front suspension set up
I know the busa doesn,t have much travel but its important on the road you have 30 or more mm of total front sag.If you don,t the front tops out coming out of corners and starts to headshake.It makes you think you going quick because of this but its holding you back.It will headshake in 3rd gear or lower in a straight line as well.I had my strap still on my bike from the drags with too much spring preload(less than 30mm) and i could feel the front topping out,which wasn,t as much fun on a bumpy road from wollombi.Remember suspension needs to work up AND down.
Just out of interest are you getting scalloping on your front tyre? The leading or trailing edge of the tread wearing to a raised point or noticably more worn? And if so is it the same on both sides?

Geoff
front tyre is fine,if a little dried out(very little cold grip) 002 street.
The cold certainly makes the tyres very skitty.
I was up around Scone yesterday in some twisties and the M3s didn't like it at all.
Do you colder climate guys adjust your tyre pressure in the icy conditions?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I tried 36 cold front and back and it still took a good while to heat them up.Much lower on the back and it tramlines too much.
spamanglenn Wrote:I tried 36 cold front and back and it still took a good while to heat them up.Much lower on the back and it tramlines too much.

I'm running 32 front and read atm. I wouldn't run this low touring, but getting around locally in the cold and wet it's good they at least warm up and have a fair size footprint.

Geoff
G'day
Just a quick q!
When I turn the nuts and change the number of threads showing on the front suspension, is there a trick to keep both sides even - as in count the number of turns each?
I want to go from 5 to 2.5 threads showing, but dont want to end up with 2.5 and 2.9 etc. its just that eyeballing them doesnt seem like the most accurate way to set up something that goes 300kph!
Thanks!
No clicks on spring preload.
Wind the adjusters all the way out and mark a line on a socket then count the turns as you wind both in. A small discrepancy between both sides will not be critical
As above, or felt tip marker on gold nut (my way)!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:As above, or felt tip marker on gold nut (my way)!

I wish I had gold nuts...!
Thanks - I will do as above.