Adventure busa
Gday
Just wondering what people have done their busas to make them more rider friendly (or just better) for long trips? what panniers are you guys using?
On my first busa I had an MRA double bubble screen, a Vista cruise control, tank bra and a Ventura rack with 54 litre expandable bag.
That setup did me for solo riding for up to 2 weeks on the road at a time.
If I knew that a long distance trip was approaching, I'd put Bridgy BT020 tyres on as well.
The new Metzeler Z6 or M3 tyres are nearly as good for distance but stick a bit better.
Also had a Ventura headlight protector on.
Click on the image for full size photo.
[attachment=2315]
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I know that there are a lot of other long distance riders out there.
Please show us your kitted bikes.
Regards BUSGO
Here is mine setup for two.

[attachment=2316]

I now have a double bubble screen and headlight protector which is a must for any long distance travel and I run the Metzler Z6's front and back

Beer
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
Heres my O5 , Corbin panniers , "Sheepyhollow " sheepskin seat cover , double bubble screen and headlight protector. I also have a Bagster tankcover and bag
[Image: wetbusa.jpg]
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Looks like only red/black bikes can go the distance !
jzbusa Wrote:Looks like only red/black bikes can go the distance !

The others are too busy polishing there

Bikes Ghastly
[Image: photo3.jpg]
I just did a 2 up 3000km run to Sydney & back with a lot of "via's" along the way on a dead stock Copper, (except for a K & N & braided brake lines) with nothing but a 50L Ventura bag & rack & a rad guard. A double bubble screen would've been nice but I reckon they spoil the lines a bit. It's fine under 130km/h with a good helmet, anyhow a double bubble wouldn't help the Mrs on the back. Who said a Busa aint a tourer? I must admit though, a pair of Corbin seats are on the shopping list & I probably should consider one of those ugly stick on headlight protectors. Anyone selling either?..

LOAFIE Wrote:
jzbusa Wrote:Looks like only red/black bikes can go the distance !

The others are too busy polishing there

Bikes :Ghastly
Ventura headlight protectors at most bike shops for about $45.
Better than a few hundred for a replacement I reckon.
Mine has saved the light at least once.
Regards BUSGO
Bagster, Ventura rack & bags, Sheepskin on the way to PI 07. Have to admit one 6 hr stint (10min fuel stop only) didn't do the neck any favours behind oem screen.
[attachment=2348]
Loaded & on the road
Louwai Wrote:Loaded & on the road

that is crazy.......
That is a bit of a load for a solo trip but you should see what Cowboy gets up to when he goes away with his partner.
Regards BUSGO
You've got a fair bit of stuff there mate. Are you packed for a month on the road or a high speed drug run???

I nornally have the Ventura rack on the back, also have the side bags but the last time that I used those was on the RF900 and ground a part of them away on the road from Pambula to Bombala about five years ago on the way to WSB.
I have a magnetic tank bag, but there are two things to watch out for with them. Firstly they can scratch your tank if you are not careful, and secondly, if you have your wallet in it, make sure it is in the top compartment or none of your cards will work at the next servo.
I have the raised screen just to make it a bit more comfortable. And lastly I have the rider and pillion wooly bot bot seat covers - they definately make a difference. Only thing can think of now is to get a K1200GT, but I would not get rid of the Hayabusa.
Louwai Wrote:Loaded & on the road

That photo was taken when I moved from Brisbane to Melbourne.
My wife & car wern't relocating for another 3mths, so I've got 3mths of gear + my work stuff in there.