bike received back 19 Oct 2010.
Hope you are ok after your off BlackBusaLO and your insurance company (and possibly the Police) are onto the P plater .

I have a feeling it isn't going to be a quick process for the bike shop to get the bits , the assessor hinted that depending on the parts it could be a while. Something to do with some parts not being stocked locally.
The bike is getting a new nose cone , rhs fairing , front fender , both exhaust cans , stator cover , clutch lever , bar end and rear sub-frame as well as a few nuts & bolts .
Apparently is was cheaper to get new fairings than to paint them even though some weren't badly damaged .
(28-10-2010, 11:38pm)Rev004 Wrote: A^K^T glad to read that all is OK from the mishap and glad that you've gone through the right channels, a couple of guys that I have known tried doing the right thing by the other person and got stung quite badly.

Anyway hope all works out and you'll probably find that a after market exhaust etc is cheaper than the OE Muffler so you could end up with some nice bling bits out of the whole deal even though it's not the best way to get it.

Thanks Rev004 , handing the bike over to the bike shop and insurance company was the way to go .
I haven't made up my mind on stock or after market exhaust , i like the bike quiet but have ridden it with a full system on it and didn't mind the way it seemed to rev better in the bottom end of the rev range .
I suggest that you ask your insurance for a cash pay out minus the labor charge the shop was going to charge and fix the bike yourself,you will end up with a shitload of money to bling it up.Your damage seems to be cosmetic and bolting on stuff does not need a shop to do,secondly the price of a second hand subframe is way cheaper than a new one so that on it's own is going to give you a decent return.The insurance might tell you that the repairs won't be guaranteed for life but considering that the bike won't be for life and the damage is cosmetic you should respond that you're ok with it.
With $6000 can surely buy few goodies from the US,considering the exchange rate!!!!!!!
(29-10-2010, 12:09am)A^K^T Wrote: Thanks Rev004 , handing the bike over to the bike shop and insurance company was the way to go .
I haven't made up my mind on stock or after market exhaust , i like the bike quiet but have ridden it with a full system on it and didn't mind the way it seemed to rev better in the bottom end of the rev range .

A^K^T I no what you mean about exhausts being loud my personal preference is noise as cages can hear you, I no a few guys that have put on slipons on there Busas and they have sound great without being to loud just a nice deep note which doesn't appear to get louder as they go up in the rev range certainly cheaper than OEM. I would have to agree with 1300hayabusa about doing it yourself especially if it is bolt on or cosmetic, there is some excellent websites in the states and if you want to keep the bike factory try
these guys http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp they were excellent to deal with and just on an original Suzuki double bubble for a Busa I saved nearly a hundred dollars to what it would have cost here in Aus.

Anyway like I said all the best with the repairs which ever way you and hopefully see you around some time.

Cheers Rev004
The Bussa is back in the shed Yes
I picked it up yesterday and so far it seems good .
With the amount of time it took just to get the quote done I thought it best to leave it stock .
Hi A^K^T Clap glad to hear it's back on the road again & I bet you had a smile from ear to ear again.

Anyway safe riding and hope you have a great xmas and new year.

Cheers Rev004
The insurance renewal arrived today and got a pleasant surprise .
The premium has gone down to $753 from $794 , but the excess has gone up from $500 to $600 and the agreed value has gone to $14,500 from $1550 .
I thought QBE would put the premiums up after the accident .
(02-02-2011, 08:42pm)A^K^T Wrote: ....the agreed value has gone to $14,500 from $1550 .

so your premium went down and your Busa's worth $12,950 more. That's awesome Lol3

Good to hear you're all sorted and back on the road again.
glade your ok, but the bike doesnt look to hot though, I agree with big kev. a few of the car drivers need a good thumping, I had one do a u,turn and hit my rightside just missing my daughters foot
every corner tells a story