What happens when you lose the key on a ride!
Mad story!
Pi_thumbsup

Hmm,hotwired busa.
Nice!
Is it hard?

lol
Speed Demon Wrote:With any luck in 5-10years hopefully they'll have something like fingerprint activation and totally do away with all this getting keys coded and shit

Finger print ignition is already available.If you recall the concept B-king had it in 2001,even lap tops have the same, so do some doorlocks at bunnings.I think that in Aus technology is a "bit delayed" due to our previous goverments but Im assuming that they will be on some bikes in 09
Lost the key to my disc lock once - in the middle of nowhere - locked to bike !! never used one since
Pommie Wrote:
jessie928 Wrote:i dont wanto do this again, so we donot take the scenic route and i pray to god that Busra can get home 320km's on 1 tank of gas ( even though she is running like a pig ( need new pump and injector clean) and slamming down the unleaded fast.

I got a spare pump if yur interested. Send me a pm

thanks for the offer bloke, but i am going to scrap the original pump and put in a FMU and a Bosch 044 pump Very Happy

Jes
NEMESIS Wrote:Mad story!
Pi_thumbsup

Hmm,hotwired busa.
Nice!
Is it hard?

lol

Very Happy

as long as you have a 100ohm resistor handy its easy..hehehehe
""after 2km's the bikes splutters and grinds to a halt.... i think what could be the issue, kinked lines perhaps?
NOPE, fuel petcock left in off position.. :), fix that issue aswell, ( user error) ""

What fuel petcock?????? never seen a fuel tap on a busa!!!!!!

Made up crock methinks, wouldnt even start if there was no fuel in the system. no pressure=no injection
tomrux Wrote:What fuel petcock?????? never seen a fuel tap on a busa!!!!!!

Made up crock methinks, wouldnt even start if there was no fuel in the system. no pressure=no injection

Tom the 99 /00 tanks with the external pumps had a tap but not with a handle as such .
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
jessie928 Wrote:thanks for the offer bloke, but i am going to scrap the original pump and put in a FMU and a Bosch 044 pump Very HappyJes

Jes the 044 pump is only for a big hp turbo bike to bike for stock

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
tomrux Wrote:""after 2km's the bikes splutters and grinds to a halt.... i think what could be the issue, kinked lines perhaps?
NOPE, fuel petcock left in off position.. :), fix that issue aswell, ( user error) ""

What fuel petcock?????? never seen a fuel tap on a busa!!!!!!

hi mate
sounds like you dont know busa's
they do indeed have a fuel petcock on early models with the external pump. ;)

and they do start and run with the petcock on the " off" position, indeed for about 2km's :)

Jes
TheShredder Wrote:
jessie928 Wrote:thanks for the offer bloke, but i am going to scrap the original pump and put in a FMU and a Bosch 044 pump Very HappyJes

shane

hi mate, i will be aiming for about 280hp. will the 040 do the trick?
i wanto upgrade the fuel system before i bolt anything else on. I thought if i set the baseline on the FMU to standard it would be ok for a while till i turbo it.

JEs
jessie928 Wrote:
TheShredder Wrote:

shane

hi mate, i will be aiming for about 280hp. will the 040 do the trick?
i wanto upgrade the fuel system before i bolt anything else on. I thought if i set the baseline on the FMU to standard it would be ok for a while till i turbo it.

JEs
Jes have a look at the bosch 910, its lots of capacity for what you want and it lasts well in the high pressure enviroment of a FMU system, and yes the FMU works fine no boost no turbo but i would leave the reference port disconnected as the high rate of rise also works in reverse for vac
jessie928 Wrote:
NEMESIS Wrote:Mad story!
Pi_thumbsup

Hmm,hotwired busa.
Nice!
Is it hard?

lol

Very Happy

as long as you have a 100ohm resistor handy its easy..hehehehe

Oh nice one, touche Beer
And I thought it was a question: What happens when you lose the key on a ride?
Not a statement: What happens when you lose the key on a ride!

Great story, an not how it would have ended for me...
1300hayabusa Wrote:
Speed Demon Wrote:With any luck in 5-10years hopefully they'll have something like fingerprint activation and totally do away with all this getting keys coded and shit

Finger print ignition is already available.If you recall the concept B-king had it in 2001,even lap tops have the same, so do some doorlocks at bunnings.I think that in Aus technology is a "bit delayed" due to our previous goverments but Im assuming that they will be on some bikes in 09

There are a couple of issues with fingerprint recognition that might not make them user friendly on a bike. Firstly, if you damage your finger (even as much as a scratch) they won't recognise you. A new owner needs a new pad. Every time you leave the bike to be serviced, you need to leave your finger with it. If it stalls in traffic, you'll have gloves on. Might make for a tricky situation. If the pad becomes marked or damaged - no read. I had this on a laptop once. Nice idea but not practical.

As an alternative, we might have a keypad and a pin number? With a bit of luck Suzuki could build in an ATM and it could spit out money>
Astrobusa Wrote:I had this on a laptop once. Nice idea but not practical.

Yeah, it can be programmed for multiple fingers, but some times if my fingers are even a bit grubby, I have 4-5 goes and end up typing the password instead.