Polishing wheels
Nice idea! :) thx for the pics
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Sacked the painter, got another one. Price doubled, oh well shit happens, but now it's getting a better technique anyway. Silver undercoat, and then colours etc.
Hope the tank works out OK, it's a hard shape to make blend nicely, but we'll see.
As for wheels, I'm not sure what to dom, will wait until it's painted then make a call. Polished rims and painted centres or polished all over.
Just as I was loading the 22 parts to be painted last night.....I found the 23rd!! All this time I had forgotten the small shroud around the oil cooler! Bummer as I've run out of plastic etch primer. Still if you take away my extra drag seat there's 22 bits on a Busa to paint. (not including wheels!)
Anyway off to NZ for a week, by then the guy will have got base coats done and designs for airbrushing prepared (ooops, let that out didn't I?). So I'll chuck the bike onto a trailer and take it around so we can stick bits and pieces on it to make sure all the lines flow from piece to piece OK. Maybe I'll have it done mid November!! Then back to finish HIDs, Air shifter and few other bits of bling!!
bear Wrote:Depending on the finakl colour, I think my centres will be painted too, just the edges polished. As for the seat, that's the one I made for drag racing. Just gets my bum as far forward and low as it can go. Not even sure I'll cover it yet. I used it last season just bare fibreglass, but I heard there is a rule in ANDRA about seat covering so I might have to do something.

What about velcro?Very Happy

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Sorry, touring NZ, so late reply. Hooks on bums and eyes on seats or the other way around?
You guys are crazy polishing your own wheels, you should leave it to the pros, quicker, easier, better finish, less pain and blood.
Try DEREK MARSHALL METAL POLISHING (0434 961 344)
He does great turbo po;lishing to
bear Wrote:Sorry, touring NZ, so late reply. Hooks on bums and eyes on seats or the other way around?

hey bear if they get arsy about not having some cover on the seat let me know and I'll do up a few neoprene seat pads for ya. i'll keep them down to about 2-3mm thick with adhesive on the back so you can just pull them off and put a new one on when they wear out (i do a few for some of my mates who still race)
I'll bring in my drag seat and do some templates just in case (for you mate they're free of course)Pi_thumbsup
Thanks Maggot, will take a few if you get around to making them. Still waiting for paint job!
no worries mate I'll make up a few this weekend and try them on mine to make sure they fit properly before I send them out.
Great.
Told the new painter I wanted the bits back, didn't care if he's painted them or not, but he'd failed a milestone date! Seemed to do the trick and at last I think.....I'll have my bike bits back for re-assembly end of November. Wooohooo.
So, in the meantime, aI'll do some sanding and polishing on the wheels.
bear Wrote:If I ever get my hands on the swine who said polishing wheels was not too hard........

+1,Frown but check the end result - DYI project of wheel lip polishing. Lot of labour but once done looks great.

The front are more difficult to clean and polish - also they shine less then the rear wheel.

YesTrophy