Canberrans Sips Again
Anybody know where I can buy a set of Conti Road Attacks in Canberra?

Thanks in advance...
Try Gecko Motorcycles in Fyshwick, they usually have all the latest tyres in stock. Had Pilot Road 2CT months ago when no one else did. Give em a go, also you get a free dyno run with each tyre purchase.

saracen Wrote:Anybody know where I can buy a set of Conti Road Attacks in Canberra?

Thanks in advance...
copperjosh Wrote:Try Gecko Motorcycles in Fyshwick, they usually have all the latest tyres in stock. Had Pilot Road 2CT months ago when no one else did. Give em a go, also you get a free dyno run with each tyre purchase.

saracen Wrote:Anybody know where I can buy a set of Conti Road Attacks in Canberra?

Thanks in advance...

Thanx Copper, they can order them in $200 120 Front and $299 190 rear. To easy...
copperjosh Wrote:10.85! HAHAHAHAHA Yep, with a sleeping rider.

Man, you got some dud figures there. Do your research, the 14 has run a string of 9.7's BONE STOCK on numerous occasions.

I have left several gixxer thou's behind like they were standing still & a 750....you gotta be joking, they are SLOW

Go do some light reading, your facts are rubbish

Confused Last I knew all comparison times are valid if they're conducted under the same conditions. These times, whilst not the best times, are comparison times conducted under the same conditions. No rubbish facts there, just one rubbish bike.Coolsmiley

And if you can do a 9.7 on your not so bone stock zx-condom then ..... well nothing need be said coz that just ain't going to happen.

Is there a charity for "I wanna ride a busa but all I got was this Kumansukme blinker dropper" ?Confused
Yep, what source is this from??? link? magazine? and even if its a valid source, the rider is rubbish. Your average journo's have run 9's on these stock with a few passes. As i said, do your research.

Ricky Gadson has run both the 08 zx-14 & 08 busa repeatedly down the strip stock & has achieved 9.3's on both bikes! They are both incredibly powerful bikes & the difference between them is negligible. The 08 busa has a minor edge in stock trim but its really down to who has the most money for aftermarket mods.

The zx12 was rubbish, not the 14. If I had the money right now, i'd have both the 14 & the busa. You guys should be grateful for the competition from the 14 since its likely the busa would not have been updated if the pressure hadn't increased.

I'll still beat you all in a drag race...willing to prove it anytime :-)
Talks cheap, Go to WSID & back up your statement,& don't give any lame excuses
Talks cheap eh? who said you were part of this discussion...read "CANBERRA SIPS AGAIN", I'm speaking in relation to my fellow Canberra riders.

No lame excuses needed here, I'm willing to give anyone a run anywhere for fun if they are up for it.
My misunderstanding i was under the impression this is an open forum.I was just suggesting you back up your statements with some real time numbers of just how quick you really are on your new bike.Nanna in the morris minor beats me off the lights when she nails it.
Fair enough, when I do get to the track sometime i'll make sure I post my times, regardless if the outcome is good or bad. If a car is taking you off the line, your not launching hard enough.

I used to get pipped off the line particularly by AWD cars like the WRX STI or EVO's but not a chance now even with a good driver.

Lots of practice :-) I think some of it though is letting go of the survival reaction from you body that kicks in cos you think "i'm gonna loop it if I launch too hard"

Mind you, the street I live on is a perfect 1/4 mile. I practice drag starts when its quiet.
by the way guys, who is up for sips + pizza tomorrow night? Any takers?
copperjosh Wrote:by the way guys, who is up for sips + pizza tomorrow night? Any takers?

I'd come along but I'm too far away and I'm afraid you'd destroy me on my Tenere.

The stats were from Fast Bike mag in UK. They are slow times but they were done under the same conditions, meaning a head wind for all contenders. I just think you need to be rubbed the wrong way coz you're on a busa site espousing the glories of a kawasucki condom. It's not even a Suzuki for Pete's sake! Secondly, if you really want a drag bike, you should get rid of that heap of shite and, while the sub-prime is killing the US economy, get a HD V-Rod Destroyer. Now that is a drag bike which will melt the condom between your legs, oh, and give a busa rider something to think about. See if you can talk one of those wanker ACT V-rod riders into a quick drag. There's something about a bike that can have the engine revved to 3 grand and clutch dumped without a wheel stand that is incredible to drag, but crud to corner.

Having launched my '03 busa several times in Melbourne, there are a bucket of blokes on crappy v-twin thousands who will devastate you over a quarter mile, all on one wheel. So hurry up and rid yourself of the leprosy generating sludge mobile and get a K8 busa already. No re-spray required!
sorry, can't make it - buyer coming to pick up his car from us tomorrow night...then off to Melb to see Sting/ Police...awesome, A-Reserve tickets down the front...been waiting since 1984 for this!!
Just got back to town - Good to see Travis taking a stick to Copperjess. I suppose at the end of the day what Travis is saying is correct. get hayabusa - be in the hayabusa club and extol it's virtues, get Kawasaki - Join a Kawasaki board and bullshit to them about how fast your Kawasaki is - maybe they'll care. Tough but true. Am I being too hard here?

Compare for a moment - Buy an '08 gen 2 Hayabusa, go to a Kawasaki board and tell them how much faster your Hayabusa is than their pride and joy machine. Is any of this too hard to accept. If you need help finding such a crew, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Dave (Gossling), he loves his kwacka's and always has, and he'll flog you with his ZX12. It handles. He is an admin on the Canberra Riders site. You can still bullshit to us about your Kwacka at the Canberra riders social sip, lots of Kwacka riders go there to listen to such tripeRollLol2Roll

Max - I come here to talk Hayabusa, I love it.
Australia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Been riding around today and decided to see if I could catch up with any riders northside. Went to Tilley's seeing as you bang on about it ALL the time!! and do I see any bikes........... No just lezbeyans and definately Not the purty ones............ that was a waste of fuel........... I did see acoule of kwackasucki riders.... but when they saw the KING of bikes they pissed their pants and skulked away like dirty hyenas... and rightly so I might add!!Action-smiley-083

LOL Marky Mark - Les and I have been out for a short ride for coffee - in short a Lesbryan, tomorrow arvo at Tilly's at 1600hrs (4pm). Les will be at work but some of the rest of us will be there.

Cheers big ears.

Max - of Hayabusa fame!HayabusaHayabusaHayabusa
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!