Ride for ACT/NSW on Saturday the 7th of October
I'm just going to follow max, he has a pretty good sense of direction. <i></i>
Be warned the ride from Stanwell tops to the Gong is BLOODY slow thanks to all the tourists, particularly the new bridge section its normally 30-40 kph.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
Well... if you're going to be in Bowral anyway at about grub time, why not just make Bowral the lunch destination... scoot down the Illawarra from there, do a circuit and meet back at Bowral for an arvo-tea before hot-footing it back to home destinations.

(Guess who's staying in Bowral this weekend ???)

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i>Edited by: AstroBusa at: 3/10/06 8:40 pm
</i>
So Sydney riders, are we meeting at Bowral around lunchtime? Heidi and Mark, I think we just follow the signs guys - to Bowral, the Sydney siders can lead from there, we'll just slow down for them.

Max
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
Any riders who smoke going on this ride?

You guys can light 'em up at the turn offs while I catch up so I know which way you all went. <i></i>
Canberra Riders,
how long to Bowral? 2.5hrs? How about we leave at 09.00 sharp from Heidi's place? No pressure girl , that should see us out of Canberra before 0930 and into Bowral by around 12.00. Just a suggestion. Budriver, You'll be fine, just tag along at the 120kph and we'll all arrive together.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
<i></i>
Hi. If that's your plan you may miss the rest of us...

We (Sydney people) are (mostly) meeting at Heathcote (southern Sydney suburb) at 9:30 ish and heading down the coast.

We've already posted (here and on two other sites) that we're ultimately meeting at the Kiama blow hole (regardless of where people are coming from) at 12 for a 12:30 departure to eat somewhere all together...

"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Sorry Pan,
I thought Bowral was the target for you guys, sorry I had better learn to read opne of these days, I went back through the messages and it is as plain as day - bugger Kiama blowhole was the rendeavous. Is the blowhole signposted?

Canberra guys, we had better leave a little earlier - 0830 at Heidi's place.

Max
<i>Edited by: Max&nbsp; at: 5/10/06 1:31 am
</i>
Astro, will you have a bike or do you have other activities planned? <i></i>
Will it be a problem if I am still in my jammies? <i></i>
Dunno mate, but your cheecks will get very cold if you ride like that in the morning at this time of year in Canberra

Max
<i></i>
Seems to be a little bit of confusion amongst some of the Canberra Navigators as to where this ride actually goes to.

The Sydney guys, if they come thru the park and down to the 'Gong don't go near Bowral. The Canberra riders really don't need to go to Bowral as we can turn off at Moss Vale and head down the escarpment into the back/bottom of the 'Gong (Shell Harbour ish) and then down to Kiama.

In answer to Max's question, the Blow Hole is sign posted.

I have posted a link which provides a zoomable and scrollable map so the "Navigators" can see where we need to go. (No use us winding up in West Wyalong)

www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/nsw/capitalcountry/southhighlands/map

Regards to all,

Busdriver <i></i>
I won't be able to get down there for this run but for the ACT riders, I suggest you head out through Bundanoon and on to Robertson and then down the Jambaroo National park road to Kiama. (Take care narrow windy road)

AN AWESOME RIDE.....!

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Jambaroo Mtn rd just out of Robertson looks interesting...any know if it's a terrible backroad worth taking direct from Robertson down to Kiama?

Also I've only followed the leader once, at night to Heidi abode - request PM for address pls or I will just sit at AMpol/caltex whatever it is on the roundabout Watson fed hwy. <i>Edited by: monyx at: 5/10/06 11:05 am
</i>
That, Jambaroo Mt road, is the one I recommended Monyx.
It is narrow and tight through the national park section be extemely scenic and a good surface.
The best way to Kiama from Robertson.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>