Help, small electrics
I have a CD Stacker removed from car (Ford) and want to get the stacker cassette out which is still lodged in. Trying to power her up so I can press button on unit to eject cassette. Attached round cord dunno whats called DA or DM? has 7 pins in a semi circle and 1 in the middle. I have exposed the wiring to attach to 12V battery but cant figure which are the power wires. Theres,

Outside surrounding all wired in silver (platted)
Red
Brown
Yellow
Black
and a thicker Grey with inside platted silver surrounding 2 thinner wires Red & White

So which 2 to attach to 12V to power up?
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
hope the cd,s are worth it...lol
Volvi most have a manual release on them. Usually you can put a paper clip or something in a small hole some where that will release the cartridge.
red and black
(20-08-2009, 03:45pm)Volvi Wrote: I have a CD Stacker removed from car (Ford) and want to get the stacker cassette out which is still lodged in. Trying to power her up so I can press button on unit to eject cassette. Attached round cord dunno whats called DA or DM? has 7 pins in a semi circle and 1 in the middle. I have exposed the wiring to attach to 12V battery but cant figure which are the power wires. Theres,

Outside surrounding all wired in silver (platted)
Red
Brown
Yellow
Black
and a thicker Grey with inside platted silver surrounding 2 thinner wires Red & White

So which 2 to attach to 12V to power up?

VOLVI!!!! - Don't take the blue pill!!!Lol3Lol3Lol3
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Red is usually 12v constant, and yellow is 12v acc. Sometimes other way round but wont matter for what you are doing. Also sometimes the main 12v feed wire is thicker.
You need to connect both to 12v , and black to earth. (probably!)