AMCN Busa vs. B-King test
Had a look at the new edition of AMCN yesterday and in it there's a road test between the new Busa and B-King.

Makes for very interesting reading - apparently the B-King is quicker than the Busa (off the mark at least).

It's sure to put the cat amongst the pigeons and might ruffle the feathers of a few Busa owners I suspect.

BTW really great issue this week - the road test plus a list of some of Australia's best roads plus a preview of the MotoGP season.
I'm gonna have to buy the issue now...

Any indication as to why? ie. weight?

150kph would be just into second gear? But I wonder how well the busa pulls away from the B-King after that...
Licence Back!
I would imagine it would have to do with the re-tune of the B-King engine for more torque and possibly lower gearing? Sounds like a good article to read tho... I'll have to buy it too.
Just re-read the article...

It doesn't actually mention at what speed the Busa begins to catch up and overtake (must have pulled that 150kph figure from something else I read Confused)

But the B-King is definitely quicker off the mark.

Also when doing roll ons at both 100kph and 130kph in 6th, the B-King also pulls away for a certain period of time as well (for how long it doesn't say).

My apologies - bet I had some of you looking at the B-King in a whole different light but! Lol3
Obviously a gearing issue but then who cares, them b queens are f*#king ugly bikes

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
fatmanFatman
Speed Demon Wrote:Obviously a gearing issue but then who cares, them b queens are f*#king ugly bikes

Sounds to me like another slow busa rider crying its not fair I want the fastest bike. Sure you have top end but when do you ever get there.
God bless suzuki for the B King [attachment=3220]
timmi8u Wrote:fatmanFatman
Speed Demon Wrote:Obviously a gearing issue but then who cares, them b queens are f*#king ugly bikes

Sounds to me like another slow busa rider crying its not fair I want the fastest bike. Sure you have top end but when do you ever get there.
God bless suzuki for the B King

dont forget to mention that the b king actually stops too, unlike the busa.....
brooksy Wrote:
timmi8u Wrote:fatmanFatman

God bless suzuki for the B King

dont forget to mention that the b king actually stops too, unlike the busa.....

Or fall down in the middle of tight slow turns. Good donor motor :)
[attachment=3221]

Jokes I loved the busa until the b king was crowned!
For a longer, less powerfull, unfaired, heavier bike,
I dont think the B-King come up too bad against a Busa.

On the roads I was on yesterday, I used the Busa,
but I wasn't any quicker. Hard to see 250+ in the hills and twistys.
B-King would have been just as much fun.
I haven't read the artical yet but will be having a read but all I can say to Timmi8u is that what is written in a book is completely different to what us mere mortals think and can do, it all comes down to the rider to which bike will be quicker on the day.
Maybe if we geared the busa the same as the B King it might be a different ball game as this does make a big difference.
I would imagin that the B King would be like the Bandit a serious fun machine but bigger and better.
If the B King guys want to go on about another slow busa rider well I think they need to put their money where their month is and see if they can get the B King down the strip as quick as the busa guys have already proven.
Get them to the drag strip I say, but I think I know what bike will win.
Rev004 Wrote:If the B King guys want to go on about another slow busa rider well I think they need to put their money where their month is and see if they can get the B King down the strip as quick as the busa guys have already proven.

Well said.

Im keen to give mine a go.
I found the Busa much easyier to launch dispite being shorter,
must be because my weight was more over the front ?

I ran a few 1.7 60-foot's on the Busa, but that was stock with full height and normal street presure in the tyres, i'd be very suprised if I could do it on the BK.

Having said that there are a couple of folk running in the 9 on stock
standard BK's, one (Bec) in Brissy.

Woody's Turbo BK has seen over 400 on the dyno, last i was told its
in for a few more engine mods and a long arm before it hits the strip.

Tony.J.
Speedzalot Wrote:Get them to the drag strip I say, but I think I know what bike will win.

I think it would be a pretty mixed result.

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=9722&page=2

The difference in riders more than in the bikes.

Just my opinion.

Tony.J.
Gearing for 08 busa & B King are same
18/43 by suzuki sales catalogue
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
TheShredder Wrote:Gearing for 08 busa & B King are same
18/43 by suzuki sales catalogue

What about the gearing in the gearbox, I got the impression from one of the guys over here in WA that the gearing through the box is different.