Canberrans Sips Again
copperjosh Wrote:Lol! I'm just taking the piss out of your brand loyalty guys Lol3

As much as I love the zx-14 I may get another Gen 1 model busa down the road as turbo kits for the 14 are very hard to source at this point & the whole exercise would be much more bang for buck with the busa.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the busa & suzuki for that matter! can't we love all bike brands? except harley davidson Ghastly

Drinks tonight anyone? Beer

I thought abuot it...too damn hot, but I'll be thinking of blokes whilst I enjoy a pure blonde in the swimming poolBeer
yer lol, i might just crash on the couch under the fan....bloody bastard with your swimming pool!!!
Monyx, I'm with you on this one except I'll be f***ing two blondes in my poolCoolsmiley
copperjosh Wrote:Lol! I'm just taking the piss out of your brand loyalty guys Lol3

As much as I love the zx-14 I may get another Gen 1 model busa down the road as turbo kits for the 14 are very hard to source at this point & the whole exercise would be much more bang for buck with the busa.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the busa & suzuki for that matter! can't we love all bike brands? except harley davidson Ghastly

Drinks tonight anyone? Beer

Last nightshift for a while, cannot be there tonight guys.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Saracen,

Do we get an opp to squiz the new paint at the usual Sat am haunt?

BTW I'll swap 2 cases of my blondes for just 1 of yours Lol3
Monyx Wrote:Saracen,

Do we get an opp to squiz the new paint at the usual Sat am haunt?

BTW I'll swap 2 cases of my blondes for just 1 of yours Lol3

Didn't know you that you kenw my usual Satudsay morning haunt? But yes I was at Babar Woden having my usual breakfast (eggs benedict ham/spinach with extra hollandaise) a 2 mugs of coffee (triple shot eachCoffee) If I knew what you looked like or what bike you ride I would say hello!! I also repeat this scenario on Sunday mornings Coffee So I will be there at around 10:30am tomorrow with the bike except if there is a chance of rain.... Storm Mustn't get the bling wet or more importantly meLol3 What/who should I be on the lookout for? By the way Kawasuki's do not register on my near far or peripheral visionCoolsmiley

The guy that airbrushed the bike just won best custom paint at the Summernats.... shame it was wasted on a tintop!!!
copperjosh Wrote:Hahaha, rides like a girl...

well i've slayed two busa's now & heidi is next! Any other challengers that would love to be dusted off?

mooohahahahahahah feel my wrath

I can sleep easy based on our few runs down Nrth Borne Ave Josh...no doubt the '14 is quick off the line, but I don't know how to drag race and by that I mean:

1. Had a run using 80% revs, so don't think I even kissed 8,500 rpm and only afterwards do I realise 'oh, I might have to stress my engine abit' Very Happy
I just never thrash the ring off my vehicles...I dunno I don't finance them, so it's my cash in them and I look after them, just they way I am.

2. It was only at the third set of lights when I was caught off guard by BTL clutch engaging when it pleases itself, so I wasn't even half-serious about my launch until then. I think in 18mths that is the 3rd occasion the BTL made itself known during launch, so you get an idea how many starts I do with any intent.

Not to mention your launch light, change light....they certainly would take away the distraction of watching tacho...anyways just wanted to air that yeah I was a couple bike lengths behind...but K5 wasn't even beginning to work in all honesty and all you had were a few lengths Lol2
Lol, I will note that I wasn't giving it full guts. I took it quick off the line then backed off slowly everytime I got out ahead as I considered that "race over".

I also wasn't using full guns as the bike lifts too easily now & the bike hadn't even been tuned yet. I have since put a power commander in which cures a massive lean spot around 3500rpm & trust me, you will not keep up if I fully gun it.

After removing the secondary plates & tuning the bike, I destroyed an 07 GSXR1000 with my girl on the back! hahah! When we stopped again at the lights he pulled up his visor and just said "MAN! that thing exploded!!"

enough said.

An 08 busa with full exhaust & tune will be neck & neck with my bike but a generation 1 even with reasonable mods...forget it, unless the 14 has a terrible rider, or the busa has spray/turbo the 14 will win.

I'm more than happy to prove this to you on a nice lengthy strip of road, perhaps where we went last time max & heidi???

Egyptian Bring it on!

& Max, you need to have another go of my bike since it had the power commander in, the torque down low will leave you smiling!

Monyx Wrote:
copperjosh Wrote:Hahaha, rides like a girl...

well i've slayed two busa's now & heidi is next! Any other challengers that would love to be dusted off?

mooohahahahahahah feel my wrath

I can sleep easy based on our few runs down Nrth Borne Ave Josh...no doubt the '14 is quick off the line, but I don't know how to drag race and by that I mean:

1. Had a run using 80% revs, so don't think I even kissed 8,500 rpm and only afterwards do I realise 'oh, I might have to stress my engine abit' Very Happy
I just never thrash the ring off my vehicles...I dunno I don't finance them, so it's my cash in them and I look after them, just they way I am.

2. It was only at the third set of lights when I was caught off guard by BTL clutch engaging when it pleases itself, so I wasn't even half-serious about my launch until then. I think in 18mths that is the 3rd occasion the BTL made itself known during launch, so you get an idea how many starts I do with any intent.

Not to mention your launch light, change light....they certainly would take away the distraction of watching tacho...anyways just wanted to air that yeah I was a couple bike lengths behind...but K5 wasn't even beginning to work in all honesty and all you had were a few lengths Lol2
Are we doing drinks tonight guys?????? I'm keen for a pizza & booze :-)
I have a concert this evening at work so I'mm out and Max is up north so he is too. If I squint really hard, I can KINDA see a cloud so your chances of Saracen turning up are slim. Might be you on your own buddy!
arr farrrr k it. I'll just get a dominos & sit on my ass watching cheesy tv shows :-)
Yeah in too late from work for tonite.
Josh I wanna do some runs with my cam mount + another another on tripod, just to study the effects of the BTL. If I can convince my wife to come along she might (wo)man a camera (I have three - cameras that is, not women!)
Sounds good Mark. Just let me know when & we can meet up somewhere. I live in Pearce anyway, so you could drop by and then head out or something, I dunno. Would be nice to get some video.

I think it would also do a great deal to analyse our launching. Perhaps it would tell you whether or not you can launch alot harder, etc etc.
After removing the secondary plates & tuning the bike, I destroyed an 07 GSXR1000 with my girl on the back! hahah! When we stopped again at the lights he pulled up his visor and just said "MAN! that thing exploded!!Lol2

That's rich! Everybody except you seems to know that the K7 gixxer is too choked up on Euro sludge laws to be considered worthy of bothering about. Try a K6 or the new K8 next time. Or, I can just give you some figures now:

K8 gixxer thou standing 1/4 in 10.36s @ 144 mph
ZX-14R standing 1/4 in 10.85s @ 140.74 mph

Just some figures I saw. They also had the new gixxer 750 outpacing the ZX-14 for most of the quarter mile too. Gee, I'd even rate my XTZ660 Tenere against a 14 nowadays, especially with my soon to be fitted pipe, raptor cam and unifilter.

Let me know when something interesting actually happens with kawashitsu ...Coffee

By the way, there was some amber looking lamps lying on the road a week ago. I can only assume they're yours. No other bike brand I know that drops bits off as it roles.
10.85! HAHAHAHAHA Yep, with a sleeping rider.

Man, you got some dud figures there. Do your research, the 14 has run a string of 9.7's BONE STOCK on numerous occasions.

I have left several gixxer thou's behind like they were standing still & a 750....you gotta be joking, they are SLOW

Go do some light reading, your facts are rubbish