retireing the busa
Good onya Kev - get the bike ya want stuff everyones opinions, its you riding it not them tell them to FOFF :) I have had to make a similar decision and exit the litre class bikes for the same reason and buy a Busa - litre bikes (4 in 6yrs) turn me into a madman loony and I can no longer keep going down that track - like you I had to make a decision of wife&friends&slowerbike or litre bike, you may larf but I am slower on the Busa than on the 10 cos its not a stop/Go bike and I contain myself more (no comment please GReenb) at least more often. I have even considered a cruiser as well but I am not ready for it yet but def in next 5+ yrs
Egos; everyone got one
Quote:all i need to do now is get a good price on my beast

it sounds like you have plenty of time Re your licence so dont be in to much of a hurry to sell to cheap wait to you get the price you want Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(20-08-2009, 07:29am)busakid08 Wrote: Good onya Kev - get the bike ya want stuff everyones opinions, its you riding it not them tell them to FOFF :) I have had to make a similar decision and exit the litre class bikes for the same reason and buy a Busa - litre bikes (4 in 6yrs) turn me into a madman loony and I can no longer keep going down that track - like you I had to make a decision of wife&friends&slowerbike or litre bike, you may larf but I am slower on the Busa than on the 10 cos its not a stop/Go bike and I contain myself more (no comment please GReenb) at least more often. I have even considered a cruiser as well but I am not ready for it yet but def in next 5+ yrs

thanks mate i love my busa more than any 1 but its time i changed i have alot of freinds riding curzers now and have test ridden em and have found something i really like rode my freids bouelvard and just loved the feel and the comfort and the over all apperance of the bike dont get me wrong if i could have both i would but i cant i wont be leaveing the club at all i mite even be more active than i am now

i will represent this club with babybusa to the up most and soon as i get my licence back i will be outh there on al;l the runs i can attend
(20-08-2009, 08:56am)ROD Wrote:
Quote:all i need to do now is get a good price on my beast

it sounds like you have plenty of time Re your licence so dont be in to much of a hurry to sell to cheap wait to you get the price you want Pi_thumbsup

i have 14 months left mate and yes i have looked around i have alot of gear to go with this bike as in touring i spoke to my insurance dude and he gave me a better price that i thourt .i may not get what i want for it ? not sure i may end up haveing to keep it for longer to get the bike i want

cheers rod for all you kind freind ship as well mate all of you guys an girls on here make great freinds
You must do what u wanna do, but with the M109 tread carefully. Quite a few people have fell in love with the bike only to be turned off it when having it. Theres been a couple busa riders here that made the change and regretted it. Its all nice in a straight line but the rest .... well you know it may be a battle. Seeing you have 14 mths just hang in for a while theres no rush, but ya might as well sell the 04 and get the most u can for it, then lay back and check the market with plenty time up your sleeve, a bargain of some sort may appear whichever model. That my advice.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
thats really great advice volvi and is muchly apprecated the are a big unit to wrestle around corners im looking to do more cruzeing that andthing eles these days i will see what happens over the next few months

thanks volvi
having owned a few busa's and an m109r i think you will find power wise youve picked teh best of the bunch however in terms of handling you have to be prepared to make a choice. either raise the rear gain some ground clearance and you will have a bike that handles well for its size and type or you slam it on its arse spend a heap of money on custom bits and turn it into something seriously sexy. I traded my busa in on an m109r when they first landed in aus and then moved to north queensland about a month latter. now had i stayed in canberra i probably still would have had the m109 as i do really enjoy riding them but it was teh wrong type of bike for the type of people i went riding with ie 300kph or you were left far behind! im now onto busa number 4 even tho its a basket case. id ill be adding a 109 to the garage sometime over the next year or so. thre a great bike nice and comfy.
Regards

Dan
i know the handeling is up ta shit on the m109r's but im looking to do diffrent rideing now most of my freinds are on cruzers and im likeing the look i wont own anything less that a suzuki so the 109r is the bike i want i really wont trick this out except the pipes and thats about it
have a look at this site for the M109R

http://www.motoaus.com/road/road-bike-fe...z1800.html

This is the way to pimp out a M109R
that fella now has a new yamahahahahaha vmax
Regards

Dan
Hey Big Kev, sorry to hear that your gonna give up the busa for a M109R. I went the other way, I intended to buy the M109R but got a busa instead. I think the M109R is half way towards being a sports bike, there is a great onboard clip of of one travelling down a twisty path scraping its pegs on every corner so I think you can get in almost as much trouble as a busa so be careful. Thx for the advice you gave me re license suspension, I've only got a month to go and have been pretty good, only rode in Qld once when I escaped to NSW so cant wait to get the bike back from the shop after I put a few more scrathes on it, with new back tire and 24K km service, time for a big journey somewhere.
yeah its time for me to change i will always have the busa in my heart mate but the M109R is such a sexy beast i have to own 1 im loveing the cruzers more an more
(20-08-2009, 01:05pm)Dan85 Wrote: that fella now has a new yamahahahahaha vmax

still owns his 9 as well.
yeah its nice bike we were looking at potentially trading when i had a busa but then i had to hang onto my bike for a while. he is dead keen on going fast that fella
Regards

Dan
Quote:i know the handeling is up ta shit on the m109r's

i ridden a few harley's cruisers with mates and i find the same thing that cruisers don't handle very well compared to sports tourers, thats not what there about , its enjoying the scenery and just cruising down the road in a group with mates that provides the most fun imo.

imo the blue/white m109 is the flashiest looking one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

very true mate Clap ClapPi_thumbsup
OH I AGREE! I'm not a fan, specially after riding Dan's, but that white with the blue stripe is one sexy beast!