turbo zx14 in wa
Hi Guys

There's a zx14 turbo now up and running in wa.

U Tube has some movies. 265hp at the wheels with a bald shinko on a dyno that reads low against all other dynos by about 15-20hp.

Let's hope the busas remain the hunted. Keeping in mind this is a registered street bike so Leonard's Quicksilver will always be the hunted and one hardest to catch.

Its a stage 1 kit from the states. Could be up to you Horndog being 1st dragger with a busa turbo.
REVIT13 Wrote:Hi Guys

U Tube has some movies. 265hp at the wheels with a bald shinko on a dyno that reads low against all other dynos by about 15-20hp.

Let's hope the busas remain the hunted. Keeping in mind this is a registered street bike so Leonard's Quicksilver will always be the hunted and one hardest to catch.

Its a stage 1 kit from the states. Could be up to you Horndog being 1st dragger with a busa turbo.

I look forward to the challenge, Mind you I still gotta actually get mine going yet so I wont talk too loudly yet
Undecided
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
i'm sure your getting close.
REVIT13 Wrote:Hi Guys

NICE!!!! Pi_thumbsup I love the ZX14, had a stocker that i was running 9.7s on. until some wanker stole it straight after the USA vs AUS Top Fuel Challenge meet in December last year Frown Violin
Good luck to your mate, hope to line him up on my Outlaw (i'll go easy cos i have a soft spot for the 14)
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
REVIT13 Wrote:i'm sure your getting close.

Should have my oil lines, BOV, Wastegate, Dump pipe flange and silicone couplers next week. Still need an FMU and fuel pump.

Bit more welding for Tony to do Lol2 turbo to plenum pipe work, exhaust dump pipe and header spigots.

Almost finished the re-wiring, should have it done by this weekend (hope it starts).
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
let us know when your about to fire it up.
the zx14 is currently being rebuilt. nos and wrong fuel mixture can do that.

the zx14 should be back for jan 30/31st drag meet and lining up against him should be horndog.

very jealous of the sound of these turbo's.
Nos and turbo can do that... enough heat and pressure in the cyls with a turbo to do all sorts of damage if its not just right and then add Nos .... no thanks..
i think its one or the other i prefer turbo
he ran nos prior to putting turbo on.

when he ran the turbo it was with the nos removed.

yes either combination can cause damage if not set up correctly.
Ok ..crossed wires there..
Sounds like he found out the weakest link
, hope its up and running again soon without costing too much
bike was running and doesn't sound very healthy after 1 pass at the drags.

suspect big end bearing so time will tell once pulled down again. bad news for owner who has spent the $$.

now looking to next season for him.

was really looking forward to seeing him finish the season well after 1st rebuild.
was a bearing but owner seems to have found some luck this time and will be out again for end of feb.
bike has new crank and being dynoed this sunday.

stock motor with std pistons running 7 to 8 psi.

what fuel does everyone recommend for drag racing?
bp ultimate 98.Very Happy. e85 runs pretty cool.