Canberrans Sips Again
lol what, so i'm not welcome to thursday nights now cos i'm on a kwaka? wtf?
copperjosh Wrote:lol what, so i'm not welcome to thursday nights now cos i'm on a kwaka? wtf?
Not at all bloke, I'm looking forward to showing you how fast your ZX isn't in a dragEgyptian I was merely suggesting that you'll probably get a warmer reception from a mob of Kawasaki riders. Remember us - the Australian Hayabusa Club. Pi_tongue

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
lol! mmm..should be interesting...
Hmmm, gonna take the secondary flies out tonight. Should work a charm.

Most dyno graphs show a healthy 25 ft/lb increase down at around 3000-3500rpm.

I definately think this will make the bike feel like the busa used to down low.
Thats one thing I have noticed on the kwaka..... In stock form, they are very limited, its almost as if it has a turbo on as nothing happens...then BANG...at 7000rpm or thereabouts it rips your arms off.

Mod path will be as follows: Flies out, Power Commander 3, Full 4-2-1 Muzzy Exhaust with proper mapping, helibars. Think thats as far as I will go with her. Should be nice once thats done.

Suprisingly, the stock exhaust sounds much nicer and quite deep compared to my old busa with the good ol' sewing machine cans. Nothing quite compares to max's 4-1 yoshi...such a throaty noise going through the revs.

I'm after that noise. I will show up maybe this thursday or the next so I can catch up with you all.
[quote=copperjosh]
I must confess to being a little confused Josh.Confused
You sold your 99 Hayabusa (which was as quick as anything I have ever ridden) because you needed the money for your business. You bought that YZF thing that was as slow as a wet week, now you have bought a ZX14 Kawasaki that will be eaten alive by any of the '08 Hayabusa's. I just don't follow your reasoning mate. You professed to loving the Hayabusa and looked at buying a new one eventually and end up buying a kawasaki that will be eaten by anyone sporting a newer Hayabusa. Are you setting yourself up for a fall against the bikes you professed to love.
You've got me completely f****d mate, not saying anything against you, I just cannot for the life of me follow your reasoning, that's why I thought you would prefer the company of Kawasaki owners, they love their Kawasakis Pi_freak

I love hayabusas, therefore I own one. Egyptian

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Yer....Ricky Gadson just pulled 184RWHP on a bone stock...completely stock 08 ZX14. These things are power monsters, but in stock form they are very heavily limited. The busa has electronic restriction at the most whereas on the stock 14, the secondary throttle plates don't open till around 7000rpm. Take them out and holy shit it pulls soo hard.

Stock for stock, yes I think the 08 busa is better power wise, but just a few mods later...its either the 14 putting out close to 200 at the rear or neck and neck. And I still do think the 08 is terribly ugly.

I love the black busa's & the copper busa's...hell even some other funky colours for the originals. But the new one is just too bulbous for me...it looks like its just swallowed a snake. Long live the old busa! I may just pick one up down the track and own both! best compromise..lol

Maybe since having the fzr I'm just in awe coming back to a big bike but i can't be sure yet...it definately pulls harder than the copper, but shall see the true results once i've done full 4-2-1 exhaust & PC3.
Yeah, I dunno, rode the zx14 stock, the delivery from the engine was all arse-up, big donk, SFA where ya needed it - mods to make the thing useful just for everyday commuting - nah thanks. engineered for dyno and drag strip, well maybe. Did handle nicely and doesn't feel like a big bike.Pi_thumbsup

I guess HP was factor for all of us at one point, since we ride Busa's, but really means squat in the real world. Unless you got a drag strip close by, hp delivers little on the circuit compared to other ways of making up time. 100hp, 150hp 190hp...sure nice to have more than you can use, but on public roads? Unless you're pinning the throttle for more than 3s in more than the first couple gears....well you ain't using it. And when you do try that regularly, let me know how the points are going. Police
Bragging rights, wank factor...well now that is worth emptying the bank balance Lol3
Well the alternative is fitting massive amounts of bling that when correctly polished (over a period of a few hours) reduces the drag coefficient so much that you feel like you have 260hp at the rear wheel. Also if the wankers on the zx4teen's somehow manage to get close enough to the bike they are temporarily blinded by the bling and are unable to make use of any power advantage.......... just another thought!!!
I'm staying out out this discussion.....

.......I only have a small penis
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
A small one? I didn't know you owned a zx14Action-smiley-083
geez...I love the busa too guys..but this fanboy stuff...sheesh...

maybe you guys will have some respect for the 14 when I give you a dragrace. doo doo doo.....for slips! jokes...

but yer Might come out tonight if the weather permits....

Zeffs?
ZX-14, big wallop of power? New busa handles more like a smaller bike? I haven't heard so much shit since last I picked up some gullible bum and boob unit.

You blokes must have small hands and whopping knobs to be able to pull so hard and still have ya hand on it.

If you want a torque monster, get a Trump Rocket. If you want corner handling, get a 2 fiddy two stroke. If you want a rocket ship, get a busa. If you want to get laughed at, get a blackbird, 14 or k1200s. If you want cornering, top end, gobs of power and be irresistable to the opposite sex you only need to count it down baby.... TEN NINE EIGHT ARGHHHHHHHH

YEAH BABY, YEAHH heh hehehehehehe.Fatman
copperjosh Wrote:geez...I love the busa too guys..but this fanboy stuff...sheesh...

maybe you guys will have some respect for the 14 when I give you a dragrace. doo doo doo.....for slips! jokes...

but yer Might come out tonight if the weather permits....

Zeffs?

I'll see you on the road Scaggg!!
I'll paint a finish line at this end of the Hume for ya's - There's a 2lt bottle of Jacks in it for the winner Drool

I was down at Team Moto this week doing some xmas shopping and got into a chin wag with the sales guy who was trying to seperate me from the Busa - apparently the '08 zx-14 has been retuned to give more bottom end. I wasnt crazy about the grey and red flame treatment they've done either.

Anyway - I asked him if he enjoyed riding the 14 and he said with a grin

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Mate - I've just bought myself a new k8 Busa Clap(no bullshit)

Cheers Ruffy
mooohahahahahaha...your all gonna lose...maybe not in the twisties.......but drag race...comeon...you can't beat the mighty 14, i've watched them take down turbo busa's over the 1/8 mile. We will see....we will see.....(continue evil laughter)

Nar but seriously...I love both bikes & may own both in the future..thinking modded 14 plus turbo earlier model busa. who knows..but the k8...i will not own one of those...sorry..but its far too ugly...long live the copper!!!!!!!! & the black....!!!! :-)