Turbo'd Busa
Hi all
I am replying to the other post about turbo'd busa's. I have a street registered turbo busa, which was made and fitted by Mark @ Mr turbo. Firstly To Hawkwing Racing. Mr Turbo is a very busy business, and yes i had to wait for my bike to have work done to it. I even spent a few days in there work shop watching. The way i see it is a busy business is a good business. I would be worried if they had the time to sit around reading performance car mags. Obviously they are producing great work.. hence being busy..therefore taking a longtime to do that job for you. You made it out to be such a cheap and easy job if you did it ($60), but it cost alot ($700 odd) and took a while to do when mark did it. If it was so cheap and and easy.... why didn't you do it yours self? Have you got a pirtek or similar shop near you???

I have experienced there work first hand and my thought of there work is outstanding. And even, I took my bike to a shop who specializes in turbo's for cars in townsville and there first comments was how professional and superb the workmanship was, in all aspects of the turbo system.

Secondly. Yes I spent $8450 to turbo my busa. For that amount of money I certainly got more than 10hp per $1100. After the dyno, the bike put out 258rwhp at 8psi. And at 10psi it puts out 278 rwhp. But, because of the SHIT pump fuel in Townsville, I am running it at 8psi. To fit the turbo system to it, I had to make no extra modifications. And that it is true you can run up to 300rwhp before extra internal mods have to be done.

The reason why I spent that amount of money is that the turbo is there through all revs ( especially 4500 ) in every gear. You can sit in boost and have instant but not uncontrollable power at the twist of the throttle. Compared to NOS, where you have to be full throttle most times. And not very street friendly in my opinion.

The thought of $8450 for a turbo is very quickly made insignificant when you think about the amount of power and torque she has in wait....it soon puts a smile from ear to ear.

These are my thoughts and opinions (with some facts) and I welcome anyone to voice theres.

Safe riding
Grant 'MacBusa'

Sounds pretty cool, my b'day is coming up soon......anyone wanna buy me a gift.
Macbusa from your tone I get the impression you took offence at my posting re Mr Turbo , firstly It's great that you are happy with the product and service you recieved Im happy for you I'm not so some facts kawasaki's ie zx10/11 have a problem with #3 conrod ,they seize if you give them the stick and I was told by a friend in the US that MR Turbo did a mod to fix this prob ,so I contacted them( the US) and was told to use the Aust Mr Turbo ( I had no idea they existed ) I checked out their web site and emailed them (3) times before I recieved a reply (july 24 03) at which time I was informed that I would have to send them my oil sump which would be sent to the US for mods , no it could not be done inhouse in Australia cost $491.00+ gst+ postage + cost to send to them turnaround would 2.5 to 3 weeks .Your post implies that Mark did the job himself ,I hope not other wise I have be defrauded as I was charged postage to and from the US as well as statutory import charges ,anyway after 5 weeks I started to send emails enquiring as to my part all were NOT answered and I was forced to actually phone them I spoke to christine kitchen who said Mark would ring me back ,no return call finally recieved an email that it was on its way back from the states , I waited another month no part ring again ,Mark out / on holidays / whatever , after more calls and threats I finally recieved my part back on the 5 11 03,5 months compaired to 2-3 weeks as informed in anyones language this is absolute crap service AND NOT the way to treat customers :"> :">
when I got the sump back the mod consisted of drilling 2 holes into the sump and welding in 2 fittings which was connected together by a hp reinforced hose and extended metal tube for the oil pump total cost of fittings and tube under $60 from enzed in canberra (if I had known what was required which is prolly what I was paying for I could have done the job in an arvo )
My gripe was against the shit service ,not the product ,you or Mr turbo per se I hope you enjoy your bussa and kick arse you should try to get to lake gairdner some time to try it out
Hawkwind
Hawkwind. I see where your coming from now I know more of the story. Yes that is shit that it took five months instead of the 2-3wk time said. I may have come across abit :"> Well... no harsh feeling huh
Safe riding
Grant 'MacBusa'

Oh were is Lake gairdner. Is that a Top speed strip.
no hard feelings at all mate lake gairdner is a large salt lake in south Aus where land speed attempts are made through DLRA dry lake racers Australia its a great place to try out your prowess and bike
Hawkwind
Hey,

would you be able to post [or email me] some nice [close] pics of your turbo install? Would like to see the quality, and oil cooler [if you still have one].

Cheers,
Jon
Sure thing Jon, stupid me left my camera down south at my parents place. Once I have that back, I'll post some awesome pics/different angles and close ups. I'll even email them to you. If it is easyier than posting them.

Grant 'MacBusa'
MacBusa,

I would also appreciate some pics of the installation,as I am considering going the turbo route.
Thanx in advance.
Regards
Jeff

jeff@pictonpress.com.au
Sure thing Jeff.... I'm happy to do that. Give me a week thou....my mum is taking forever to send me camera back.

Trust me... the front wheel on a turbo busa is for parking only...your front tyre will last forever cause it'll never be on the bitchmen

Grant 'MacBusa'
bitumen.....not bitchmen