Noobie Intro
Shy 
Hi All,

Just a quick intro as I've been stalking for about a month or so and picking up loads of useful info off the site. I'm about to take the plunge and pick up a new 2012 model black Gen II 'Busa for what must be a steal of a price. $16.5k ride away. I've been haggling on it for 6 weeks and they've finally relented Very Happy

Anyway back to the intro. I'm a brit ex-pat residing in Sydney now for about 14 months. Prior to Aus I lived in Tokyo for 12yrs. Current ride is a 2008 R1200GS which I imported and will be keeping in the stable next to the 'busa. Before leaving Japan I had to sell my 2011 S1000RR due to the 1 vehicle import rule and the requirement for all vehicles needing to be at least 1 year old. The S1000RR was only 8 months old and was the toy, meaning the R1200GS came with me whilst the S1000RR went back to the shop.

Previous vehicles have included a 2003 & a 2004 (after crashing the 2003) Honda VFR800 VTEC, 2006 BMW K1200S crashed at the race track (Motegi) a 1098S and the S1000RR. I'm very much looking forward to getting the power of an in-line 4 back. Whilst the GS is a genius bike and certainly not slow, it doesn't have the full on hit of an in-line 4 which I miss. I think the 'Busa will make a great stable mate.

Cheers all, ride safe and maybe catch up with some of you sometime soon once I get the new bike. You seem like a friendly bunch Scary no really! Pi_thumbsup

Delirious.
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver
Your going to love the Busa! Welcome to the club my friend.
Welcome mate. Great bike history, made complete with the Busa. Looking forward to meeting you on a ride. Welcome
(13-02-2013, 07:39pm)Delirious Wrote: Hi All,

Just a quick intro as I've been stalking for about a month or so and picking up loads of useful info off the site. I'm about to take the plunge and pick up a new 2012 model black Gen II 'Busa for what must be a steal of a price. $16.5k ride away. I've been haggling on it for 6 weeks and they've finally relented Very Happy

Anyway back to the intro. I'm a brit ex-pat residing in Sydney now for about 14 months. Prior to Aus I lived in Tokyo for 12yrs. Current ride is a 2008 R1200GS which I imported and will be keeping in the stable next to the 'busa. Before leaving Japan I had to sell my 2011 S1000RR due to the 1 vehicle import rule and the requirement for all vehicles needing to be at least 1 year old. The S1000RR was only 8 months old and was the toy, meaning the R1200GS came with me whilst the S1000RR went back to the shop.

Previous vehicles have included a 2003 & a 2004 (after crashing the 2003) Honda VFR800 VTEC, 2006 BMW K1200S crashed at the race track (Motegi) a 1098S and the S1000RR. I'm very much looking forward to getting the power of an in-line 4 back. Whilst the GS is a genius bike and certainly not slow, it doesn't have the full on hit of an in-line 4 which I miss. I think the 'Busa will make a great stable mate.

Cheers all, ride safe and maybe catch up with some of you sometime soon once I get the new bike. You seem like a friendly bunch Scary no really! Pi_thumbsup

Delirious.

.I really think you should have it supercharged
Welcome to the club Delirious ..

Another black joining the club .. Yes. You obviously chose that one because they are the fastest .. Coolsmiley

Looking forward to meeting you mate .. Pi_thumbsup

Dale
G'day Delirious...

and Welcome to the AHC!! Very Happy

That's a damn red-hot price....snap it up quick smart!! Yes

See ya out on a club ride some time!?! Undecided

keep it fun,
bazman
Coolsmiley
Thanks All. Looking forward to getting out on it and catching up with a few folk on here. Now, must get to the dealer tomorrow and secure that bike.

Cheers,
Delirious.
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver
Welcome Delirious. Secure that bike you must!!! Just watch out with that right wrist.....and our open roads!!!!
welcome man, as bikerboy said ,cops beware!
Welcome D
Come and meet us, even if you don't have your bike yet...

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=20043

Many thanks once again guys. Deposit paid and bike secured today, valentines day, gotta love the wife for that one!

Pan, I see from other postings that you are in Kogarah. Snap, me too, we'll have to meet up for a ride soon! I'll also try and make the Monday Woolloomooloo meet.

Cheers,
Delirious.
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver
(14-02-2013, 12:04pm)Delirious Wrote: ...Deposit paid and bike secured today, valentines day, gotta love the wife for that one....

ha ha......ain't this gonna be an "interesting" love triangle!!! BikerDroolBoobies4
(you'll ALWAYS have a totally legitimate excuse to be out riding the busa on St. Valentines day now....WooHooeY!!!) Yes
Welcome mate.
Get to pick the bike up on Monday arvo now. Saw her in the garage today and she looks gorgeous. That polished black definitely makes it faster Very Happy
Bikes in the stable:
2012 Hayabusa in black
2008 R1200GS in silver