Sydney - Barrista, Beer, Babes 'n Bull Meetings
I'm nominating the safest bet... Rose Hill Maccas... 5:30pm (becasue it gets cold and dark quickly now), so we can have a cuppa and a chat, and still go home for dinner...

Hooters?
Somewhere else, Strathfield, etc...?

I'm open to suggestions, but WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING as our meetings post is sliding down the list and may...

...end up on page 2!!!

Who's in?
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Hey Ruffy

Just having a quick lurk, have you taken your wheels off to be polished? What did they cost? Where did you get them done and what kind of quality did you get?

Cheers

HEIDi <i></i>
You can also try the guys at Penrith Custom Metal Polishing (02)4731 4072. <i>Edited by: Mazzick at: 14/7/06 5:49 pm
</i>
Heidi - The guys who did them was Don from Eastern Creek Motorcycle Wreckers in Arndell Park - 02 9622 8485

He had them for a week and I'm very happy with the result - he removes the tyres and rebalances them when he is finished plus he resprayed the centre hub and spokes for no extra $$ (Gunmetal Grey) but I'm sure he would do any colour you like.

Costs are $300 from the edge to the first ripple in the middle of the wheel

$470 for everything except the spokes - which is what I had done.

$700 for the whole wheel - spokes are done by hand which is time consuming.

Have a look in the club member photos for the larger shot - it really gives the bike a lift - and makes the wheels look wider it's well worth the $470 and much cheaper than replacing them.

Throw on some alloy valve stems!

If you are interested - just tell him that John with the red busa sent you and he will look after you.

Cheers

<i></i>
I contacted the guys at Penrith about a year ago. I think they quoted $375 each for the complete polish, but you have to take the wheel in without a tyre...

Oi.

Anyone coming out for a cuppa?
Chunky/Kitmark, maybe we should stick to yeeros...
Yeah I only got the outside of the rims done for approx $170 for both wheels and no need to respray the rims - nice job too. A few other guys quoted me a lot more and thats with having to get the rims painted again afterwards - they said it was too difficult to polish without damaging the paint on the spokes.

Pays to shop around.

Now the thread can get back to riding !

Cheers

<i>Edited by: Mazzick at: 15/7/06 7:56 am
</i>
Pan - what in the world is a yeeros and what do you do with it? (is it a lamb sandwich with garlic sauce?) They have a effect on me and I fell a little afterwards

Where and when on Thurs night am I going to try one!

Ruffy <i></i>
Okay, here's the deal.

For all you newbies to yeeros (actually, I think Ruffy is the only one to not have tasted a real Marrickville heavenly yeeros yet!)...

Meet at Rose Hill Maccas at 5:30pm, leave at 5:45pm...

Meet at The Yeeros Shop, on Illawarra Road, Marrickville (near the corner of Warren Road) at 6:30pm.

Chunky, Kitmark, can I rely on you two to be there so I'm eating alone?

Ruffy, you've made it to Redfern; Marrickville is even closer!

Anyone else in?
Hope i can make it, if work doesnt hold me back!
Feel the force. ANGGI

<i></i>
Yeeros still on tomorrow night? Just checked the weather says rain!!!
Feel the force. ANGGI

<i></i>
I'm going, even if it's raining... as long as someone else does too...

Anggi, bring your new car if it's raining...
Come on Sydney peoples...
Clouds have parted and the sun's out, despite the weatherman's pessimistic predictions.

Plan is as previously mentioned:

Meet at Rose Hill Maccas at 5:30pm, leave at 5:45pm...
(so far there will be me and Stock06 there...)

Meet at The Yeeros Shop, on Illawarra Road, Marrickville (near the corner of Warren Road) at 6:30pm...
(so far there will also be Neil [ex Busa], Chunky, Kitmark and Ruffy there...)

"sometimes crime does pay"<i>Edited by: pan&nbsp; at: 25/7/06 4:12 pm
</i>
Not tonight been in Newcastle all day (met up with Busgo had 5 or 6 with him for lunch had a quick spin with him of about 200kms around trip (hope you still have a job that 24 hr Flu but is real bad AAA

Not next week I'll be in Melbourne
Maybe the week after if my passport arrives in time
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>
Top night. Good food too!

Stock06
Pan
Ruffy
Chunkylover
Kitmark
Kawasuki
...and guest appearance with his Peugot Scooter, Neil, the now-married, ex-Busa owner.

We even parked in a Bus Zone, and (can you believe it???) didn't bring a camera. Was someone taking pics? Who had a camera?

Neil, when you left we could hear you for about a minute, though the smell of petrol fumes was still there after 5 minutes...

Awesome!

Hey pan.... don't worry about the lack of camera's... if you were parked in a Bus Zone, the RTA might have taken a couple of snaps for you. Could even possibly be on their way to you as we speak. Luckily, with all the bling you've got, they are probably too blurred to read.... The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i>Edited by: AstroBusa at: 26/7/06 12:32 am
</i>