Valet Parking...comic relief
For those of you who remember, my valet parking ticket (unreasonalby obstructing the path of pedestrians) from the ride thru Marysville 09 Feb is still going...was withdrawn originally bc it was dated 2007...wtf??
re-instated and since withdrawn, only to be re-instated as a different offence (on legal advice from the department), now it's "stopped on a footpath".

Is this guy keen or what??

How did u go 'hard ruler'? this guy is like the energiser bunny ...

"life's not a spectator sport..."
Hey good to see you've come back to reality show!
Hey Bigshow, what a bummer. I thought that you guys down south could legally park on the footpaths (the main streets of Melbourne all have m'cycles parked on the footpaths) - what's the go??? Surely there's a legal precedent in that?:"> Dave
Hey, bigshow, just to let you know, I had my first "victory".

Won't go into the details, but they f****d me over and basically said I had no right to contest the ticket from that guy. I went through all the legal avenues, and yesterday I was in the Ringwood magistrates court, and the judge agreed that I had reasonable grounds to expect that I could successfully defend the charge, and so I finally have a date with him in court - 20 November.

The cop in the courtroom who came with me to the court co-ordinator to set the date had to ring him. She told me that he appears to have a few on his plate...
Oh, and no more talking or riding, any of you. Time to get out and tend your potato fields...

(message from the hard ruler...)
Sub,

You can park on the footpath as long as you dont obstruct pedestrians. The silly bugger parked smack band in the middle of the path. Done!
Hey Bigshow!
U back in Australia now?
I've gotta cook up some CDs and send them your way I recall..

-j-
Richard, that's unbelievable they said you had no right to contest the ticket...isn't it everyone's right to contest?

re parking of footpaths, to quote the vicroads website,
Quote:“In Victoria you can legally park your motorcycle on the footpath, as long as you do not obstruct pedestrians, delivery vehicles, public transport users or parked cars, and avoid parking on private properties.”

It seems this applies everywhere except Murchison St Marysville...D">

"going to court, not riding... "
Hey Bigshow,

I found this one useful:

footpath parking guidelines

It seems we are not the only two defending charges from this guy, either...

I'll give you more details when I see you in person re my contesting - too hard to explain it all here.
Quote:and where the footpath is narrow, you should avoid the area altogether

If you had have been on the grass next to the footpath, he couldn't have done squat. It's a bullshit rule as pedestrians could have still walked around you, but, aren't all laws a little screwed?
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
The interesting thing is, they are "guidelines", not rules. Based on the wording, I didn't think they could book you, just request that you don't abuse the right...

Bigshow - You got a date booked in?
Yes I do remember it Bigshow:"> As you say, he is keen
but you have to be keener

Small town cops can get like this out of sheer boredom

If you come out on top, I'm avoiding frog hollow for the next two decades Ditto De Meester !!!!

PS: Had a letter from Jeb Clampett & Granny up in Brisvegas they reckon Marysville is a stoneage village comparared to it. I reckon it's a dead heat, a shithole on stilts versus a dark ages survivor