Mystery Busa Rider sought by damsel in distress
Champs Wrote:Ahhhhhhhh !!!! So now it all makes sense why Suzuki didn't deal with the gen 2 vibration at 4500rpm. Biker Bump In some circles they say it is worse (or perhaps that should read better) than the gen 1. A very inventive way of attracting the lady riders, but why isn't it in the marketing blurb? Wtf

Perhaps the phrase "Hayabusa... It'll bring tears to your pants" doesn't have the same universal appeal as "Hayabusa, the modern day Katana"? Undecided Very Happy
BUSGO Wrote:Nup.
Mini Cooper S is a drivers car. One of the best.
The cabrio is for the fairer sex.

("fairer sex" = either male or female of the softer persuasion)

Lol2 BUSGO!!! Very Happy I REFUSE to be put in the same category as a metro male! And having driven a Mini Cooper S I have to agree that there is an surprising amount of power there and a hell of a lot of fun when there's room to play. Funny enough a yummy mummy owned it...... actually the 3 others that I know who own one are ladies too. Real ones, make their own estrogen and everything.....Roll Unfortunately all but one drives it like a metro... :( But Mutha has a point,regardless it's still a car..... Handy when one is in the throws of retail therapy tho or if its raining, it also gives the dog somewhere to sit Lol3 So, it's a car and not a bike; yes. But it's my favourite type of car (sorry Champ, not a Lotus. Budget doesn't stretch quite that far. I've grown fond of eating, drinking and having a roof over my head!!!) and it'll do until I get a bike Very Happy

Cheeky, you really are kinky. You should definitely be in sales.....I'm in!!!
evilRasp Wrote:
The Damsel Wrote:The Damsel is off to a ball (well a music fest) so I'll catch you all later.

Hrm, music festival. Bets on a mass showing of Aus Busa Club members at a certain set of gardens? Pi_tongue

Ha Ha. You're onto me... I was the one down the front dancing.... Very Happy
XXX Wrote:Damsel I dont visit here very often anymore but this thread is an absolute corker .. May i suggest that you keep an eye out in the Riding not talking thread also for the next Brissy Beer and Bullshit ride to the Brekky Creek Hotel your mystery man just might show up there on any given Thursday night that they meet up. Good Luck in your quest

Thanks XXX. Yes they're a pretty intriguing bunch don't you think? It's actually a relief to know that I don't have ADHD after all and that I've just been around quiet, predictable, practical types since moving here. Pi_freak Well...there was this one night tho..... Pi_tongue Oh lord, then there was this other.....Roll

Thanks for the offer. Can do, as frequently dine at the Breaky Creek. It's within walking distance - both before and after Very Happy
Coolsmiley interesting thread this is!
This is indeed an intriguing thread - spiced by some excellent use of words and repartee.

My call is that the Busa rider in question may well have been suitably beguiled by the combination of driver and weapon and certainly showed interest (and courage) beyond the norm to take the time to pull over and indeed follow up with a conversation. I suspect said rider may well be keen to pursue the encounter further if circumstances permit (and I think they might indeed permit - as I'm not convinced a firmly attached male would necessarily go to these extra lengths ?).

I think the odds are in favour of a positive outcome for The Damsel if only the word can reach the right ears.

Good luck - even if you have to await a repeat chance encounter - intrigue and anticipation bring their own satisfaction.

2Bob
The Damsel Wrote:

Lol2 BUSGO!!! Very Happy I REFUSE to be put in the same category as a metro male! And having driven a Mini Cooper S I have to agree that there is an surprising amount of power there and a hell of a lot of fun when there's room to play. Funny enough a yummy mummy owned it...... actually the 3 others that I know who own one are ladies too. Real ones, make their own estrogen and everything.....Roll Unfortunately all but one drives it like a metro... :( But Mutha has a point,regardless it's still a car..... Handy when one is in the throws of retail therapy tho or if its raining, it also gives the dog somewhere to sit Lol3 So, it's a car and not a bike; yes. But it's my favourite type of car (sorry Champ, not a Lotus. Budget doesn't stretch quite that far. I've grown fond of eating, drinking and having a roof over my head!!!) and it'll do until I get a bike Very Happy

Damsel, am I right in thinking that I was on the money?
Its a shame the poor Mini Cooper S gets shoved in the same basket as the stock Mini or even the Cooper.
I know 4 other MCS owners and they are all males (to the best of my knowledge) & straight as.

A Cooper S is as near to a bike with walls that yu will find.
If you have to drive a car, you might as well drive one that can do what you want it to.
[attachment=4658]
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:A Cooper S is as near to a bike with walls that yu will find.

