Changing Camps
Sad 
Let me start by thanking all of you for your support over the years and for your mateship, knowledge, wisdom, humor etc.

I think I first came across the original AHC site in 2002, membership number somewhere around 274. Up till 2005 I spent many an hour enjoying the Hayabusa Road Train on our many Busa Rides and other rides that some of you guys joined us on.

Following Jules death in Oct 2004 I proceeded to go somewhat off the rails, wrote my Busa off in Feb 2005, did a rebuild only to give myself one hell of a wake up callPi_freak before it was too late. Since about Aug 2005 I've been sitting on the sidelines, dropping in every so often, yearning for the day to go riding again (once in a better head space). Well, I haven't quite got there, but the need has surpassed the fear.

This week, I ordered a New Kawasaki 1400GTR and a Krakatinnie Camper Trailer. So in all fairness I thought I should fess up to you all and let you know what I have done. The reality is that I would have loved another Busa, but the towing and boy racer meant that I needed to go a different path.

That said, I would still love to ride with you guys when the situation presents itself, (assuming the traitor would be welcome) and if possible might even see if I could be granted a day pass to visit the next yearly gathering.

I am now located in Inverell up in the New England and if any of you are heading through this way please give me the heads up, I'd love to join you and you might even score a bed if you ask nicely.

To one and all, thanks again Clap for the past 8 years and here's hoping for a continued bond.

Cheers, Dave
Traitor!

[Image: AriGoldgtfo.gif]

But seriously, enjoy your new Kwaka.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Onya Dave!

Still remember those little blue stickers made in her honour... Franko's bike is the first time I saw one of those...

I remember reading about your track days at Eastern Creek back in 2002/03 and Jules being on "compo" (?) at the time... then I bought my Busa... August 2004, just before we lost Jules.

You inspired me to start doing track days a year or so later, and considering I'd never ridden a motorbike prior to 2003... and am now building a Busa track bike... you inspired me ALOT!!!

Hope we can keep in touch buddy... (maybe bring the GTR to EC???)

Pi_thumbsup

Oh, and yeh, you're a traitor and stuff... Roll
G'day Dave, lovely to hear from you again. You will always be part of this club, don't think we would let you go that easily. Just take care of yourself, NO MORE SILLY NONSENSE!! We'd love to have you at the busa bash in Tathra, first weekend in December. Come any way you can, we don't even mind if you bring a *cough* car!!

But we will make you sit at another table.

Nice to hear from you mate.

HEIDIxxx
Welcome back mate good to hear your back on a bike no matter what it is. Hopefully catch up one day for a ride.Clap
(03-07-2010, 05:45pm)Heidi1 Wrote: G'day Dave, lovely to hear from you again. You will always be part of this club, don't think we would let you go that easily. Just take care of yourself, NO MORE SILLY NONSENSE!! We'd love to have you at the busa bash in Tathra, first weekend in December. Come any way you can, we don't even mind if you bring a *cough* car!!

But we will make you sit at another table.

Nice to hear from you mate.

HEIDIxxx
That heading ,scared the shit out of me mate , Thought some bloke had come out of the closet, & thanks for not degrading a Busa by putting a trailer behind it .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Good onya champ...do whatever you feel is right. As long as you're not riding a boat anchor, it's fine by me...come to Tathra...anyone who doesn't well.....doesn't!
Also Good-day Dave, great to see your still popping in here once & and a while, take care hopefully catch up & grab a beer one day Pi_thumbsup
You know all bike riders are welcome here & our rides & gatherings etc Biker
(03-07-2010, 05:45pm)Heidi1 Wrote: G'day Dave........
We'd love to have you at the busa bash in Tathra, first weekend in December. Come any way you can, we don't even mind if you bring a *cough* car!!
HEIDIxxx

Yeah Dave,

Ditto (...wot red sed)!
I wasn't fortunate enough to know Jules or yourself way back then.....but I'd love ta share a bourbon or twenty wif ya at The Tathra Busa Bash this year!! BeerGrouphugBeer

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley
Hi Dave

It's been a very long time mate. I remember both you and Julie, we did a superbike school session together, probably in 2003, back when I had the RF900. I still have the 2000 Red/Grey Hayabusa, it's still going well.

I got married in 2007, and my wife has since got her full license, but she prefers going on the back of the bike with me, so this year we got ourselves a K1300GT. Still have the busa though. Next purchase may be a trackie, but I'd like to go 4 stroke on that one.

I hope we can catch up again one day. Take care of yourself, talk again soon.
Always good to hear from you Dave and your a lifelong brother here, dont matter what your ride is. Dont be afraid posting regularly even sharing your experience on your kwaka. As Heidi says whos say were letting you go.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Great to see your words Dave amd hear that you are travelling along okay. We miss you and Jewels a lot.

Please come to tathra for the annual Australian Hayabusa Club Tathra Beach Bash!

Many regards

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Thanks Guys and Gals.

I am really looking forward to getting back into the saddle. At this stage looks like I'm up for about 20,000k's before Christmas the way things are going.

Kawasaki rang late this arvo to say the crate is on the truck and being delivered and built tomorrow so should pick it up on Wednesday. With the boys on school holidays I won't get to ride it until the following Thursday though. Should have its first oil change on the Friday and hopefully another by the next Monday.

The GTR guys aren't anywhere near as helpful and welcoming as you guys. And their 'farkles' are about as exciting as farting in a wind storm. Looks like I'm going to have my work cut out with finding decent Mods and bling.

Anyway, thanks again for your support and have definitely pencilled in the Tathra weekend. Hopefully change it to pen shortly and let you know.

Cheers, Dave
GTR-Aus #319
Onya Dave!!!
ClapPi_thumbsupClap
We'd love to see you again!