Centre stand info
hey guys hope all is well. im just wondering if any 1 in the club has purchased a centre stands kit for the beloved busa and if so would like some feed back as im looking to purchase 1 for my busa.if so an you have any pics so i can see what it looks like please post them

cheers guys ride safe
Only seen the stand mod done. Would love to see pics of a centre stand kit installed.
A few of the blokes have them, you loose your belly wing though.
Heidi1 Wrote:A few of the blokes have them, you loose your belly wing though.

yeah i know its a shame to lose the belly pan but im looking at doing a road trip down to my cabin in tasmania an didnt want to carry a stand kit lol so i heard that there was a centre stand kit
Nitehawk Wrote:Only seen the stand mod done. Would love to see pics of a centre stand kit installed.

if i find a kit online i will take some pics of step by step an post it in the fourm but im wanting 1 for touring
Bruce has a brilliant travel stand that folds up to the size of a cigarette packet. We used it on our trip around the country to lube our chains, and it was a really quick job to throw the bikes on the stand and life the rear wheel and do the chains. We got it down to a fine art as we travelled, but it did mean that every morning we ate our egg and bacon rolls with chain lube on our fingers. I find breakfast just isn't the same with clean hands.

There are these sort of things readily available on the internet. I don't have a photo of Bruce's one and he is away so I doubt he has one either, but other members have something similar. It isn't a bad compromise if that is all you are using it for. If you want a centre stand to help with your packing (making sure everything is square), that is a different story.
Heidi1 Wrote:Bruce has a brilliant travel stand that folds up to the size of a cigarette packet. We used it on our trip around the country to lube our chains, and it was a really quick job to throw the bikes on the stand and life the rear wheel and do the chains. We got it down to a fine art as we travelled, but it did mean that every morning we ate our egg and bacon rolls with chain lube on our fingers. I find breakfast just isn't the same with clean hands.

There are these sort of things readily available on the internet. I don't have a photo of Bruce's one and he is away so I doubt he has one either, but other members have something similar. It isn't a bad compromise if that is all you are using it for. If you want a centre stand to help with your packing (making sure everything is square), that is a different story.

im catching up with bruce soon as he wants some seat work done so i will pic his ear about it then lol ..........and i spent over n hour in ebay searching world wide for a centre stand there is 3,322 hayabusa items for sale lol i near went blind lol
Google - quick stand-
There are plenty of sites selling them for a variety of prices.LOL

here is the first I found so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

fantastic product.
BLACKZOOK Wrote:Google - quick stand-
There are plenty of sites selling them for a variety of prices.LOL

here is the first I found so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

fantastic product.

is that the same 1 you use ?? if not where did you get yours ?
Yep, that'd be the one! MAN it is familiar. I found the trick is not to forget to put the velcro strap on the front brake. The bike doesn't go anywhere, but the owner gets his cranky eyes on!
Heidi1 Wrote:Yep, that'd be the one! MAN it is familiar. I found the trick is not to forget to put the velcro strap on the front brake. The bike doesn't go anywhere, but the owner gets his cranky eyes on!

ok sweet i can order 1 in then good stuff
Hey love the quickstand - might make one at work next week :)

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Ozboc Wrote:Hey love the quickstand - might make one at work next week :)

Boc

yeah looks like a simple design
[attachment=5588][attachment=5589]
VCM Cycle seats Wrote:hey guys hope all is well. im just wondering if any 1 in the club has purchased a centre stands kit for the beloved busa and if so would like some feed back as im looking to purchase 1 for my busa.if so an you have any pics so i can see what it looks like please post them

cheers guys ride safe

I've got one fitted.
You have to undo the pipes to fit - not a 5 min job.
As you can see, yes you lose the belly pan. I played around with making one up that would fit. It looked great on the right but left didn't look quite right.
Have no cornering clearance issues and don't notice it whilst riding.

In hind sight, would get Bruce's little stand and not bother with the centrestand.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Ward P Wrote:
VCM Cycle seats Wrote:hey guys hope all is well. im just wondering if any 1 in the club has purchased a centre stands kit for the beloved busa and if so would like some feed back as im looking to purchase 1 for my busa.if so an you have any pics so i can see what it looks like please post them

cheers guys ride safe

I've got one fitted.
You have to undo the pipes to fit - not a 5 min job.
As you can see, yes you lose the belly pan. I played around with making one up that would fit. It looked great on the right but left didn't look quite right.
Have no cornering clearance issues and don't notice it whilst riding.

In hind sight, would get Bruce's little stand and not bother with the centrestand.

hey ward thats great where did u get the stand form?? i would like either stand the little stand would be good as i can retain the lower belly pan thanks for posting the pics helps heaps