What book are you reading now?
(27-10-2009, 09:05pm)Astro Wrote:
(27-10-2009, 09:01pm)Dan85 Wrote: I hope they serve beer in hell

Author : Max Tucker

Wrong way round Astro its Tucker Max weird i know!! that book has made me laugh harder than anything, cringe more than anything and then laugh again! bloody good book. not for the femenists or weak stomached among us tho......
Regards

Dan
Just finished "the lost symbol" by dan brown, latest in the angels & demons/davinci code set.

Currently reading "I am Ozzy", ozzy osbournes autobiography.

Next up, Jeremy Clarksons "For Crying out Loud: The World according to clarkson v3". First book of his I have bought, so see how it goes.
Have decided to read some of Marks books to honour him. He would be laughing that Im attempting them as they are all pretty much war books.

Ive started with:
In Good Company, One mans's war in vietnam, by Gary McKay.

Gary McKay is a Vietnam Vet and its basically his experiences prior, during and after the Vietnam War.

Heres to you baby... MWAHCoolsmiley
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Boys read some funny stuff, find something that will make you happy (if just for a little while). Anything by Marion Keyes EXCEPT ANGELS (PLEASE don't read that). She is one of Ireland's most famous authors and it shows. Her work is funny and intelligent and as you work your way through her books you get to see all the stories from the perspective of various insane women in the family. Laugh out loud stuff.

Helen Fielding's first book, Cause Celeb is worth a look, bit goofy, bit sexy all the things we like in fiction. Ok, she went on to write Brigit Jones' Diary, but don't hold that against her. it was a good book til they made a movie out of it.

I'll have a think, I'm a bandit for putting together book lists. Hang on, you're a teacher aren't you? You're probably a bit of a bandit yourself!
Sadly I think Im enjoying this book of Marks.. Darn Him LOL

I have many of Marian Keyes books too but thanks for the recommendation.

Yes I am a teacher but most of the books I read are kids books. I just bought the whole collection of Roald Dahls books, just for my students..
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
(27-10-2009, 10:00pm)Heidi1 Wrote:
(27-10-2009, 09:38pm)bandit Wrote: 5 Greatest Warriors Mathew Rielly

IS THAT OUT!! CRAP, I am losing my touch! I guess that's what I'll be reading too then!

Yup where were you woman? & when is he visiting again?
I've got it and been so brave and left it on the bed (packing for exams)

So I am reading -
ahem.....

Understanding Pathophysiology
Mosby's Paramedic Textbook
Camerons Emergency Medicine
(work documents)
Pharmacology
& pages of glorious notes....

I know I am whining - so I need more wine! Nerd
Go hard, or Go home!
I had him at work a few months ago (Matt Reilly), he was an ambasador for the Books Alive program. One of the nicest, funniest guys you'll ever meet. He is still STOKED that he gets to do what he wants every day and that he can buy himself geeky toys. He drives a DeLorien and has a full sized model of Hans Solo in the carbon coffin thing, in the corner of his office. The guy is a goose and you have to love him for it. I was a huge fan before I'd met him, but now I just like to follow him around looking goofy.
(28-10-2009, 08:14pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I had him at work a few months ago (Matt Reilly), he was an ambasador for the Books Alive program. One of the nicest, funniest guys you'll ever meet. He is still STOKED that he gets to do what he wants every day and that he can buy himself geeky toys. He drives a DeLorien and has a full sized model of Hans Solo in the carbon coffin thing, in the corner of his office. The guy is a goose and you have to love him for it. I was a huge fan before I'd met him, but now I just like to follow him around looking goofy.

Its a great read Heidi only took me 2 days to read itClap
I got a nerdy lad at home. He makes me smile...awww
But to be able to do that and buy geeky toys, yeah he wins.

You never posted the picture of his visit! Or are you holding out on us here???

Mind you I have 5 other rather new and exciting novels sitting there waiting for when I pass....which to start on first hmmm (ok its the M Reilly) I have a serious book reading problem I feel. I like too many varieties and as a result spend far far too much on books as you might have guessed unless occupied.... I get into trouble!!! (working full time with 2 full time study prorams going and still a mad reader)
Go hard, or Go home!
I just ordered Wayne Carey's New book Don't ask why Undecided
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Bloody Kangaroos supporter - let him go already Lol3 Don't leave the book in the bathroom near Mrs Rod Smitten Pi_tongue

Cheers Ruffy
Books in the bathroom....

Now there is a discussion.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Buddy_away 
NO BOOKS IN THE BATHROOM!!! Knuppel2 NO!!Knuppel2 Police Knuppel2
That's where some of the best books are kept - I remember as a kid seeing my first Boobies4 in "Post" magazine page 3 Scary

Cheers Ruffy
(29-10-2009, 06:09pm)Ruffy Wrote: Bloody Kangaroos supporter - let him go already Lol3 Don't leave the book in the bathroom near Mrs Rod Smitten Pi_tongue

Cheers Ruffy

Nothing wrong with being a Kanga supporterCoolsmiley Ruffy