Sydney WSID Wednesday nights
More revs like Matt suggested also lower the gearing.

I wont suggest a ratio because not many like the gearing I use, its all about experiance and trial and error.

I'm used to 60's with 1.05sec so even a busa that 60's in 1.30sec is a bit ho hum.

Leonard.
From what i've learnt, around 4 to 5 thou rpm in stage, then apply half to two thirds throttle and at the same time let out half clutch. By the 60 foot the clutch should be out, and depending on your confidence, should be close to full throttle. I could never do it because of the fear of wheelstands. Its tough to get full throttle in first especially stock wheelbase. A good video is to google hayabusa chronicles part 1. Scroll halfway down and there is a link of richard gadson on a stock but lowered gen 2. Turn up the volume and listen to the rpm he leaves at, and the rpm running out in first gear. He makes it look easy but as i discovered it isnt. Especially if fear is your enemy.......
I launch like I'm going to the shops, I am very shit. I know that isn't useful, but that 'fear is your enemy' statement makes perfect sense to me. That is what is always going to stop me.
(07-01-2010, 09:31pm)busa2nv Wrote: hi guys,
I own the orange and black Busa, and i am having trouble lauching the bike as it gets bogged down at the start, the picks up again. The tyre pressure was at around 17 the bike as 6" inch extend swing arm and lowered 3inches, i try to lauch at around 4000rpm, Can anyone help or advise what i am doing wrong.

Macca

Good to meet you mark & thanks for the link

I'm running 17 by 45 on the shinko (50)& 17 by 47 on (taller 55 tyre)
I let it go from around 7000 to 9000 rpm it depends if there is grip out there Pi_thumbsup good luck
Lots of good tips here.. Thanks guys.
Potentially heading out for first run next wed which should be interesting.

Any probs with launching at these rpms with the stock clutch on a Gen II?
(08-01-2010, 05:44pm)daaef Wrote: Lots of good tips here.. Thanks guys.
Potentially heading out for first run next wed which should be interesting.

Any probs with launching at these rpms with the stock clutch on a Gen II?

Depends on how serious ya wanna be. The stock clutch is ok but its hard to be consistent being that it chatters or its a bit grabby. Getting ya back torque limiter welded is one option and another is to get the clutch mod from Brocks perfromance in the states. You may be able to get it from shayne at cyanide racing in QLD. It makes the bike easier to launch and more consistent.
thanks for your help guys, 7000 to 9000 rpm is really high i thought, maybe i will work to that one.

See you all there nex week

Macca
My Current Rides
[Image: miscpics051.jpg]
08 Hayabusa
[Image: Newfenderandpaintinstalled050-1.jpg]
VTX 1800
(08-01-2010, 10:44pm)busa2nv Wrote: thanks for your help guys, 7000 to 9000 rpm is really high i thought, maybe i will work to that one.

Macca

Just take your time and step it up a little at a time, I have be draging for about 5 years, Pratice pratice pratice
(08-01-2010, 10:44pm)busa2nv Wrote: thanks for your help guys, 7000 to 9000 rpm is really high i thought, maybe i will work to that one.

Macca

Hey Macca your Busa looks a bit short there Nerd
If it stays clear, might see/meet some of you out there tomorrow. Heading out with another drag-virgin mate with a gold gixxer thou.

Dave
Black K9
I'm out tonight, be there next week
I have pulled the extensions off mine now it will be interesting
I didnt go last night cause of the rain, did anyone go at all
Hey Macca your Busa looks a bit short there- i know it could be a bit longer

Macca
My Current Rides
[Image: miscpics051.jpg]
08 Hayabusa
[Image: Newfenderandpaintinstalled050-1.jpg]
VTX 1800
I went out with a mate. There was hardly anyone out there so we got 4 back to back runs in before the rain came through at about 7:30.

Got a 10.92 on my 3rd run so was happy with that for first day out. R/T were good but need to work on shifts and keeping the front end down. Also didn't know how to activate the shift light which would have been nice.

Keen to get back out there again, had a ball.
(16-01-2010, 04:22pm)daaef Wrote: I went out with a mate. There was hardly anyone out there so we got 4 back to back runs in before the rain came through at about 7:30.

Got a 10.92 on my 3rd run so was happy with that for first day out. R/T were good but need to work on shifts and keeping the front end down. Also didn't know how to activate the shift light which would have been nice.

Keen to get back out there again, had a ball.

Good to hear ya went well. Is ya bike factory stock?? 10.92 is a good starting point. Keeping the front down will always be an issue. You can calm the wheelies a little but the rest is rider talent. Keep at it!!!!!!!!
Yeah, bog stock except M4 slip ons. With some more practice and mods, times can only come down!