Rear Tyre
Just after some opinions and advice on a new rear tyre my Michelin Pilot has done just over 3 thou and is looking sad so its time to get a newie. And advice or views on previous tyre purchases or don't go there's would be great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files
.jpg   090607_113248.jpg (Size: 28.39 KB / Downloads: 203)
If you are unhappy with the life of the tyres, I can offer the following list as good stickers for road use and extended wear BUT in no particular order.
These are all ones that I have used or have friends running them. I run solo and sports tour.
Metzeller Z6 or M3 - expect about 9 - 11 thousand.
Michellin Pilot PCT2 - expect about 9 - 15 thousand.
Bridgestone BT015 - expect about 8 - 11 thousand.
Bridgestone BT016 - expect about 6 - 10 thousand.
Bridgestone BT021 - expect about 12 - 15 thousand.
Avon Storm - expect about 8 - 11 thousand.

If you are used to a very sticky tyre, I suggest you make sure you warm em up before hitting the gas with any of the ones listed above.
Maybe the BT016 or the AVON would be the best choice for you.
I am currently running a Pilot Power on the front and a Pilot Power PCT2 on the rear. Very happy with these.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(09-06-2009, 11:35am)BUSGO Wrote: If you are unhappy with the life of the tyres, I can offer the following list as good stickers for road use and extended wear BUT in no particular order.
These are all ones that I have used or have friends running them. I run solo and sports tour.

If you are used to a very sticky tyre, I suggest you make sure you warm em up before hitting the gas with any of the ones listed above.
I am currently running a Pilot Power on the front and a Pilot Power PCT2 on the rear. Very happy with these.

Cheers For the advice I was very happy with the Pilot but was in a small country town up until five months ago and did heaps of highway kms now in Coffs Harbour and more city riding than ever before . The wife and I tour a fair bit up and down the coast so a tyre for both worlds is a priority I dont use the NOS as much these days as ive had too much drama with the boys in blue as my NOS bottle is swingarm mounted Thanks again !!
(09-06-2009, 11:55am)Beanz Wrote:
(09-06-2009, 11:35am)BUSGO Wrote: If you are unhappy with the life of the tyres, I can offer the following list as good stickers for road use and extended wear BUT in no particular order.

Cheers For the advice I was very happy with the Pilot but was in a small country town up until five months ago and did heaps of highway kms now in Coffs Harbour and more city riding than ever before . The wife and I tour a fair bit up and down the coast so a tyre for both worlds is a priority I dont use the NOS as much these days as ive had too much drama with the boys in blue as my NOS bottle is swingarm mounted Thanks again !!

Obviously tire wear is determined by how you ride as well. I had my rear Pilot Road 2 last 6000k's, and believe it is an excellent tire. I had Pilot Power on the front, but it wore out at 7500 k's, so have gone with a pilot road 2 front aswell, and I am very happy with it.
Ben
Pilot Road 2 Pi_thumbsup
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Looks like Im going keep the Pilot Road brand in Business ! Thanks Guys
you cant make such generalisations about tire wear as it really depends on how, wear and your style of riding - I got 6k out of my PP2CT and 5 out of BT016 - you riding on grass Busgo? :)
Egos; everyone got one
Quote "you riding on grass Busgo? :) "

I did quote 6 - 10k out of a BT016.
Other members have quoted a lot less out of the same tyres.

I suppose riding a lot in the rain adds ks to the rubber wear.
I also avoid burnouts but still spin up quite often due to the harder compounds that I choose.
The mileage that I have shown for these tyres is generally reported by other members over the last couple of years on posts around the forum.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
i think michelin have it nailed at the moment for life,cold grip and wear.I had 016 bridgestones at jindy last year and on the loop in the wet the rear was that bad i pulled over to check if it was flat.It wasnt.the rear before i had pilot powers on my vfr and was smoking along nicely until i started getting a few slides,when i got back to jindabyne it had 30psi in the rear.The key to a good road tyre is good repeatable cold grip,and a tyre that grips well with very little heat in it,takes longer to dry out,hence lasts longer.Pi_thumbsup
lightbulb 
Hi Beanz,
Thought i would throw in a spanner. Have a look at the Conti road attack. A bit more expensive than the rest but enough tread to sink your finger into and a great all round tyre,sport,tour,hail rain or shine.

Cheers, Rich.
Thanks Again Guys I Have Taken All the Sage Advice On Board And Will Now Hit The Bike/Tyre Shops Here In Coffs And See What I Can Come Up With .Cheers !
(09-06-2009, 09:23pm)RICHYB Wrote: Hi Beanz,
Thought i would throw in a spanner. Have a look at the Conti road attack. A bit more expensive than the rest but enough tread to sink your finger into and a great all round tyre,sport,tour,hail rain or shine.

Cheers, Rich.

Just put on a set of conti sport attacks and love them, very sticky, definitely prefer them over the pilot powers.