Who does what and do you enjoy it?
I am a train driver on an urban line in greece/athens..
It was a lot of fun in the beginning......It is ok now after 5 years.Trains are allmost full automatic,some things happen ocasionaly and in general if you'll stick to the rulls book you are going to be fine.Nice occupation.
I spend a lot of time in designing stuff that i hope will i produce one day..
Office of Film Censorship and Classification - Free movies of all descriptions.

Roll Roll Roll
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
truck driver for patrick port logistics.love been on the road either in the truck or on the busa.been driving for 16 years an wouldnt change.Clap
Busdriver Wrote:Office of Film Censorship and Classification - Free movies of all descriptions.

Roll Roll Roll

Now that's a nice one!
I am what is known as a Network Controller. Probably more commonly known as a Train Controller. I am responsible for both train operations and monitoring what contractors are working on track at any specific time. Pretty good pay, but not a fan of the shift work.
Yes
Join the navy mate, i get an amount i won;t tell here and i really dont do that much...
I resigned from the job here in Melb. Been here 2yrs. (Construction Company).
I'm moving back to Brisbane to start with Parsons Brinkerhoff.(EPCM) But don't start til Jan 09.

Money is rediculously HUGE in construction ATM. & will be for a few yrs to come. So I figure I may as well make it while I can. + PB are world wide, so when it dries up here I can possibly stay with them & go somewhere else.......

Oh & my actual job is estimating. Currently the Ntl Estimating Mgr for McConnell Dowell Constructors.
New position will be Ntl Mechanical Lead Estimator. Responsible for the Structural / Mechanical input to all bids done in Au. I will have 13 people under me spread around the country.
Matt i got refused entry to one defense force why would another want me hahaha.

Louwai unfortunatly i got a few to go in this industry before i can even contemplate becoming an estimator never mind the national manager hahaha
Regards

Dan
Carpenter
Money sucks but covers my meagre lifestylePi_tongue
thought about carpentry and decided id have to wait till im debt free to do that as apprentice carpenters only get about $350 a week last time i looked i cant afford to pay loans and live on that sorta money
Regards

Dan
Im a carpenter had own building company in sydney hated it. now 15yrs in roads and traffic authority as team leader carpenter on roads (10yrs) timber bridges(5yrs) also work place assessor.I get to go all over nsw in RTA vehicles or if I want my busa in good weather all paid for.Luv it(sometimes).
rta always seemed like a very .......relaxed atmosphere when i ever i used to go for meetings. i was very tempted to apply for a nice little job at the saphire coast council as a tech officer working in the public works section. was pretty piss poor money but was a beautiful spot and housing is cheap down that way. plus the roads to go riding on around that area just give me wood!
Regards

Dan
Student paramedic, get paid to work and learn. Shift work - but hey some days its great, others well you earn your lunch. Having an absolute ball and should of done this sooner! Money oh yeah not too bad considering, the penalties, shift $ etc all add up. But I think not a lot of places are training on the job now.

Boilermaker to start with then moved into Quality Assurance in Manufacturing industry, then tertiary education QA.... then Ambulance communications taking 000 calls and now running loose on road.
Oh Personal Training can be fun too..... all that 'hands on' guidance.
I make wear bars for the mining industry we was called pac mining (piss ant company) but cqms (central queensland mining supply) now own us, the money is great but work long hours on arvo shift and sit on our ass most of the time sleeping so cant bitch bout that!