Scary

And here I was thinking something like a Caterham/Clubman/Atom style car, or a Lotus 211 or KTM X-Bow was closer to the same definition of crazy that makes us ride bikes Pi_tongue
cheeky Wrote:yeayessssssss mutha you calledBoobies4
okies my guess what damsel drives is either a wrx scooby doo(subaru) or lancer evo..
or perhaps a gogo mobilie.....hehehe g...o.gg ..ooo
baby i gotta get you on the 2 wheels..i drive v8s but you cant beat the feeling of 200hp between your thighs..it twitches special thingsDroolCoffee2 -insert ciggy here-
busgo ..no need for cold shower baby

Hey Cheeky my name is simmo not ciggy Lol2

Maybe Busgo is on the money with the mini Confused
BUSGO Wrote:
The Damsel Wrote:

Its a shame the poor Mini Cooper S gets shoved in the same basket as the stock Mini or even the Cooper.
I know 4 other MCS owners and they are all males (to the best of my knowledge) & straight as.

If you have to drive a car, you might as well drive one that can do what you want it to.

I don't know Busgo....My WRX would give the cooper s a shake through any twisties!!! probably even round up a few Busa's on the way Popcorn
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
GO300 Wrote:This is indeed an intriguing thread - spiced by some excellent use of words and repartee.

My call is that the Busa rider in question may well have been suitably beguiled by the combination of driver and weapon and certainly showed interest (and courage) beyond the norm to take the time to pull over and indeed follow up with a conversation. I suspect said rider may well be keen to pursue the encounter further if circumstances permit (and I think they might indeed permit - as I'm not convinced a firmly attached male would necessarily go to these extra lengths ?).

I think the odds are in favour of a positive outcome for The Damsel if only the word can reach the right ears.

Good luck - even if you have to await a repeat chance encounter - intrigue and anticipation bring their own satisfaction.

2Bob

Good Morning Very Happy One can only hope that you are correct 2Bob. He did seem quite hesitant to leave when the time came - but once again it could have been the car! However, from his actions and the conversation I think you're right - both it is.

I really was flustered (dealing with that alone was an experience - I usually don't get flustered) that morning and it was me that had him on his way. I think he wanted to go grab a coffee right there and then! I definitely would have loved that - he had gotten my attention fully (please excuse me for a moment while I go and kick myself for not being more with it that morning..... again.....)

Mystery Biker, if you're reading this - if that muscle bound lug of a guy wasn't racing up to my car to protect me I wouldn't have been so distracted and I would have been able to use my bloody phone to tell him to bugger off!!!! Very Happy I was trying to text him as we spoke to do just that, but damn, he was fast!! And then, right on cue, my phone goes into mental mode.... I think I hung up on about 3 people, conference called London, surfed the net and created a new excel spreadsheet in the short time we were pulled over. IT DIDN'T HELP MY SITUATION!!!! Lol2

Wasn't happy about seeing you ride off and it was at this stage my brain finally hit top gear. What you don't know is that about 1-2 minutes later after I'd explained briefly what had happened to my passenger, we abandoned coffee, did a very cheeky u-turn and gave chase. But you were gone :( He's still apologising..... Very Happy

There are a lot of people reading this thread and I'm really surprised by the amount of interest and support. Maybe, just maybe, we'll locate this Mystery Biker after all.... Thanks everyone - you've been great. It has certainly taken the sting out of putting myself so 'out there'.

Cheers
The Damsel
humbussa Wrote:
BUSGO Wrote:
The Damsel Wrote:

I don't know Busgo....My WRX would give the cooper s a shake through any twisties!!! probably even round up a few Busa's on the way Popcorn

Whoa Humbussa! BIG statement! Believe that's called hitting a beehive with a big stick Roll

Busgo, not a MCS or any sort of Mini for that matter. A few husbands had something to do with the choice of my friends cars.... Very Happy You don't see my type of car around that often, tho there are a few others in Brisvegas.

WRX hey? Nice!
humbussa Wrote:I don't know Busgo....My WRX would give the cooper s a shake through any twisties!!! probably even round up a few Busa's on the way Popcorn

You're right on the rounding up bike thing :) Good set of rubber, a half way competent driver, and rounding up bikes is child's play in the twisties with an Impreza (even an RS/RX). The only place they get away is on the straights, but corner speed is so much higher in a car that the bike simply can't escape.

Although for rush factor, my Subie just doesn't compare to either of my bikes.
I think we need a new discussion for the "boring car" twistie lovers.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
XXX Wrote:Damsel I dont visit here very often anymore but this thread is an absolute corker .. May i suggest that you keep an eye out in the Riding not talking thread also for the next Brissy Beer and Bullshit ride to the Brekky Creek Hotel your mystery man just might show up there on any given Thursday night that they meet up. Good Luck in your quest

or maybe she could come along on the weekend overnighter
theres bound to be a spare seat

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue