Power Commander??? 08 Busa
Does any one have a power commander fitted to their 08 Busa??

If you do, did it make any difference, what can you do with it?

Does it remove the speed limiter??

Are they worth buying??

P.S I've got a workshop manual for the 08 if anybody wants information or special tool numbers!!
Busa Greavett Wrote:what can you do with it?
Adjust the fuel mapping & ignition timing if you get the moduel to go with it
Does it remove the speed limiter?
NO
Are they worth buying?
Only if you change the Exhaust & do any mods
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
From what I have read from other sites, you can get a TRE to remove the speed limiter but it also removes the gear position indicator on the dash.
I don't think I'll be going over the limited speed on my bike.
Call me a pussy or an old lady but about 290kph is fast enough for me.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:From what I have read from other sites, you can get a TRE to remove the speed limiter but it also removes the gear position indicator on the dash.
I don't think I'll be going over the limited speed on my bike.
Call me a pussy or an old lady but about 290kph is fast enough for me.

Excellent, thanks guys, I'll save my pennies then!!

Er and I think your right, just shy of the 300kmh mark is fine by me!!

Ha ha!!
Boost by Smith HAS designed a restriction remover for the GEN II busa.
Here is the link to a detailed guide.

As I said earlier, for my riding, I don't think it is worth the hassle and I prefer the gear indicator to work properly.
For those that have to have it, you can.

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer...=3646&z=11
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
and I dont recommend screwing around with your new clutch basket to replace the gear positioning sensor unless you really know what your doing.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Hayabusa
Busa Greavett Wrote:Does any one have a power commander fitted to their 08 Busa??

If you do, did it make any difference, what can you do with it?

Does it remove the speed limiter??

Are they worth buying??

P.S I've got a workshop manual for the 08 if anybody wants information or special tool numbers!!
A pc usb 2 will that be ok to map an RS3 4-1 full system,reliable sources has it buy from the USA the current exchange rate is GOOD!!!!!!!.Can anyone in BUSA land tell me about extra customs, GST,etc etc ..... if getting parts sent in from US...ie: exhausts ,wheels ...... go hard,stay on the edge,....
A pc usb 2 will that be ok to map an RS3 4-1 full system,reliable sources has it buy from the USA the current exchange rate is GOOD!!!!!!!.Can anyone in BUSA land tell me about extra customs, GST,etc etc ..... if getting parts sent in from US...ie: exhausts ,wheels ...... go hard,stay on the edge,....
[/quote]

Import duty is payable if the purchase cost in AU dollars is $1000 or more. Duty is 5% of purchase price. GST is 10% of purchase price + freight + duty payable. Works out to be just slightly more than 15%.
Example you bought an item for $1100. Shipping cost $200.
Custom Duty Payable is 5% of $1100 = $55
GST payable is 10% of $(1100+200+55)=$135.50
Total is duty + GST = $55+$135.50 = $190.50
You pay at the post office $190.50 to collect your goods.

If cost of Item is less than AU $1000 , there is no import charges.
I am not really fussed about the idea of paying gst on the freight charges and the duty payable, but thats our govt collecting revenue for ya.
You wont be charged any import duty for a powercommander.
O yea , if ya have several packages arrive at customs at the same time, they combine all of them to evaluate the import duty.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549
Guys , word across the pond is YES you can put a pc and tune the busa for some more HP, however testing is showing that the stock K8 ECU is compensating and working well with new exhaust with out tuning due to the new k8 O2 bung and maintaining the 14.1 A/f. the K8 ECU is a great new developement
It would be interesting to see what the A/F of the stock setup is at WOT.The pc fuel tables for a stock piped 08 pull a massive amount of fuel out between 5500-8000.When you fit a pipe alot of this excess fuel is used up by better scavenging hence the big boost in midrange noticed by the good pipes out there.As its a narrow band 02 sniffer it would be good to see a dyno run with it plugged in and not plugged in to see how far it can reign in the A/F.
spamanglenn Wrote:It would be interesting to see what the A/F of the stock setup is at WOT.The pc fuel tables for a stock piped 08 pull a massive amount of fuel out between 5500-8000.When you fit a pipe alot of this excess fuel is used up by better scavenging hence the big boost in midrange noticed by the good pipes out there.As its a narrow band 02 sniffer it would be good to see a dyno run with it plugged in and not plugged in to see how far it can reign in the A/F.
Yes that is exactly what i am going to test out to see how good the ecu and O2 sniffer is?