Which Rotors ???????????????????
Hi Guys,

I would like to change my front brake rotors - I can get the stock standard once for around $ 200/- delivered or I can pick any of the below.

Can you all suggest based on your exp, if the below rotors are good, great or shit (i.e. China Make).

All of the prices are off of ebay.com and in USD. kindly recommend if there is any inexpensive local source which I can use.

Choices
1: EBC Pro-Lite Front Rotor - $ 364 + Shipping.

2: China make - $ 210 Shipped

3: Starrotors.com - Front Brake Rotors - $ 451 Shipped

4: GALFER FRONT WAVE ROTORS - $ 510 + Shipping

Cheers,

Bill
I have the EBC but did not like the EBC pads so i replace with a set from kawasuki wich im happy with set up now
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Personally speaking I dont see the point of getting anything better then the OEM's which I picked up for about US$120+freight a pair. Unless.....

Getting hi quality or expensive rotors cannot do the job alone but would need good calipers like Brembo and Brembo master cylinder and braided lines. Then quality rotors come into its own and makes a significant improvement on braking then the OEM setup. And all this will be quite costly. But to get top rotors with the rest of setup OEM, in my opinion a waste of dollars.

You have to choose down which road you go, some members here have spent as much as $2000 for a good brake setup, but you cant have half measures. Braking is only as good as its weakest link.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Volvi Wrote:You have to choose down which road you go, some members here have spent as much as $2000 for a good brake setup, but you cant have half measures. Braking is only as good as its weakest link.

Having recently done it, it's a very slippery slope. Unless you're buying the rotors for looks alone start with braided lines, pads then consider the rotors. If they're still not good enough, that's when you start considering the master cylinder and calipers. The default 6 pot calipers aren't the best on the market, but they're definitely not bad. How far you go also does depend on your application and your riding style.

The upgrade was worth every single cent and bit of pain involved with the feeding and care. I can out-brake most superbikes and supersports from over 270 kph into a first gear corner using two fingers dirt bike style. It's awesome fun watching bikes charge off the track into the kitty litter when they've used me as a braking reference Fatman
Yeah good point, unless you are going to race I think the stockers are more than enough after you put braided lines on - if its just for looks then anything will do heh - would skip the cheap china ones though.
Egos; everyone got one
and i have braided lines which was the first mod for brakes
Only good if you want to stop Undecided
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I,ve incrementally improved my brakes and i agree at each stage another part becomes the weakest link.However if your rotors need replacing i do see a benefit in replacing them with aftermarket.The reason being the factory discs are extremely hard,have a low cooficient of friction and rust very little.To improve their bite you really need metal pads which then accelerate their wear.The stock busa brakes are crap and the 08 brakes are only a bit better mainly because the radial mount caliper is a stiffer caliper than the 6 pot tokico.If you need to replace discs take the opportunity to fit non oem and you,ll discover improved bite,feel and power for the same lever pressure.Depending on the rotor material you may then be able to use organic pads which do have less cold grip,wear out a little quicker but give a beautiful smooth feel and great power with a little heat and a pad that doesn,t glaze and go wooden with light use.Good brakes are something you can enjoy at all roads speeds as less lever effort and great feel once experienced are almost as addictive as horsepower and you can easily spend alot if good brakes pushes your buttons.I,ve spent lots as they do it for me.Good brakes are like light wheels you can ride faster for longer with less effort.
I got the China ones. They are at least as good as OEM. I've done several track days, use them every day to and from work...

Had them almost a year. No warping, no cracks. I can't fault them. I know of at least 3 others that have them and all have no complaints.

They'e a bit like Shinko tyres. The only people that seem to criticise them are people that have never ridden a bike with them. Coolsmiley
pan Wrote:I got the China ones. They are at least as good as OEM. I've done several track days, use them every day to and from work...

Had them almost a year. No warping, no cracks. I can't fault them. I know of at least 3 others that have them and all have no complaints.

They'e a bit like Shinko tyres. The only people that seem to criticise them are people that have never ridden a bike with them. Coolsmiley

I've been guilty of fobbing them off as crap imitations but after reading this i may reconsider. Thanks for the feedback
jzbusa Wrote:
pan Wrote:I got the China ones. They are at least as good as OEM. I've done several track days, use them every day to and from work...

I've been guilty of fobbing them off as crap imitations but after reading this i may reconsider. Thanks for the feedback

Yeah, it would be interesting to know where the big name brands (i.e GALFER etc) are actually made? Probably China !. The difference more than likely being quality control.
Photobucket
bgaheer Wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to change my front brake rotors - I can get the stock standard once for around $ 200/- delivered or I can pick any of the below.

Can you all suggest based on your exp, if the below rotors are good, great or shit (i.e. China Make).

All of the prices are off of ebay.com and in USD. kindly recommend if there is any inexpensive local source which I can use.

Choices
1: EBC Pro-Lite Front Rotor - $ 364 + Shipping.

2: China make - $ 210 Shipped

3: Starrotors.com - Front Brake Rotors - $ 451 Shipped

4: GALFER FRONT WAVE ROTORS - $ 510 + Shipping

Cheers,

Bill

Now if u want something that works
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=9850
[/quote]

Now if u want something that works
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=9850
[/quote]

Smitten loved the bike - the brakes, the wheels, the tank, Ray I just felt that you have SFun_kickingroin kicked on my balls.

Mate I have a Strong finance minister Knuppel2 and 2 big exp accounts, I couldnt affort the mods even in my dreams.....but love to watch you blinging your bike with the right stuff Trophy

Keep up the good work Trophy
Cheers,

Bill
[Image: Frontdisc1.jpg]
Smitten Idiot2
[Image: BlingdiscsF.jpg]
Idiot2 Smitten Idiot2
[Image: Doitforthegroupies.jpg]
GiddyUp, if thats a sig pic below the line it will have to be reduced to conform with everyone else here which has a max height of 100.

Also same message goes to Castagear. And any other pics in sig to be alongside and not above, and any text preferred alongside tho knowing this may be difficult to to do we'll accept a line or 2 of text above or below pic.

we may have been a bit lax of late in pointing this out, but will have to every now and then remind people.

Please tend to them.

Thx
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.